Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet Walker was dropped and sold by Poch, and he hasnt tried to replace Trippier in 4 windows
and dropped and sold rightly so, no place for ANY player that doesn't want to play for Tottenham.

We bought Aurier whilst we had KWP, what was all that about? Whether anyone views him better or worse than Tripps that can be debated into infinity but he DID buy a 3rd RB into the club.

Last edited:
Defences win titles. Trippier in anyone defence probably wouldn't.

We could probably just both agree that he's regressed over the year.

He has, after two massive injuries, and was poor against Leicester, positionally the worst Ive seen him.
But my point still stands, Bale in this team and we win the league.
Walker in this team, and no Trippier, we are still 3rd.
So

and dropped and sold rightly so, no place for ANY player that doesn't want to play for Tottenham.

We bought Aurier whilst we had KWP, what was all that about? Whether anyone views him better or worse tat Tripps can be debated into infinity but he DID buy a 3rd RB into the club.

Do you think selling Walker and starting the season with KWP and an injured Trippier would have been ok?

That was two years ago, and KWP still isnt even garuatneed a place on the bench

Last edited:
He has, after two massive injuries, and was poor against Leicester, positionally the worst Ive seen him.
But my point still stands, Bale in this team and we win the league.
Walker in this team, and no Trippier, we are still 3rd.
So

Not sure if we'd have been anywhere different with an injury prone Bale, in a system that doesn't suit him. He'd be a bit like gravy really. A lovely addition, but inessential.

I also think we could have started and played this season with Foyth and Sanchez as our centre back pairing and we'd be no worse off - but that doesn't mean I'd want Vertonghen and Alderweireld gone.

Defences win titles. Trippier in anyone defence probably wouldn't..

I think if ManC can win a title with a knackered Zabaletta, or Leicester can with Simpson and Chelsea can with Moses, I’m pretty sure Trippier would not be any more a liability.

I disagree with when you think we looked our best.

I think we looked best during the beginning of 2017 when we had everyone fit, played 3 at the back and had Walker and Rose as our wing backs. When we smashed Chelsea 2-0 at home and followed that up with a 4-0 win over West Brom which is still the best performance I have seen from a Spurs team in my lifetime.

We will always agree to disagree with our opinions on who's a better player, better suited to our team and who we'd prefer.

I think it’s no coincidence that 16/17 was our best season, with Walker or Trippier, because that was the season we fucked Dier out of the midfield and had Wanyama instead. A far bigger factor than the Trippier/Walker.

Not sure if we'd have been anywhere different with an injury prone Bale, in a system that doesn't suit him. He'd be a bit like gravy really. A lovely addition, but inessential.

I also think we could have started and played this season with Foyth and Sanchez as our centre back pairing and we'd be no worse off - but that doesn't mean I'd want Vertonghen and Alderweireld gone.

But you said titles were won in defence, so I don’t see how swapping out a “mid table” RB for a PL winner wouldn’t take us up a level, in your view?

As for Bale not fitting the system, the system would be built around him and Kane.
That’s 60 goals a season between them.

What’s injuries got to do with it? No injuries and this team may well be top.....with Trippier at RB.

Our issues are more mental than anything else. And Walker is hardly a pillar of intelligence and leadership.

But you said titles were won in defence, so I don’t see how swapping out a “mid table” RB for a PL winner wouldn’t take us up a level, in your view?

As for Bale not fitting the system, the system would be built around him and Kane.
That’s 60 goals a season between them.

What’s injuries got to do with it? No injuries and this team may well be top.....with Trippier at RB.

Our issues are more mental than anything else. And Walker is hardly a pillar of intelligence and leadership.

I'm not really sure Bale in 2019 is any better than Son in 2019 - so I'd much rather have the system built round what we have and that is exactly what we're doing. I'm pretty sure Son and Kane could be a 60 goal a season pairing. 59 goals between them last season for a start. Only thing preventing 60 goals this season is Kane being out injured.

