Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't just a mistake Aurier made though. It was total madness on his part. No professional should be doing something so calamitous. Just like no professional should be unable to take a throw in properly. Doherty has been rubbish but I don't think any of his mistakes have been of the "total dumb fuck" variety.

aurier has had a few good games this year, probably 2-3 good games the previous 2 years. you actually think thats good enough for a club like this? thats not even taking into account hes wreckless and braindead and thats been proven time and time again.

I think Aurier can be upgraded.

But I also think Alderweireld, Dier, Sissoko and Bergwijn can be upgraded from our line up.

I will criticise him when he has a bad game or does something stupid. I am however not in the game for throwing our own players under the bus. He had a bad game. His first of the season, when he's arguably been our best defender by some distance.

Alderwiereld and Dier have both made more mistakes this season than Aurier - yet, no where near the same amount of abuse.

That's the point.

People seem to refer back to 2017 when discussing Aurier like it matters. "LoLz He MaDe A FoUl ThRoW bEfoRe" - yeah, how many since?

I do assume that those who throw that at him haven't actually played football before, yet alone taken a throw-in.

I think Aurier can be upgraded.

But I also think Alderweireld, Dier, Sissoko and Bergwijn can be upgraded from our line up.

I will criticise him when he has a bad game or does something stupid. I am however not in the game for throwing our own players under the bus. He had a bad game. His first of the season, when he's arguably been our best defender by some distance.
i agree they can all be upgraded, toby only down to age unfortunately. aurier has had sissoko babysitting him this year which has stopped him being exposed for how poor a player he is. id rather have a competent right back who doesnt constantly let his whole team down, and a cm who can actually play some decent stuff with the ball at is feet.

you keep saying this season but does the previous two years not matter? hes shown ever since hes been here hes just not got the brain for it. wreckless and braindead and that shit is unchangeable.

hes a really really poor mans kyle walker. walker will make brain dead mistakes 4-5 times over a season maybe more but at least his positives make it bearable. aurier sticks one good cross in out of about 20 and thats just law of averages.

i agree they can all be upgraded, toby only down to age unfortunately. aurier has had sissoko babysitting him this year which has stopped him being exposed for how poor a player he is. id rather have a competent right back who doesnt constantly let his whole team down, and a cm who can actually play some decent stuff with the ball at is feet.

you keep saying this season but does the previous two years not matter? hes shown ever since hes been here hes just not got the brain for it. wreckless and braindead and that shit is unchangeable

The Sissoko thing isn't specific to Aurier though - it's how central midfielders tend to play. Covering their full backs, especially Sissoko. Hojbjerg does the exact same with Reguilon.

He done this with Trippier and likely would have done the same with Kyle Walker if he could actually make the team in central midfield back in 2016-17 - however we have Dembele for this and he done the same job.

I don't think the previous 2 years matter, no. Just like I wouldn't judge Jose Mourinho on his last 2 seasons in management, one of which involved a sacking.

I personally think with Aurier, he had a poor first season and fans just haven't got over it - added to the fact that anyone who's been in the fans bad books before tend to get abuse a bit more when we are actually losing.

Always happens and always will - just like when we are winning Sissoko "Done a great job" when he performs no different in the games we lose, when in which he gets "How on earth is he a professional footballer"

People seem to refer back to 2017 when discussing Aurier like it matters. "LoLz He MaDe A FoUl ThRoW bEfoRe
couldnt give a shit about a foul throw years ago, the worst thing about aurier is the cheap shitty freekicks he gives when a player is going no where. puts us in danger all the time. i actually think they are worse than the penalties he gives away because hes not even got a reason to panic in them situations.

couldnt give a shit about a foul throw years ago, the worst thing about aurier is the cheap shitty freekicks he gives when a player is going no where. puts us in danger all the time. i actually think they are worse than the penalties he gives away because hes not even got a reason to panic in them situations.

