Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DKb9fPtWAAAc9_c.jpg

Seriously? I think we are/have been one of the "cleanest" teams in the prem as our disciplinary record reflects

Watch what happens when we lose possession in the oppo half. We immediately surround them, pressurise them, and quite often foul in an attempt to get the ball back. But because it's miles away from the danger zone, it's not seen as a serious foul and we very rarely pick up a card.

2 whole seasons in the PL without a red, I'm not complaining!

Watch what happens when we lose possession in the oppo half. We immediately surround them, pressurise them, and quite often foul in an attempt to get the ball back. But because it's miles away from the danger zone, it's not seen as a serious foul and we very rarely pick up a card.

I’m not certain that qualifies as dirty, per se. Aggressive, certainly. Dirty, I would disagree. The fouls we commit are not intended to injure, and we seem to accept most of them in general. Tactically, this seems sound reasoning, as we either gain possession in a good position or surrender a free kick in an area which is usually not dangerous.

All I can say about this guy is, if you look at early Danny Rose and early Kyle Walker and then look at this guy. I am reasonably confident this guy will be equally as good, if not better.

Surprised this hasn't been bumped.

The stick this guy got during the Sky broadcast and in the media during and following the West Ham game was absolutely ridiculous.

Its clear that ridicule is on a personal level due to his history. I think someone even called him a liability!? Said the tackle on Arnautovic in the box was silly and should have been a penalty as he was holding his shirt and calling him out of position numerous times.

I thought beyond the red card and some questionable positioning, he looked great. Not afraid to put a foot in, very good with either feet, calm in possession especially when deep in his own area and being pressured in the corner. He's intelligent with the ball, just seems less intelligent without it.

Poch is going to make him special.

I was gonna post, but thought it would get shot down, so couldn't be fucked. Lot of people slagging him off in the match thread.

I saw someone says "Aurier will always be a candidate for the most red cards this season". Even someone above, "That won't be his last Spurs red card", fuck off, really?

Aurier has had 1 red card in the past 4 years prior to yesterday. To think this makes him "A candidate for the most red cards" is an absolute joke.

I'm not even mad about the card. The 1st yellow probably wasn't a yellow and the 2nd yellow was him trying hard to impress and win back the ball. He obviously wants to put on a good show, to the people in France, to the media, to past and present fans and to Poch. It wasn't a dirty yellow, was simply trying too hard, which is probably one of the most acceptable/positive reasons to get a red card.

On top of that he was playing at a very high tempo all game. It's hard to suddenly stop and change your style of play once you get a yellow, it takes a while to realise you can't make the tackles you were a few minutes ago. Isn't surprising that he got both yellows within 5 mins considering this.

For his first few games, in his first year with 0 pre season, he's done incredibly well. His form so far is literally "worst case scenario", as he will only improve, and he's already playing well.

Serge is self motivated , will give it all because he enjoys tackling, wants to win, plays without fear and good for us as he's a team player. My only criticism of him is - he can find himself wrong side of the player but will still want to make the tackle. He pace and willingness will always prevail over getting goal side. Oh he can cross a decent ball as well - what a player .

Surprised this hasn't been bumped.

The stick this guy got during the Sky broadcast and in the media during and following the West Ham game was absolutely ridiculous.

Its clear that ridicule is on a personal level due to his history. I think someone even called him a liability!? Said the tackle on Arnautovic in the box was silly and should have been a penalty as he was holding his shirt and calling him out of position numerous times.

I thought beyond the red card and some questionable positioning, he looked great. Not afraid to put a foot in, very good with either feet, calm in possession especially when deep in his own area and being pressured in the corner. He's intelligent with the ball, just seems less intelligent without it.

Poch is going to make him special.

Jamie Redknapp called him a liability at half time, the fucking smug look on his face at full time almost made me put my shoe through it.

That tackle in the box on Arnautovic was top class. Shirt pull or not.

As others have said his positioning needs work, but he's young and essentially used to playing for a team that had a +83 goal difference last season, i.e. not much actual defending required.

I think he has the potential to be better than Walker AND Rose.

The disciplinary thing doesn't worry me. We have had distinct lack of player who will do anything to win in the past. That Costa / Suarez / Alves / Pepe attitude. Essentially a player with that cunt factor that everyone else hates but that their own fans adore. We can rise above it and say "the game shouldn't be played that way" but when they are lifting a cup we will be singing their name.

Still can't believe nobody got sent off in that Chelsea game

He had a mixed game with some good tackles, poor positioning and reckless tackles. However only his first premiership game. Plenty of time to rectify errors. Important not to get a reputation or he will get Refs booking him early in a game and he will be on a tightrope.

I'm not liking this "beast" narrative I'm seeing on this site

Is he black? Is he muscly? Then he must be a beast. I don't like it either.

Didn't realise the PC brigade were out in full force today?
So because he is a black coloured person I cannot refer to him as a beast?
By the way I meant this as a compliment, nothing racist or sinister was meant by it, its the fact that he is a unit, he is fast, he isn't afraid to go in for a tackle,has fuck all to do with the colour of his skin, so I find it quite shocking for you to assume as such, i have also in the past referred to Dier as a beast as well and Jan and Toby, I guess that is allowed though because they are all white?
:dembelefingers:

Didn't realise the PC brigade were out in full force today?
So because he is a black coloured person I cannot refer to him as a beast?
By the way I meant this as a compliment, nothing racist or sinister was meant by it, its the fact that he is a unit, he is fast, he isn't afraid to go in for a tackle,has fuck all to do with the colour of his skin, so I find it quite shocking for you to assume as such, i have also in the past referred to Dier as a beast as well and Jan and Toby, I guess that is allowed though because they are all white?
:dembelefingers:

Allow them to bask in the virtue that was signalled.

Back
Top Bottom