Where did I mention injuries?

I'm not really sure Bale in 2019 is any better than Son in 2019 - so I'd much rather have the system built round what we have and that is exactly what we're doing. I'm pretty sure Son and Kane could be a 60 goal a season pairing. 59 goals between them last season for a start. Only thing preventing 60 goals this season is Kane being out injured.

I'm a massive Son fan but Bale I almost felt privileged to watch bale up close for a couple of seasons

He was unarguably world class and joy to witness

But yeah where Bale2019 stands I can't say but it's not the level peak Tottenham Hotspur

I'm a massive Son fan but Bale I almost felt privileged to watch bale up close for a couple of seasons

He was unarguably world class and joy to witness

But yeah where Bale2019 stands I can't say but it's not the level peak Tottenham Hotspur

Bale, the Tottenham player, was something special - I don't think he's ever hit those heights since he's been at Madrid though bar a few moments of magic (Copa del Rey goal, Champions League overhead kick etc) - he's not even matched his final Spurs season goal tally since he's been at Madrid.

Son however is going from strength to strength every single season. Is 3 years younger, has scored more goals over the last 2 seasons and right now I wouldn't replace him with anyone in world football, let alone a guy who's missed 80 odd games through injury over the last 5 seasons and has the close control of a bull in a china shop.

Anyway, this is the Aurier thread!

Bale, the Tottenham player, was something special - I don't think he's ever hit those heights since he's been at Madrid though bar a few moments of magic (Copa del Rey goal, Champions League overhead kick etc) - he's not even matched his final Spurs season goal tally since he's been at Madrid.

Son however is going from strength to strength every single season. Is 3 years younger, has scored more goals over the last 2 seasons and right now I wouldn't replace him with anyone in world football, let alone a guy who's missed 80 odd games through injury over the last 5 seasons and has the close control of a bull in a china shop.

Anyway, this is the Aurier thread!
Yeah but one thing we know for sure ... we won't be debating who was the greatest Aurier or ........

Well you called Bale injury prone....Kane is also injury prone so why should he stay fit all season either?
Son, Kane and Bale is 80 plus goals, and in my opinion title winners.
I never said Bale would replace Son, I said Id have him instead of Eriksen. Dele can easily do what Eriksen does, and better.

My point is, and if you are honest, you'll agree, that if you pick ONE player to swap out of this team, and add ONE that will take us from 3rd to 1st, then it wouldnt be Trippier for Walker.
So all this weak link stuff is just way off the mark in my opinion, because we had Walker, and didnt win the title.

We were par, apart from one second place finish, in which Trippier finished off the season as first choice. The season before that, we threw away 2nd and lost 5-1 to Newcastle and came 3rd. All with Walker at RB.

Last edited:
Well you called Bale injury prone....Kane is also injury prone so why should he stay fit all season either?
Son, Kane and Bale is 80 plus goals, and in my opinion title winners.
I never said Bale would replace Son, I said Id have him instead of Eriksen. Dele can easily do what Eriksen does, and better.

My point is, and if you are honest, you'll agree, that if you pick ONE player to swap out of this team, and add ONE that will take us from 3rd to 1st, then it wouldnt be Trippier for Walker.
So all this weak link stuff is just way off the mark in my opinion, because he had Walker, and didnt win the title.

We were par, apart from one second place finish, in which Trippier finished off the season as first choice. The season before that, we threw away 2nd and lost 5-1 to Newcastle and came 3rd. All with Walker at RB.

I think there's a slight difference to Kane missing 25 games across 3 years to Bale missing 59 games across the same period. It's over double the amount of games missed. You'd replace a creative attacking midfielder with an injury prone player who doesn't really know what his best position is? Fair enough. Amazingly, Eriksen has been involved in more goals than Bale has this season. Funny game football.