Yeah - the cheap free kicks are frustrating. But again, I don't think that's just an Aurier thing. Most teams attack down our right regardless of who our right back is. Doherty would regularly be attacked and shown to be out of his depth. Look at Evertons winner against us, cheap free kick on the right side... Aurier didn't play.

I seem to remember two 'cheap' free kicks given against us that Aurier 'committed' that ended up leading to goals.

West Ham at home which ended up being their equalising goal - It was never a foul. The more annoying thing in that whole phase of play was Aurier just not booting it up field before the free kick was given. Saying that, the free kick was dealt with fine before Winks fucked it.

Crystal Palace last week - which again, was never a free kick. And Lloris is at fault for the goal more than Aurier.

I wish I had the video clips.

The Sissoko thing isn't specific to Aurier though - it's how central midfielders tend to play. Covering their full backs, especially Sissoko. Hojbjerg does the exact same with Reguilon.

He done this with Trippier and likely would have done the same with Kyle Walker if he could actually make the team in central midfield back in 2016-17 - however we have Dembele for this and he done the same job.

I don't think the previous 2 years matter, no. Just like I wouldn't judge Jose Mourinho on his last 2 seasons in management, one of which involved a sacking.

I personally think with Aurier, he had a poor first season and fans just haven't got over it - added to the fact that anyone who's been in the fans bad books before tend to get abuse a bit more when we are actually losing.

Always happens and always will - just like when we are winning Sissoko "Done a great job" when he performs no different in the games we lose, when in which he gets "How on earth is he a professional footballer"
its not even about actual form with aurier. hes never been putting in cross after cross on the money. its the fact that he makes braindead decisions in crucial parts of games.

I seem to remember two 'cheap' free kicks given against us that Aurier 'committed' that ended up leading to goals.
but it doesnt matter if they result in the other team scoring. hes putting his team under pressure, they may not score directly from that phase of play but that pressure has been applied and may cause us to crack in another phase. seen it for too long now. you can just see the way a game plays out and his constant poor decisions end up grinding us down.

its not even about actual form with aurier. hes never been putting in cross after cross on the money. its the fact that he makes braindead decisions in crucial parts of games.

He does have some mental issues when it comes to perhaps concentration and decision making - but that's how he is.

Again, I liken it to Kyle Walker who was ALWAYS blamed for his defensive issues, lack of concentration and brain dead decisions.

However, the Walker abuse died down when we started actually winning games and playing well from 2015 to 2017. Just like the Aurier abuse dies down when we are winning games. Against Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool and he was getting huge praise. Defensively solid, useful on the ball and having a hand in 1 goal and 1 assist in those games and 4 clean sheets.

Maybe he's just a man for the big games? Where we are going to be playing rather deep, compact and look to play on the counter and we should perhaps stick with Doherty in the games where we should perhaps aim to go with it and push our wing backs high up the field?

I don't know.

Maybe he's just a man for the big games? Where we are going to be playing rather deep, compact and look to play on the counter and we should perhaps stick with Doherty in the games where we should perhaps aim to go with it and push our wing backs high up the field?

I don't know.
dont know, as i said its not even about auriers lack of quality on the ball. its his wrekcless defending in crucial stages of games. puts us under immense unnecessary pressure.

yea he had a good run of games this year, well done aurier. was only a matter of time until he let us down though wasnt it...

dont know, as i said its not even about auriers lack of quality on the ball. its his wrekcless defending in crucial stages of games. puts us under immense unnecessary pressure.

yea he had a good run of games this year, well done aurier. was only a matter of time until he let us down though wasnt it...

Unfortunately so.

No player is perfect. I don't think it's any different to a game where a striker misses an easy chance and the team go on to lose.

I'm looking at you Harry Kane and Steven Bergwijn.

We pick ourselves up and we go again.

Unfortunately so.

No player is perfect. I don't think it's any different to a game where a striker misses an easy chance and the team go on to lose.

I'm looking at you Harry Kane and Steven Bergwijn.

