Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we are having this same conversation this time next year, then perhaps it’s time to accept he’s not what we thought we were getting.
Bit he’s not even had a pre season to speak of. Leave him to Poch. He will iron out the deficiencies. It’s what he does with fullbacks.

I posted about him on the Juve thread so I wont re-post everything I put there, but I just don't think he can get that rash challenging from behind out of his game. When he made that terrible challenge earlier in the season and all the pundits and media was on him saying it was a terrible tackle, he had probably made at least 5 or 6 tackles prior to that this season that was just as bad.

I love a strong or last ditch tackle, but he seems reckless and a bit of a danger in my opinion. When he gets the ball by tackling people from behind with that hooking motion, looks great, but every time he does it I just wonder if he will get the ball the next time and get us into trouble by getting sent off or giving away some sort of dangerous set piece.
if you mean the sending off at Spam, which i think you do, wasn't that his debut?

You can tell he's a brilliant footballer. Look forward to seeing what he can do next season.
I have nothing against him, but how can you see that? I wish him the best and hope he can become right man for the job, but this season he was average at best. Starting to think why would PSG et him go away if he's so good.

Honestly, Trippier should be our first right back. You can't trust Aurier because of his head, and that has nothing to do with preseason, that's just how he is. Let's hope Poch could do something about that, but I'm not optimistic.

I have nothing against him, but how can you see that? I wish him the best and hope he can become right man for the job, but this season he was average at best. Starting to think why would PSG et him go away if he's so good.

Honestly, Trippier should be our first right back. You can't trust Aurier because of his head, and that has nothing to do with preseason, that's just how he is. Let's hope Poch could do something about that, but I'm not optimistic.

Because he's comfortable with both feet and he's intelligent and calm when defending in his own box.

He absolutely pisses on Trippier in terms of footballing ability. But Trippier tends to hit one good cross in 30 which tends to get picked up on and he rarely goes to ground.

Aurier is younger. Athletically superior. Faster. Better at beating a man. Two footed and aggressive in his play. All attributes that Pochettino tends to like in a full back.

Rose was exactly the same. Stupid tackles in stupid situations almost every week. I wonder what changed.

Because he's comfortable with both feet and he's intelligent and calm when defending in his own box.

He absolutely pisses on Trippier in terms of footballing ability. But Trippier tends to hit one good cross in 30 which tends to get picked up on and he rarely goes to ground.

Aurier is younger. Athletically superior. Faster. Better at beating a man. Two footed and aggressive in his play. All attributes that Pochettino tends to like in a full back.

Rose was exactly the same. Stupid tackles in stupid situations almost every week. I wonder what changed.
This got better as it went on.

Paragraph one is a shocker, two is better, three makes sense and I thoroughly agree with four.

Can’t like nor dislike.

Serge aurier ... the one that plays for us ?

‘Intelligent and calm defending in his own box’ is a bit of a stretch at the moment.

I meant own half - he's usually surprisingly very very good at getting out of a tight situation. Plenty of times he's had the ball in the corner closed off by two players and he's worked his way out with intelligent play. Usually helped out by Eriksen.

I meant own half - he's usually surprisingly very very good at getting out of a tight situation. Plenty of times he's had the ball in the corner closed off by two players and he's worked his way out with intelligent play. Usually helped out by Eriksen.
Oh don’t get me wrong. I think he’s going to be great for us.

Back
Top Bottom