Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I had a pound for every time someone said needs to work on positioning about a defender. Does he really? or is it just some cliche people say?

eg...oh sanchez? Yeah hes a good prospect, but raw and needs to work on positioning.

Well it is really something football coaches have to work on for their badges.

Some players find it fucking boring. Others naturally get it. Others can't concentrate very well and know they have to improve on it.

So yeah some defenders really do need to work on their positioning.
And I would guess that Poch being a world class defender in his day knows how to coach it.

Well it is really something football coaches have to work on for their badges.

Some players find it fucking boring. Others naturally get it. Others can't concentrate very well and know they have to improve on it.

So yeah some defenders really do need to work on their positioning.
And I would guess that Poch being a world class defender in his day knows how to coach it.

The point is the man played a blinder. So harping on about positioning means you aint got a facking clue!

Barney Ronay suggesting Trippier is as good as Aurier today and that Trippier is our #1 RB. Also suggesting Trippier is better defensively, which is nonsense.

I normally like his takes but he's completely wrong in his assessment of Aurier.

That was great, although i did shit myself when he done it.

Between him and Hugo's distribution...

tumblr_oou906A1TM1uzae1ko1_500.gif

Barney Ronay suggesting Trippier is as good as Aurier today and that Trippier is our #1 RB. Also suggesting Trippier is better defensively, which is nonsense.

I normally like his takes but he's completely wrong in his assessment of Aurier.
I'd say they are as even as Rose/Davies are. Expect a lot of rotation this year with KWP thrown in the mix for early rounds of the domestic cups. 1A/1B at both LB and RB.

I'd say they are as even as Rose/Davies are. Expect a lot of rotation this year with KWP thrown in the mix for early rounds of the domestic cups. 1A/1B at both LB and RB.
Aurier is far superior to Trippier. I love Trippier and have defended him fiercely before the season to the melters but Aurier is top 5 in Europe.

Last edited:
Aurier is far superior to Trippier. I love Trippier and have defending him fiercely before the season to the melters but Aurier is top 5 in Europe.

Top 5 in Europe?!?!? I don't think so. I mean I love the lad and he is great. But we tend to overrate and hype up our players too much. He has only played handful of games for us lets see if he can be consistent throughout the season.

Top 5 in Europe?!?!? I don't think so. I mean I love the lad and he is great. But we tend to overrate and hype up our players too much. He has only played handful of games for us lets see if he can be consistent throughout the season.

He's not based him on being Top 5 in Europe on the one game against Dortmund.

Aurier, on form, is genuienly top 5 in Europe.

He's up there with Juanfran, Carvajal, Semedo, Alves for sure.

I'm rating Aurier based on the last 2 seasons at PSG. That's where he established such acclaim.

Are you a Spurs fan? ''a handful of games''? He made his debut this week.

Come on now. Most folk will have seen him for PSG. There's no doubting the lads ability. He's fucking mustard. If you can't get excited about him as a footballer then check if you have a pulse. My only concern is that he's "highly strung". But I firmly believe Poch wouldn't have risked it if Aurier wasn't committed to improving his off the pitch reputation. I'm genuinely thrilled he's here & believe that we have quite possibly upgraded at RB whilst pocketing £27 million.

:levyeyes:

:dude:

Last edited:
When he had the football intelligence to suck under that ball so Pulisic couldn't get to it and hit it past his man to run up field I thought "Walker would have been too stupid to do that and would have just headed it out for a corner."

Back
Top Bottom