We pick ourselves up and we go again.
missing chances etc is form related. giving away braindead freekicks in dangerous areas at crucial stages of games when the attacker is going nowhere isnt. do you realise how damaging that braindead shit is? as long as its doesnt result in a goal its ok though isnt it? having players that dumb just grinds a team down.

missing chances etc is form related. giving away braindead freekicks in dangerous areas at crucial stages of games when the attacker is going nowhere isnt. do you realise how damaging that braindead shit is? as long as its doesnt result in a goal its ok though isnt it? having players that dumb just grinds a team down.

Both change games.

Again, the referees blowing for cheap free kicks isn't a braindead decision by Aurier. Just like the free kick given against Hojbjerg for the eventual Newcastle equaliser wasn't a Hojbjerg brain dead decision. It wasn't a free kick that was given as one by the referee.

But he's our best right back.

So who do you think should play there instead?
hes not. what does he do well? he doesnt put in good cross after good cross does he? hes actually well under law of averages on that alone, a blind man would have a better % of quality crosses. he gets up well for headers ill give him that, i cant think of anything else that he actually excels in? you just cant have a RB that stupid at right back if you want to be serious, the only one who gets away with being that thick is kyle walker due to his pace and engine, and hes better on the ball that aurier too. if walker wasnt so thick hed be the best right back in the world by a distance.

hes not. what does he do well? he doesnt put in good cross after good cross does he? hes actually well under law of averages on that alone, a blind man would have a better % of quality crosses. he gets up well for headers ill give him that, i cant think of anything else that he actually excels in? you just cant have a RB that stupid at right back if you want to be serious, the only one who gets away with being that thick is kyle walker due to his pace and engine, and hes better on the ball that aurier too. if walker wasnt so thick hed be the best right back in the world by a distance.

I've asked you who you'd play over him and you haven't answered. He's a lot better than Doherty and if you disagree, feel free to let me know what you think Doherty does well. Because from what I have seen from Doherty at Spurs, he's awful positionally, gives away silly fouls, isn't particularly quick or intelligent and is as bad at crossing the ball as Aurier.

what?? do you see the freekicks aurer gives away on the edge of the box? constantly going into the back of players going no where! hows that anything to do with the ref? he has no choice.

I see him make the same cheap foul every full back in world football makes. It's an easy stick to beat a player that has a fanbase's mind made up on him. Just like the foul throw stick was. However, he hasn't made one in about 3 years so that sort of died down.

Both change games.

Again, the referees blowing for cheap free kicks isn't a braindead decision by Aurier. Just like the free kick given against Hojbjerg for the eventual Newcastle equaliser wasn't a Hojbjerg brain dead decision. It wasn't a free kick that was given as one by the referee.
players that make the odd mistake here and there isnt the same as someone whos making them time and time again and never learning. come on get real ffs! you think fans just have it out for aurier by chance? nothing to do with him being a liability? i suppose they just dont like him..nothing to do with football

I've asked you who you'd play over him and you haven't answered. He's a lot better than Doherty and if you disagree, feel free to let me know what you think Doherty does well. Because from what I have seen from Doherty at Spurs, he's awful positionally, gives away silly fouls, isn't particularly quick or intelligent and is as bad at crossing the ball as Aurier.

I see him make the same cheap foul every full back in world football makes. It's an easy stick to beat a player that has a fanbase's mind made up on him. Just like the foul throw stick was. However, he hasn't made one in about 3 years so that sort of died down.
id have doherty over aurier just on the fact hes not let the team down on a reguar basis and is a major weak link. you dont have to be much of a right back to be better than aurier. just dont be brain dead and youre pretty much there as youre only up against someone who can jump high then.

no one makes them braindead challenges as much as aurier, hes nailed on to put us under pressure when theres no need. the penalty against leicester was actually comical, head down like an actual bull in a china shop...couldnt make it up.

Back
Top Bottom