Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

players that make the odd mistake here and there isnt the same as someone whos making them time and time again and never learning. come on get real ffs! you think fans just have it out for aurier by chance? nothing to do with him being a liability? i suppose they just dont like him..nothing to do with football

Aurier has started 8 games this season in the Premier League. He hasn't made mistakes time and time again at all. Again, this is where fans brains tell them something they just haven't seen. Or being hyperbolic of Auriers season based on his last performance.

"You're only as good as your last performance" should the forums tagline. When we lose, Aurier is shit. Lloris is passed it. We need to upgrade on Dier. Sissoko is useless. Ndombele is a luxury etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Man Utd - 1 goal and 1 assist. Can't think of any mistakes he made at all.

West Ham - His late free kick (wrongly ruled as a foul) lead to a goal that is widely credited as a Winks error, Besides that, relatively solid. Reguilon had a stinker though, probably gets away with it as he got an assist.

Man City - Arguably our best defender. Probably MOTM.

Chelsea - Again, arguably our best defender. Probably MOTM.

Woolwich - Solid. Had a hand in our second goal with a brilliant interception and pass.

Crystal Palace - Solid. But late free kick (Which again wrongly ruled as a foul) clouds most peoples judgement of overall performance.

Liverpool - Easily his best ever game in a Spurs shirt. MOTM.

Leicester - Stinker. Gave away a penalty.

id have doherty over aurier just on the fact hes not let the team down on a reguar basis and is a major weak link. you dont have to be much of a right back to be better than aurier. just dont be brain dead and youre pretty much there as youre only up against someone who can jump high then.

no one makes them braindead challenges as much as aurier, hes nailed on to put us under pressure when theres no need. the penalty against leicester was actually comical, head down like an actual bull in a china shop...couldnt make it up.

Fair enough.

I'm not going to change your mind on Aurier - and you're probably never going to give him credit for the good season he's having so far overall. Just like I am not going to change my mind that Doherty so far has been one huge waste of £16,000,000.

and you're probably never going to give him credit for the good season he's having so far overall.
what you on about? ive said hes had a few good games this year, it doesnt change the fact that a wreckless moment is always lurking and it will always come out and hurt us. dont think hes been MOTM though. hes had one stand out game i cant remember what one it was where he was maybe MOTM. other than that its either been kane, son or mainly hojbjerg as MOTM.

the worst thing about auriers cheap freekicks he gives away is you can just see it happening as soon as the attacker picks up the ball and chooses to go nowhere. aurier will steam into him like an idiot and give them a chance to whip a freekick in...lovely!

Serge makes an error, and it's off to the glue factory with him.

My boy Winkz slowly drags his arse across the pitch every game and it's "the boy needs more time bruv".

Crazy stuff.

Sissoko he's fuckng shite rubbish crap get rid, wait no no no we need a "pwopa bruiser" in the team keeps us nice and steady.

Which one is it lads?

:deledoubt:

Yep.

We win and Sissoko does a great job, is important to the team. We lose and he's a liability, need to upgrade and get him out of the starting eleven as soon as possible.

Fortunately, there are a few sane people on here who see Sissoko for what he is and that's a very limited footballer, who doesn't do anything special defensively and is non existent offensively. And we say this when we win and when we lose.

id have doherty over aurier just on the fact hes not let the team down on a reguar basis and is a major weak link.

no one makes them braindead challenges as much as aurier, hes nailed on to put us under pressure when theres no need. the penalty against leicester was actually comical, head down like an actual bull in a china shop...couldnt make it up.
Doherty has actually done that.

Aurier is unfortunately going to cop stick if he makes ANY mistake. Any free kick he gives away will be likely be labelled as a brain-fart and his tenacity will likely be perceived as madness. I think a lot of fans actually view him as an exaggerated version of himself - which I understand, he can be over zealous and brash, but he has been mostly very good this season, in my opinion and rightfully deserves his spot over Doherty.

I mentioned something over the summer break about it when everyone was calling for his head - I think he is sometimes unable to temper his desire to compete with and beat his direct opponent, which you’d take any day over a player that is not willing to put in. It’s a “good problem” to have... but still a problem.

The thing is, I can live with defender making a mistake and giving away a penalty.

But that wasn't just a mistake. That was one of the most ridiculous penalties conceded by a Premier League footballer in the last decade. It looked downright intentional.

Toby makes mistakes, Sanchez makes even more, but nothing like that.

The thing is, I can live with defender making a mistake and giving away a penalty.

But that wasn't just a mistake. That was one of the most ridiculous penalties conceded by a Premier League footballer in the last decade. It looked downright intentional.
he actually looked like a bull, flying into a red flag. guys just a complete idiot

also completely day dreaming and laziness in the maddison goal that was just offside. very very lucky he was there.

Aurier has started 8 games this season in the Premier League. He hasn't made mistakes time and time again at all. Again, this is where fans brains tell them something they just haven't seen. Or being hyperbolic of Auriers season based on his last performance.

"You're only as good as your last performance" should the forums tagline. When we lose, Aurier is shit. Lloris is passed it. We need to upgrade on Dier. Sissoko is useless. Ndombele is a luxury etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Man Utd - 1 goal and 1 assist. Can't think of any mistakes he made at all.

West Ham - His late free kick (wrongly ruled as a foul) lead to a goal that is widely credited as a Winks error, Besides that, relatively solid. Reguilon had a stinker though, probably gets away with it as he got an assist.

Man City - Arguably our best defender. Probably MOTM.

Chelsea - Again, arguably our best defender. Probably MOTM.

Woolwich - Solid. Had a hand in our second goal with a brilliant interception and pass.

Crystal Palace - Solid. But late free kick (Which again wrongly ruled as a foul) clouds most peoples judgement of overall performance.

Liverpool - Easily his best ever game in a Spurs shirt. MOTM.

Leicester - Stinker. Gave away a penalty.

Fair enough.

I'm not going to change your mind on Aurier - and you're probably never going to give him credit for the good season he's having so far overall. Just like I am not going to change my mind that Doherty so far has been one huge waste of £16,000,000.

I agree with almost everything you say.
I think what most people are thinking though, is that no matter how many decent performances he puts in, he's eventually going to do something like this and let you down.
It's one thing having a poor game, but this is beyond having a poor game, it was so unbelievably unessesary it's hard to comprehend why he did it. For me, a bad game is when your first touch lets you down time and again, when you keep getting tackled and can't seem to do anything right.
Giving away a penalty for no reason, getting sent off etc under no pressure, that stinks of underlying issues. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doherty start the next few games. Mourinho will be asking Aurier what on earth he was doing there. There is no room in football for stupid, un forced acts like this.

If Vardy was through on goal and Aurier took him out as a last ditch, I'd be 50/50 about whether he did the right thing, In this case, he was 100% wrong.

id have doherty over aurier just on the fact hes not let the team down on a reguar basis and is a major weak link. you dont have to be much of a right back to be better than aurier. just dont be brain dead and youre pretty much there as youre only up against someone who can jump high then.

What’s annoying is that I thought Aurier had turned the corner and even I was praising him and he does that

Hope Jose removed his testicles

Back
Top Bottom