Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In big games he is a liability. Horrendous decision making as if he has the brain cells of a 5 year old.
He needs to take players on and put in a decent cross .
Till he improves and can be trusted then it's time to take a backseat.

Liability. Think he should be moved on as quick as we can in the summer.
Utter bollocks. He has been thrown in for us this season and is still developing, something that was neglected at PSG. He’ll keep growing for us and Poch will coach him to be a bit more astute in matches.

Keep him. Back him.

He was really poor. Didn't have one cross tonight?

And giving the ball away, couple of times he just missing our players. I thought he was experience. Trippier should start at Wembley.

Last week Tripper was getting all the trash talk. Now the pendulum has swung the other way. I was pro Serge, but didn’t want to sell Trippier.

After today I’m not sure what to think other than right back is a weak spot right now.

Fucking livid with him for the challenge that gave away the penalty and I was packing it after he got his yellow - but credit it to him for the last 15 mins or so. Won the ball in the air at a few crucial times and toned it down.

I have been disappointed with his lack of delivery from wide areas. Think he spends a bit too much time on the ball after beating his man/finding space, which results in him passing back to the corner of the box (where it is often then lost, or the move has broken down). Maybe could get some earlier crosses in.

Hope poch can work some magic, because the raw skills and athletocism is there. Just need to work on his brain.

His worse game in a Spurs jersey by a good distance. But not about to make blanket statements via one bad performance and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's been massive in other games so let's keep the faith peops

We should put a spike on his backside to stop him going down so quickly. I think the reason Lamela started was to offer extra protection down the right against Costa so that suggests Poch doesn't completely trust him, just a poor game all around by both full backs. Along with the penalty, Davies committed the cardinal sin of letting Bernadeschi get a shot in on his left rather than showing him outside onto his right, which he's useless with.

Up against a fantastic player last night and whilst he didn’t cover himself in glory, I feel his rush of blood is an example of him trying too hard to make an impression.

Up against a fantastic player last night and whilst he didn’t cover himself in glory, I feel his rush of blood is an example of him trying too hard to make an impression.

He certainly was and will learn from the experience

A pre season with Poch and we could have a player

When he's likely to have his crosses blocked (happens to ALL our full backs unless they send it in 1st time), I'd prefer him to cut inside and stick one in left footed. He's got a boomer of a LF cross. Did it against Dortmund I think, went beyond the far post. Did it once last night and nearly put Kane or Dele in for a tap in. It would be impossible to defend against, and I can't recall ever seeing another RB ever having this in their locker.

He had a mare last night (never heard of Weston before lol). But he's a lot better than Walker was when Poch took over. Maybe having Moura in front of him would help. Need to be patient with this guy. Not properly Poched yet.

Relax! We didn't lose, yes he had a shocker but it happens! Poch will help the chap out.

I hate it when we are roar down at our own players! Get behind the likes of Sissoko, Llorente etc! We aint woolwich.

Loved the entertainment factor of last night!

He reminds me of a young Kyle Walker - all the athleticism, but lacks the tactical nous and end product. Not the finished object yet. But I'm sure he can and will improve, if he puts the work in.

Back
Top Bottom