Season Ticket Renewals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you renew for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Not if the price increases

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
I plan to give up once I see us win a cup.

Or die.

At 42, I don't know which will come first.
I'm 67 and three-quarters..................................more likely in my case!!

Vieillesse GIF by PetitsFreresdesPauvres

Sold my Forest ticket yesterday because Monday night 8pm can fuck right off.

Went to bank my £69

Levy says no. Can't withdraw any funds, all I can do is use it towards a renewal. So if I want the money, I have to wait until the end of May to claim it. My money. And knowing Greedy, there will be a months wait before I can claim it.

So in summary

6% across the board increase for fans of one of the most successful (financially lol) clubs in Europe.
40%+ increase for seniors who are least likely to be able to afford it on pensions
Stopped fans from claiming their own money for a min of 3 months.

My chairman

Is a cunt.
You know I don't like to use that word for people that aren't RSol or my ex-BIL, and I have accepted in the past, that Levy has got some things right and some things wrong, ie I don't believe he is the devil incarnate, like some people on here.
However, this decision to do away with concessions for seniors ranks up there with 'What were you thinking? '
I was expecting an increase, especially after the freeze last season. But if the amount of the increase is sheer profit racketeering, then those responsible should hang their head in shame.

Where did you get that stat from? Is that 1in4 pensioners in Mayfair??

Why are they always talking about state pensions being too low and not being able to heat houses in winter??

Some pensioners are very clever at blackmailing politicians.
One in four British pensioners is now a millionaire

The truth is that most pensioners own their house (which has risen significantly since they bought it) and they have generous pensions.

Concession tickets should be targeted at young students and/or people with families.

The truth is that most pensioners own their house (which has risen significantly since they bought it) and they have generous pensions.

Concession tickets should be targeted at young students and/or people with families.

I don’t think most.

Looking at that in more depth 25% of households are classed as millionaires due to assets. And that means couples rather than individuals. A lot of women born in 50 and 60s were not the main earners in a household or just housewives.

25% of pensioners live in relative poverty - they won’t be going to spurs is my guess.
50% are in the middle.

So yeah I can see the argument that a lot of Spurs match going pensioners are in the higher wealth 50% bracket. Which is fair enough they can afford it more than a 25 year old can.

And to think I was upset my AFL club membership rose by $50 this season.

6% increase when our fans are already fleeced of their hard earned pounds more than any club in England is disgusting IMO.

Pretty good chance the 66 year old has been paying into the club for 20 -50 years , possibly for multiple tickets with children . Having said that young people today have a really shitty deal from life not just Spurs . I really feel for anyone under 35
Agree and the club are doing nothing to attract the younger generation of supporters who have it just as bad as a lot of pensioners. My lad has given up attending, would rather save his money and take city breaks with his mates once every few weeks.

Still the club has the half and half scarf day trippers and emerging markets to attract, not some third generation spurs fan. Be funny to watch if that bubble bursts.

Fucking old cunts should just sell their houses so they can afford a ST at Spurs. They don't know they are born.

Posted elsewhere, looks like this is the place to be.

Those last few words..

View: https://twitter.com/spursblogger/status/1765433160341365234

Spurs Price Rises Test Loyalty to the Limit​

MARCH 6, 2024 / ALAN
Prices for next season up 6% and concession pricing hacked to bits. Costs have risen, I get it. But so has the club’s income, yet fans won’t receive any of the benefits. Everyone was expecting an increase, I’m not naïve. The point is, we hear how Spurs are reaping the rewards at last of financial prudence and the income from the new ground, but it seems the fans aren’t part of the equation.

The decision to limit the number of senior concessions and the amount of the discount is disgraceful, a shameful, offhand disregard of decades of loyalty that impacts longstanding supporters, the people who have been there the longest. Good times and bad. Thick and thin. Thanks for your support. Crap football? We were there. Endless stick from fans of our London rivals? We kept coming. Now pay for it or sod off.

A reminder that not all of this is new. Last season I wrote about how the club had not only confined senior discounts to an increasingly smaller proportion of the ground but also that they had limited the number of tickets they would allocate in each section, which was not openly publicised.