It wouldn't be my choice if you gave me one option no, you're right. But that doesn't change my opinion or prove anything with regards to Trippier being better than Walker or vice versa. Simply because I'd just nab Messi and we'd probably win everything.

At the end of the day, this is the AURIER thread and you're arguing something that doesn't even involve him.

Take it elsewhere.

I think there's a slight difference to Kane missing 25 games across 3 years to Bale missing 59 games across the same period. It's over double the amount of games missed. You'd replace a creative attacking midfielder with an injury prone player who doesn't really know what his best position is? Fair enough. Amazingly, Eriksen has been involved in more goals than Bale has this season. Funny game football.

It wouldn't be my choice if you gave me one option no, you're right. But that doesn't change my opinion or prove anything with regards to Trippier being better than Walker or vice versa. Simply because I'd just nab Messi and we'd probably win everything.

And Ryan Fraser's been involved in more goals than Eriksen this season....yep, funny old game.

Forget the silly Messi line.....Im pretty sure you would take an upgrade in CM, AM or back up striker as a bigger factor in seeing us win the league, than swapping Trippier for Walker, or Perriera who for some reason you think is good.

If someone is a weak link, then the team has to finish higher without them. Finishing in the same position without them isnt upgrading. We finished 3rd with Walker with seven less points. The season we finsihed second, Trippier came in.

How can you say Walker is better than Trippier, but swapping them wouldnt change our place in the table? Makes no sense.
Improvement for this team is the title. If we win the PL, is Trippier still not good enough? Is improving with Trippier in the side a sign of him being a worse player? Or do you think we were better in the Leicester season?

And Ryan Fraser's been involved in more goals than Eriksen this season....yep, funny old game

How can you say Walker is better than Trippier, but swapping them wouldnt change our place in the table? Makes no sense.
Improvement for this team is the title. If we win the PL, is Trippier still not good enough? Is improving with Trippier in the side a sign of him being a worse player? Or do you think we were better in the Leicester season?

No he hasn't - let's not lie now.

It makes a lot of sense. Just like stats show we win MORE games without Kane in the team. Should we go the rest of the season without him?

Are you REALLY arguing the league title point? When the guy you're COMPARING Trippier too has bloody won it!?

Do you think selling Walker and starting the season with KWP and an injured Trippier would have been ok?

That was two years ago, and KWP still isnt even garuatneed a place on the bench
I've never rated Tripps so my answer is I was surprised we did sell Tripps when we bought Aurier and have KWP & Aurier as our two RB's. I stand by this opinion today, my preferred two RB options are Aurier and KWP and I don't think Aurier is the real deal, I think we can do better than him, just that I also think Aurier is better than Tripps.

Only he has though. Same goals, same assists, and 10 more big chances created.
Is that uncomfortable for you?

No because Kane is world class. Walker is average and was easily replaced.

Eriksen has been involved in 19 goals this season. Ryan Fraser has been involved in 16 goals all season. Straight fire facts right there.

This is where we are at right now people.

In the SERGE AURIER thread. We've gone from discussing Trippier. To discussing Trippier and Walker to somehow bringing Ryan Fraser into the mix.

Classic.

I've never rated Tripps so my answer is I was surprised we did sell Tripps when we bought Aurier and have KWP & Aurier as our two RB's. I stand by this opinion today, my preferred two RB options are Aurier and KWP and I don't think Aurier is the real deal, I think we can do better than him, just that I also think Aurier is better than Tripps.

But you said Poch picks Trippier because he has no options, yet you think our other two RBs are better. So theres his options. He prefers Trippier though, and our league position vindicates that decision.

Eriksen has been involved in 19 goals this season. Ryan Fraser has been involved in 16 goals all season. Straight fire facts right there.

In all comps? I meant PL.
Shame Fraser doesnt have 7 CL games behind him....not bad though, 3 more goal involvements from a player bandied around in the 200M ball park, who should be paid 250k a week, over some Scottish geezer who cost 400k from Aberdeen.

Back
Top Bottom