Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trippier seems to be playing with a lot more physical intensity now that Aurier has arrived, but I wish that he would try taking on his man a lot more often, and spend more time trying to run in behind down the wing. Aurier seems a lot more physical than Trippier, and is rumored to be a better crosser, but so far has not really shown it. I'd rather start Aurier ahead of Tripper for now though as he seems to be a better pure defender.

Surprised this hasn't been bumped.

The stick this guy got during the Sky broadcast and in the media during and following the West Ham game was absolutely ridiculous.

Its clear that ridicule is on a personal level due to his history. I think someone even called him a liability!? Said the tackle on Arnautovic in the box was silly and should have been a penalty as he was holding his shirt and calling him out of position numerous times.

I thought beyond the red card and some questionable positioning, he looked great. Not afraid to put a foot in, very good with either feet, calm in possession especially when deep in his own area and being pressured in the corner. He's intelligent with the ball, just seems less intelligent without it.

Poch is going to make him special.

annoying to get a red, completely avoidable imo. good that it was 2 yellows so only one game suspended away at H'field, the sort of match that Trippier would thrive in.

Aurier is an upgrade on Walker, no question. Hopefully he'll get a complete bollocking for almost throwing a gift-wrapped 3 pts and won't do it again. I wasn't watching, was he being wound up by the oppo? Didn't seem that from the reports.

That's our first PL red for almost 3 seasons. Chiriches the last (?). Pretty remarkable seeing as we are quite a dirty team. We must be just smarter at it than others (until Surge).

I think his crossing has been pretty good, not as good as Trippier's which can be superb, but a lot better than Walker.

I suppose that's Aurier nailed on for RB in Cyprus then.

Let them all talk shit......read yesterday on BBC that "Spurs will struggle for top 4"........

So apparantly Liverpool and Woolwich are much better than us. Sorry, is it 2004?

His first card was never even a foul, let alone a yellow, he will learn from this, but somehow I think he will always be the black sheep to the media because of his past, but I have a feeling Poch is going to turn him into an absolute beast!

His first card was never even a foul, let alone a yellow, he will learn from this, but somehow I think he will always be the black sheep to the media because of his past, but I have a feeling Poch is going to turn him into an absolute beast!

He's quality.....you have players like Terry being treated like heroes in the papers, says it all

Silly yellow cards from the lad. He'd been warned that his next tackle was going to get him his first yellow.
But I thought he was pretty bloody good apart from perhaps being too eager to impress.
Stylish footballer, that's already clear. Just needs to settle & reel his enthusiasm in a little but I really like what I've seen from him in his brief time here.

:pochshock2::pochfacepalm::pochbye:

Has he done an online 'sorry' yet?? It don't count unless he's Twattered an apology!!

BTW... while he's off next weekend, maybe a trip to the barbers wouldn't go amiss, to get that bit of blonde filled in on his head... and a quick beard trim while he's at it!!
DJdJIC6W0AEbhTA.jpg

Oh Serge!!! :llorisunsure:

Too right the first card was an abomination of a call, where he saw a foul to card is beyond me. Carroll was bullying and bumping our defenders (no doubt under instruction) and Serge weren't having it. 10 men made for a nervy bottom clenching finish but the aggression bodes well for the future. No more mr nice guy

His qualities are clear but he is still a bit of a "work in progress" for me, which I'm sure Poch will address. Likes a sliding tackle a little bit too much and his positioning sense needs a bit of work. Think they'll be a few rough moments with both him and Sanchez which we'll just have to accept as they adapt / improve.
But the damning indictment from Sky's 'experts' after the game was absurd.

annoying to get a red, completely avoidable imo. good that it was 2 yellows so only one game suspended away at H'field, the sort of match that Trippier would thrive in.

Aurier is an upgrade on Walker, no question. Hopefully he'll get a complete bollocking for almost throwing a gift-wrapped 3 pts and won't do it again. I wasn't watching, was he being wound up by the oppo? Didn't seem that from the reports.

That's our first PL red for almost 3 seasons. Chiriches the last (?). Pretty remarkable seeing as we are quite a dirty team. We must be just smarter at it than others (until Surge).

I think his crossing has been pretty good, not as good as Trippier's which can be superb, but a lot better than Walker.

No way as yet to know if Aurier is an upgrade on Walker but if he does go on to be then we have some player.

Must and surely will learn to just cajole his player but good aggression, good pace and a real desire to get forward. Can see him scoring 3 or 4 goals a season.

Very important to have strong competition and with Walker-Peters also on the scene, an area of depth for us.

Deserved the red yesterday.

I dont think that'll be his last red card in a Spurs shirt...

That said, I also think he has many more goal-saving/match-changing tackles in him!!!

I think, like with many talented players (Dele & Lamela being other such examples) you have to take the good with the occasionally questionable!!

I'd rather HAVE Serge in the team, than not have him, THAT'S for sure!

Surprised this hasn't been bumped.

The stick this guy got during the Sky broadcast and in the media during and following the West Ham game was absolutely ridiculous.

Its clear that ridicule is on a personal level due to his history. I think someone even called him a liability!? Said the tackle on Arnautovic in the box was silly and should have been a penalty as he was holding his shirt and calling him out of position numerous times.

I thought beyond the red card and some questionable positioning, he looked great. Not afraid to put a foot in, very good with either feet, calm in possession especially when deep in his own area and being pressured in the corner. He's intelligent with the ball, just seems less intelligent without it.

Poch is going to make him special.
Reminds me of earlier years Danny Rose... Lotsa of raw talent (strength, pace) but a little rash... Poch will turn him gold like what he did to Rose...

Seriously? I think we are/have been one of the "cleanest" teams in the prem as our disciplinary record reflects

The first yellow was harsh but my 15 year old son called it when he said considering the way he throws himself about and dives in I would sub him now because he is one foul away from a red card and I am surprised Potch didn't take him.
I think Aurier is going to be a big asset and we are going to love him because he will improve markedly over the coming months

Back
Top Bottom