They state that senior concession prices are “not sustainable”. The language is self-justificatory, a given, a fact of life. But this is deliberate obfuscation of reality, which is that they have a sum of money they can use, now and in the future, as they wish, and what they really wish, is, “if we keep the concessions, we make less money.”

With the 6% rise, when the tapered fall in the discount begins the season after the next, the club will get an extra £55.47 per season from me as I have a senior concession seat in the Park Lane. That’s less than the price of a first team shirt. Or between a third and a quarter of a premium seat. Or a tenth of the cost of one person sitting for one game in the best hospitality areas.

Here is an example of something that is sustainable, apparently. Spurs directors gave themselves a rise of almost £3million in the ending June 2022. Daniel Levy earned £3.265m in 2022, in comparison to £2.698m the previous year, while the total pocketed by Tottenham’s directors was £6.773m, up from £4m (source: The Telegraph 24.2.23). That year, Levy was the highest paid director in the PL.

But ultimately, the true indignity for supporters cannot be measured in monetary terms. Your support is wonderful, your loyalty is wonderful, and here’s what you get in return.

I’ve been talking to a lot of Spurs fans for some research. I’ve asked if they think there’s anything distinctive about being a Spurs fan. If you had to explain being a Spurs fan to someone who knows nothing about football, how would you describe us? Almost everyone includes two points in their reply: that we want to watch attacking football and that we are loyal. In our People’s History of support and supporters, Martin Cloake and I traced this back to our early days, even to the marshes when there were no stands.

Away games, Europe, Tottenham Hotspur fans will turn up. Not to mention 62000 for every home game for a club that’s won a single League Cup this century. AFC fans staged protest marches to remove their most successful manager since Herbert Chapman, many CFC fans are currently apoplectic after half a poor season, yet we turn up because Tottenham Hotspur will be there.

Levy is fond of describing himself as a custodian of the club and its heritage, but the club is nothing without its supporters. This is a gross, clear-eyed attack on some of the most loyal fans not just in the club but in the UK. Me and Mal, we limp up to row 49 with our walking sticks, I’ve been coming since 67, he’s got an extra ten years on me. And come kick-off, there’s nowhere else in the world I rather be. Means nothing to the board. I’m surprised we haven’t had a email saying we should consider ourselves lucky that we have a concession at all.

Spurs fans, no differently from most fans, don’t expect too much. There is an unspoken bargain between us and the club. We’ll turn up and get behind the team, in return, give us your best. If it doesn’t work out in terms of trophies, that’s a shame but we can handle that, if you do your best. But please, behave like you appreciate we exist, and respect the heritage we hold in our hands and hearts. Not a lot to ask, but too much for the board.

When the prices were announced for the new stadium, I said at the time that the club could be creating a deep well of resentment that will stay underground while the team are doing well but could erupt at any time. The same is true today. Spurs fans are patient, goodness knows we have to be, but that resentment surfaces if it gets too much, and that does nothing to help the team or the manager. None of this is apparently part of the club’s decision-taking. It simply fuels suspicions that as far as the board are concerned, we’re not fans, we’re customer numbers. Worse, it shows that they really don’t understand us at all.

Once again, Spurs create goodwill only to chuck it all down the drain. I’m in favour of the non-football activities at the Lane, provided it doesn’t get in the way of it being a football stadium when we play, and to be fair, it doesn’t. It’s a great place to watch football. So what is the purpose of F1 karting, Pink, Pearl Jam and NFL if it doesn’t in some way benefit Spurs fans? £55.47 a year extra from me though.

And there is a broader context here. The game is changing, with the dominance of finance and the increasing influence of the perceived interests of television and the spectacle it creates. It’s impersonal, undermining fans who go to games and those who want to go but can’t afford it. We don’t want a superleague, blue cards or lengthy VAR delays, or going to Newcastle for a 12.30 kick-off for that matter. That’s if you can get a ticket, given that 20% go to premium season ticket holders. This move reinforces the view that the club doesn’t care. Somebody will sit in the seats, doesn’t matter to them who it is. The distance between club and fan, the game and the fans who love it, grows ever wider.

Still, I’ve got some good news for the board. I’m 68 now and beginning to feel it. Both my parents were dead by the time they were 70, so I guess there’s a chance of something in the genes and I won’t have too much longer.

Seems obvious to me that the club are irritated by too many of us veterans living so long, and dying could be my final act of support, because my seat will become available. At full price.

