Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, I am new here, but I'll take myself a liberty to say that you are not anti-Trippier enthusiast but a bullshit artist. Your rant is based on nothing and is factually wrong -
1) Why are you talking about his "last year assists" when this year he assisted goal against Everton, then against APOEL, two against Huddersfield, one against LIVERPOOL (in 4-1 win) and one against Real (in 3-1 win).
2) As pointed out in caps lock and also in my initial post - he played in two of the best games of our season. If anyone would even try to suggest that he is absolutely unable to defend, then I would like to get in depth overview how we kept attacking stars of Madrid or Liverpool on 1 goal? Please - do explain how it works?
3) About giving away fouls - in this season Tripps averages 0.6 fouls per game. Compared to 1.7 of Aurier. No comments. I understand that you were talking about specific kind of fouls, but - you cannot say with straight face, that (EVEN IF ALL of his faults would be the ones you described, while they are not) 0.6 per game is "consistently" or even worth mentioning.
4) About inability to tackle - when we look at their comparsion per 90 minutes basis in EPL current season - Trippier tackles won is superior to Aurier (1.83 vs 1.49) while Aurier has lost clearly more tackles then Tripps (4.21 vs 2.32). Read this point through once more. Aurier loses on average 1 tackle for every 21 minutes and you are saying that Trippier is bad at this (remember! we are talking about relative terms as compared to Aurier).
5) About slowing down and not creating - per 90 minutes Trippier completes 28.5 forward passes compared to Auriers 23.7. Among that there are on average 1.74 key passes and 2.08 chances created (!) compared to Aurier's 0.62 on both aspects.
6) While I don't have comparsion on the "backpost headers" - generally the areal duels won % is pretty much equal. 54.55% for Trippier and 53.49% for Aurier.

I do agree that Aurier is faster then Trippier. And might happen that Aurier will take step forward in future - he might have the tools. Also I dont argue that Trippier positioning can be improved- it can. At the same time he is not at least giving away ball in very dangerous position.
So the conclusion of my points is that no - Trippier is not shit. But your opinion is full of it and not based on reality. Thanks and have a good day.
I’ve praised him for his three good performances for us, Madrid was one of those games, though I’d argue that it was how we deployed him was more to do with it, we exploited the space behind Marcelo as he was playing so high. To be specific Trips was played through, his ability dint get him in behind Madrid but the ball for him to get on the end of, as I’ve said he can’t take on a player, he has NEVER taken on a player he doesn’t have the quality to do so, which given his position is more than a worry. The other couple of games he played well in it was the same thing, we played him in behind.
As for his defending against Madrid, he didn’t have to do much, as we pushed him up high to best get him behind Marcelo. Seeing as you say he was so good at defending in this game how about giving some examples of it, I can’t recall any, would like you to list some specifics of these amazing defending skills he did in this game.
I mentioned his stats for last year because this is what Trippier lovers always quote but don’t know the context they came about. I mentioned his PL assist sats this year, why the sarcasm? Again, two of these were throw-ins.
I’m not comparing Trips tackling against Aurier’s. It’s the biggest thing that Aurier has to adjust to his game, needs to stay on his feet and not sell himself so freely. Because Aurier is struggling in this department doesn’t mean Trips is good, he’s simply not.
Is Aurier fast? I don’t think he is, I thought he was when we signed him, but that was bassed largely off Youtube clips but having seen him I’m not convinced he’s all that pacey, certainly not in the realms of Rose and Walker but for sure he’s quicker than Trips, but a snail would give Tripps a good race.

I’d also argue the reason for your backwards passing stats are twofold, Aurier plays higher up the pitch than Trips (given his ability to beat a man), a forward pass would mean a goal kick as he’s one of the furthest forward. Trips however is banging in aimless early, long balls into the box (hardly ever finding a Spurs player).

Now my turn for sarcastic dig, get your head out of Stato Christmas annual and look at how we play, use your eyes and back that up with stats. Stats are just numbers and without context a number it shall remain. My eyes tell me that Aurier is a far, far superior player and that we look a far better outfit when he plays and Trips doesn’t.

Aurier has lots to work on with his game but all the ingredients are there, Trips lacks many of the raw ingredients.

I’ve praised him for his three good performances for us, Madrid was one of those games, though I’d argue that it was how we deployed him was more to do with it, we exploited the space behind Marcelo as he was playing so high. To be specific Trips was played through, his ability dint get him in behind Madrid but the ball for him to get on the end of, as I’ve said he can’t take on a player, he has NEVER taken on a player he doesn’t have the quality to do so, which given his position is more than a worry. The other couple of games he played well in it was the same thing, we played him in behind.
As for his defending against Madrid, he didn’t have to do much, as we pushed him up high to best get him behind Marcelo. Seeing as you say he was so good at defending in this game how about giving some examples of it, I can’t recall any, would like you to list some specifics of these amazing defending skills he did in this game.
I mentioned his stats for last year because this is what Trippier lovers always quote but don’t know the context they came about. I mentioned his PL assist sats this year, why the sarcasm? Again, two of these were throw-ins.
I’m not comparing Trips tackling against Aurier’s. It’s the biggest thing that Aurier has to adjust to his game, needs to stay on his feet and not sell himself so freely. Because Aurier is struggling in this department doesn’t mean Trips is good, he’s simply not.
Is Aurier fast? I don’t think he is, I thought he was when we signed him, but that was bassed largely off Youtube clips but having seen him I’m not convinced he’s all that pacey, certainly not in the realms of Rose and Walker but for sure he’s quicker than Trips, but a snail would give Tripps a good race.

