Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone got the fuck-up stats for Trippier last season vs Serge this season?

Paging Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 :allitongue:

Errors leading to a goal in the league.

Trippier (2018/19) - 2
Aurier (2019/20) - 0

From the official Premier League website.

Though I'd maybe put 1 in the Aurier list for the goal Willian scored against us as Aurier was slow getting out to him and then let him cut inside. However, I'd have to check all of the goals we conceded last season as well because I feel Trippier had a hand in many we conceded regarding his positioning etc that don't count as direct errors.

Well, fine, but you’re wrong.

I’d take that Ajax right back over serge any day, or Dortmund’s

Piszczek is a 2-time league winner at a perennial challenger in the German league.... i.e. "Cheating".

Mazraoui: The step up from Dutch league is a bit iffy. Bit like buying a FB from France (ring any bells?).... Sounds a bit risky to me.
;)

so I can’t remember his name? Who cares?

I assume you mean Mazraoui, who isn't anywhere near an upgrade on Aurier.

Of course you could mean their 19 year old American right back Dest? Who is probably not even on Aarons' level.

Piszczek is a 2-time league winner at a perennial challenger in the German league.... i.e. "Cheating".

Mazraoui: The step up from Dutch league is a bit iffy. Bit like buying a FB from France (ring any bells?).... Sounds a bit risky to me.
;)

Piszczek should be the kind of player we’re after, could get too pricey though so maybe I’ll concede that.

well if we can’t shop at the top table, we’ll have to take risks, we don’t have to stick with the outcome if iffy though! 😂

anyway everyone seems so thoroughly convinced of aurier’s sudden improvement that I'll have to have a look again with fresh eyes.

Aarons and Aurier is fine, with Tanganga as another strong option. I will be satisfied if those are our RB options next summer.

Pretty much this.

We aren't upgrading on Aurier directly. Not without spending close to £40,000,000+ and considering there are about 4 different positions that need upgrading over his, signing Aarons to compete with him would be the smartest choice.

Aarons and Aurier is fine, with Tanganga as another strong option. I will be satisfied if those are our RB options next summer.

RB - Aurier, Aarons, Tanganga, Foyth

LB - Davies, Sessegnon, Tanganga, Cirkin

If Foyth & Cirkin stay, I'd take that depth all day long. The most exiciting thing about it is we are only 1 signing away from actually having that at our disposal and he looks like he's playing for a team bound for relegation as things stand.

Pretty much this.

We aren't upgrading on Aurier directly. Not without spending close to £40,000,000+ and considering there are about 4 different positions that need upgrading over his, signing Aarons to compete with him would be the smartest choice.

Aarons has age on his side, can mature at the club and if he doesn't cut it as a first team starter week in, week out we will get near on our money back on him.

Low risk, high reward type of signing I love to see us test the waters with.

Back
Top Bottom