Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve seen a lot of people’s opinions have turned completely, whilst he has no doubt improved under Mourinho he is absolutely nowhere near good enough to be our first choice right back. I’d be happy to have him in rotation with Aarons.

Stats say nothing about wasting the ball in good opportunities, switching off, slack marking and stupid challenges though, do they?

They don't.

But watching other games besides Spurs tells me that every other top fullback wastes the ball in good positions, switch off, provide slack marking and make stupid challenges.

I also witnessed it under our last two right backs.

You’ve stuck to your guns !

I was a big disco Benny fan

Ekotto was excellent for 8 months during the 11-12 season.

Genuinely, he was probably the best left back in the league that season.

But the overall judgement is that he was relatively error prone and poor defensively. I do think there's a sense of that with Aurier in that people blow any small error he makes WAAAAAY out of proportion.

You've been fanboying about Serge when he was complete dogshit tbf.

He has no competition whatsoever and is not good enough, do you think any of the Big 6 clubs or whatever would swap a full back for him? I don't.

If we had any other really viable option I doubt he'd be playing much.

Ekotto the best left back in the league too? You must be on great pharmaceuticals.

You’ve stuck to your guns !

I was a big disco Benny fan

Love me some disco!

980_image_26992599_1842969705722385_2315032594385780065_n.jpg

Ekotto was excellent for 8 months during the 11-12 season.

Genuinely, he was probably the best left back in the league that season.

But the overall judgement is that he was relatively error prone and poor defensively. I do think there's a sense of that with Aurier in that people blow any small error he makes WAAAAAY out of proportion.
He was a great playmaker from his position also

the amount of time we successfully played forward from the back through him was far greater than any across the back line

I watched him play in a friendly in Alicante

him and berbatov were as technicians so far ahead of any others on the pitch

You've been fanboying about Serge when he was complete dogshit tbf.

He has no competition whatsoever and is not good enough, do you think any of the Big 6 clubs or whatever would swap a full back for him? I don't.

If we had any other really viable option I doubt he'd be playing much.

Ekotto the best left back in the league too? You must be on great pharmaceuticals.

Fanboying? Or supporting a Spurs player?

I'll give Aurier credit when he's played well and I'll criticise him if he has a poor 90 minutes. I'm not going to get on his back if he concedes a penalty during a relatively solid 90 minutes. The greatest defenders of all time have conceded penalties.

Depends on who you ask. City, Woolwich and Liverpool fans probably wouldn't swap their strikers for Harry Kane either. Does that mean Harry Kane is shit?

We had a World Cup semi final starter in Trippier and we fucked him off. No competition my arse.

He was a great playmaker from his position also

the amount of time we successfully played forward from the back through him was far greater than any across the back line

I watched him play in a friendly in Alicante

him and berbatov were as technicians so far ahead of any others on the pitch

Him and Bale were excellent together that year. So many times Ekotto would find him with a crazy pass that almost defied logic and Bale would be through.

I remember watching him the summer we signed him in a pre season friendly and thinking how fucking good be was. Shame he was hindered by injuries and a lack of love for the game and no proper coach to really help him perhaps reach another level.

Ekotto, Modric, Bale, vDv, King. No wonder we were so good to watch during that era. So silky.

Fanboying? Or supporting a Spurs player?

I'll give Aurier credit when he's played well and I'll criticise him if he has a poor 90 minutes. I'm not going to get on his back if he concedes a penalty during a relatively solid 90 minutes. The greatest defenders of all time have conceded penalties.

Depends on who you ask. City, Woolwich and Liverpool fans probably wouldn't swap their strikers for Harry Kane either. Does that mean Harry Kane is shit?

We had a World Cup semi final starter in Trippier and we fucked him off. No competition my arse.

Aurier - Ivory Coast international right back
Trippier - England International right back
Foyth - Argentina International right nack

No competition at right back at Spurs over the last season or two :llorisunsure:

Fucked him off or sold him for a profit?

You honestly think if Mourinho had Trippier still as an option that Serge would play as much as he has?

Who's his competition now? A centre half playing right back we were trying to get off the books?

Of course he would.

Trippier was awful and it's pretty obvious from this season alone that Aurier is better than him at basically everything.

Fucked him off or sold him for a profit?

You honestly think if Mourinho had Trippier still as an option that Serge would play as much as he has?

Who's his competition now? A centre half playing right back we were trying to get off the books?

Bore off!

"The former Chelsea boss is said to have told Aurier he can become one of the best defenders in the Premier League if he puts his mind into it."

As for Trippier:

Poch wanted rid... Seemingly froze him out (see Trippiers comments).... Many here said we sold him too cheaply.... None of these are signs of us "cashing in".

Last edited:
I doubt he will win you over...... Talk of foul throws just proves how blinkered you're being.

I'm guessing before seeing those stats you'd have been rather partial to some of the 'competition'; now the standard in the league is poor.

you’re guessing wrong I’m afraid. Of course everyone would want Trent Alexander-Arnold but the rest I could happily leave.

you’re guessing wrong I’m afraid. Of course everyone would want Trent Alexander-Arnold but the rest I could happily leave.

I don't believe you, but still....

Who do you want then?

(No cheating and naming world class players that have no need to move away from a league winning side.)

Back
Top Bottom