I’d also argue the reason for your backwards passing stats are twofold, Aurier plays higher up the pitch than Trips (given his ability to beat a man), a forward pass would mean a goal kick as he’s one of the furthest forward. Trips however is banging in aimless early, long balls into the box (hardly ever finding a Spurs player).

Now my turn for sarcastic dig, get your head out of Stato Christmas annual and look at how we play, use your eyes and back that up with stats. Stats are just numbers and without context a number it shall remain. My eyes tell me that Aurier is a far, far superior player and that we look a far better outfit when he plays and Trips doesn’t.

Aurier has lots to work on with his game but all the ingredients are there, Trips lacks many of the raw ingredients.

Aurier is a better player than Trippier and will prove it given the chance.

Getting better and better with every passing game as we expected. He was brilliant against West Ham and he was even better against Everton. So brave and confident going forward. He's even higher up field then Walker ever was with us.

He needs to work on his crosses , especially as he gets himself in some great positions on the pitch
You can tell he is a quality player though and will only get better

He needs to improve certain elements of his game, but you can already tell he's a steal for £23m in the current market. He has been at Spurs for less than 5 months and will only get better and better.

He gets into the box, that’s what a wingback should do, not just aimless curls against PL 6’3’’ CBs. He’s not perfect but he’s already easily one of the better RB’s in the league. Next season he’ll be a banger.

Sorry, I am new here, but I'll take myself a liberty to say that you are not anti-Trippier enthusiast but a bullshit artist. Your rant is based on nothing and is factually wrong -
1) Why are you talking about his "last year assists" when this year he assisted goal against Everton, then against APOEL, two against Huddersfield, one against LIVERPOOL (in 4-1 win) and one against Real (in 3-1 win).
2) As pointed out in caps lock and also in my initial post - he played in two of the best games of our season. If anyone would even try to suggest that he is absolutely unable to defend, then I would like to get in depth overview how we kept attacking stars of Madrid or Liverpool on 1 goal? Please - do explain how it works?
3) About giving away fouls - in this season Tripps averages 0.6 fouls per game. Compared to 1.7 of Aurier. No comments. I understand that you were talking about specific kind of fouls, but - you cannot say with straight face, that (EVEN IF ALL of his faults would be the ones you described, while they are not) 0.6 per game is "consistently" or even worth mentioning.
4) About inability to tackle - when we look at their comparsion per 90 minutes basis in EPL current season - Trippier tackles won is superior to Aurier (1.83 vs 1.49) while Aurier has lost clearly more tackles then Tripps (4.21 vs 2.32). Read this point through once more. Aurier loses on average 1 tackle for every 21 minutes and you are saying that Trippier is bad at this (remember! we are talking about relative terms as compared to Aurier).
5) About slowing down and not creating - per 90 minutes Trippier completes 28.5 forward passes compared to Auriers 23.7. Among that there are on average 1.74 key passes and 2.08 chances created (!) compared to Aurier's 0.62 on both aspects.
6) While I don't have comparsion on the "backpost headers" - generally the areal duels won % is pretty much equal. 54.55% for Trippier and 53.49% for Aurier.

I do agree that Aurier is faster then Trippier. And might happen that Aurier will take step forward in future - he might have the tools. Also I dont argue that Trippier positioning can be improved- it can. At the same time he is not at least giving away ball in very dangerous position.
So the conclusion of my points is that no - Trippier is not shit. But your opinion is full of it and not based on reality. Thanks and have a good day.
Caps Lock.

Fucking LOL.

Seriously, chill out if you’re genuine. You’re melting on the first opinion you disagree with, getting arsey and then boring to death with stats. Tripps has been a bit shit too often this season. By the standards he set last year, he’s regressed. APOEL (yes well done Caps Lock) was a match that I would have looked good in.

I've been very pro the guy since he joined. Getting better all the time.

Wish he'd hug the line more. Wembley's a big pitch and you can get a lot more space if you stay as wide as possible. I think his crossing is pretty good, and off either foot. Trippier's crossing is so insanely good it can make others' look poor by comparison. He's very quick without having Walker's pace. But then no one does. Fewer brainfart moments than KW.

5 months in a Poch team where you have to learn a completely new system, I think he's done very well so far. Poch tends to make his full backs the best in the division after a season or so Clyne/Shaw; Rose/Walker. Maybe Sessegnon/Aurier/KWP in future.

Got to get rid of that goatee though.

He needs to work on his crosses , especially as he gets himself in some great positions on the pitch
You can tell he is a quality player though and will only get better
If Poch can harness his ability properly the guy could be ridiculously talented. Some of the things he attempts, his reading of certain situations 1vs1 etc. you can see he is wired a bit differently... A bit like Atouba was! If we can turn that to the good he'll have the media lauding him by the end of next season. Either that or he'll be a massive liability
:dembelelol:

On Instagram just then with Lucas calling for Neymar & Marquinos to sign for us lol

Anyone got that pic of Aurier sneaking into Lucas' medical?
Not that it's good that serge is injured but it's probably the best timing that you could hope for given the lucas signing. Will have made his first day a lot easier having a mate around for his medical and to hang out at the game with. Trippier stepped in phenomenally well too. Hopefully serge is right for liverpool

Back
Top Bottom