Signings we made then sold who turned out to be good

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has to be The Ghetto Prince now of Milan, surely? Even if that goal the other week against Poopenhole is the only reason.

Otherwise, can I included a yoyo player: Kaboom. He came, he went, he got good, he came back. So I can only imagine what will happen if he goes again.

Thelonious said:
Mounir El Hamdaoui

Never forget a spin-turn-flicky-pass El Ham did to (an offside) Keane in a pre-season friendly someplace. Was a thing of beauty. Gazza class, but he would have topped El Ham's effort by giving the centre half a wedgie mid flick.

YidoBuckler said:
Luke Young?

(Did we sign him?)

Gone on to make a Premier League career for himself after leaving us and a few England caps.

Think he came through the youth setup. I was disappointed when we sold him as he was pretty young still and could clearly do a job.

Hate to say it, but You Know Who definitely won a lot of silverware after leaving us. However, "sold" is a generous way of saying "crept out the back door (weyoo) on a free".

to clarify, do these players have to have been shit or less than good with us before leaving and vastly improving?

Thelonious said:
to clarify, do these players have to have been shit or less than good with us before leaving and vastly improving?
I think "of modest talents" would be the best way of putting their Spurs era - Stephen Carr, for instance, was good for us and never improved much after, so he wouldn't be one.

Back
Top Bottom