Signings we made then sold who turned out to be good

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How about Robinson - do you think he is a better keeper than Gomes??

I know he's not perfect and wasn't great on crosses but I do wonder if he'd have been a better keeper for us last season...

78Spur said:
How about Robinson - do you think he is a better keeper than Gomes??

I know he's not perfect and wasn't great on crosses but I do wonder if he'd have been a better keeper for us last season...
no.

All of the above are good shouts.

Reto Ziegler also went on to be pretty handy for Sampdoria, even if he's now been booted off to Turkey on loan from Juve.

Ziegler is a good shout.

Postiga? Has done pretty well since he went back to Portugal

Popescu? Went to Barcelona and made a shit load of appearances there.

PIENAAR. First game back at Everton and he has a blinder.

Maybe Matty Etherington? Especially now at Stoke he's turned into a tidy little player.

Whenever someone got a freekick on the edge of the box with Robbo on goal, I just shuddered. Used to love him but you get the feeling that ever since that backpass/owngoal thing with Gary Neville, he's not been the same.

even though he never played for Spurs, it's surprising to see Borja Valero be a regular at Villareal when he didn't exactly pull up any trees at WBA.

Does Beckham count?

I personally was gutted when Zokora left, he was the kind of guy who I can imagine was a right laugh to have about the place.

Whenever I think of Zokora 3 things spring to mind:

1. 1vs1 with Petr Cech at the Carling Cup final.
2. His reaction to Berbatov's penalty
3. Diving against Pompey.

kangarisntpro said:

1. Hilarious because we won the cup anyway, but I really wish he had banged that in and won the cup for us.
2. I could watch that clip ove and over again, love it.
3. Shhhhhhh

Kaboul turned out good, he was incredibly shit when we sold him.

Darren Bent scored a shitload for Sunderland after being sold but his Villa career isn't going so well lol.

Zamora looks good now too, should've stayed with Jol though.

Burko said:
kangarisntpro said:

1. Hilarious because we won the cup anyway, but I really wish he had banged that in and won the cup for us.
2. I could watch that clip ove and over again, love it.
3. Shhhhhhh

1. I was watching shouting "ANYONE BUT ZOKORA!!!?!"
2. Agreed, that was quality
3. Urgh. Hated that.

Most have been mentioned Boateng, Kanoute, Zamora all in all though we haven't done too bad in this department. I do think we let Mendes go a few years too early as well and lucky Pompey went into the shit so we could get Kaboul back.

If we do end up losing Modric KPB would be a decent replacement imo

Back
Top Bottom