Those last few words..

MARCH 6, 2024 / ALAN
Prices for next season up 6% and concession pricing hacked to bits. Costs have risen, I get it. But so has the club’s income, yet fans won’t receive any of the benefits. Everyone was expecting an increase, I’m not naïve. The point is, we hear how Spurs are reaping the rewards at last of financial prudence and the income from the new ground, but it seems the fans aren’t part of the equation.

The decision to limit the number of senior concessions and the amount of the discount is disgraceful, a shameful, offhand disregard of decades of loyalty that impacts longstanding supporters, the people who have been there the longest. Good times and bad. Thick and thin. Thanks for your support. Crap football? We were there. Endless stick from fans of our London rivals? We kept coming. Now pay for it or sod off.

A reminder that not all of this is new. Last season I wrote about how the club had not only confined senior discounts to an increasingly smaller proportion of the ground but also that they had limited the number of tickets they would allocate in each section, which was not openly publicised.

They state that senior concession prices are “not sustainable”. The language is self-justificatory, a given, a fact of life. But this is deliberate obfuscation of reality, which is that they have a sum of money they can use, now and in the future, as they wish, and what they really wish, is, “if we keep the concessions, we make less money.”

With the 6% rise, when the tapered fall in the discount begins the season after the next, the club will get an extra £55.47 per season from me as I have a senior concession seat in the Park Lane. That’s less than the price of a first team shirt. Or between a third and a quarter of a premium seat. Or a tenth of the cost of one person sitting for one game in the best hospitality areas.

Here is an example of something that is sustainable, apparently. Spurs directors gave themselves a rise of almost £3million in the ending June 2022. Daniel Levy earned £3.265m in 2022, in comparison to £2.698m the previous year, while the total pocketed by Tottenham’s directors was £6.773m, up from £4m (source: The Telegraph 24.2.23). That year, Levy was the highest paid director in the PL.

But ultimately, the true indignity for supporters cannot be measured in monetary terms. Your support is wonderful, your loyalty is wonderful, and here’s what you get in return.

I’ve been talking to a lot of Spurs fans for some research. I’ve asked if they think there’s anything distinctive about being a Spurs fan. If you had to explain being a Spurs fan to someone who knows nothing about football, how would you describe us? Almost everyone includes two points in their reply: that we want to watch attacking football and that we are loyal. In our People’s History of support and supporters, Martin Cloake and I traced this back to our early days, even to the marshes when there were no stands.

Away games, Europe, Tottenham Hotspur fans will turn up. Not to mention 62000 for every home game for a club that’s won a single League Cup this century. AFC fans staged protest marches to remove their most successful manager since Herbert Chapman, many CFC fans are currently apoplectic after half a poor season, yet we turn up because Tottenham Hotspur will be there.

Levy is fond of describing himself as a custodian of the club and its heritage, but the club is nothing without its supporters. This is a gross, clear-eyed attack on some of the most loyal fans not just in the club but in the UK. Me and Mal, we limp up to row 49 with our walking sticks, I’ve been coming since 67, he’s got an extra ten years on me. And come kick-off, there’s nowhere else in the world I rather be. Means nothing to the board. I’m surprised we haven’t had a email saying we should consider ourselves lucky that we have a concession at all.

Spurs fans, no differently from most fans, don’t expect too much. There is an unspoken bargain between us and the club. We’ll turn up and get behind the team, in return, give us your best. If it doesn’t work out in terms of trophies, that’s a shame but we can handle that, if you do your best. But please, behave like you appreciate we exist, and respect the heritage we hold in our hands and hearts. Not a lot to ask, but too much for the board.

When the prices were announced for the new stadium, I said at the time that the club could be creating a deep well of resentment that will stay underground while the team are doing well but could erupt at any time. The same is true today. Spurs fans are patient, goodness knows we have to be, but that resentment surfaces if it gets too much, and that does nothing to help the team or the manager. None of this is apparently part of the club’s decision-taking. It simply fuels suspicions that as far as the board are concerned, we’re not fans, we’re customer numbers. Worse, it shows that they really don’t understand us at all.

Once again, Spurs create goodwill only to chuck it all down the drain. I’m in favour of the non-football activities at the Lane, provided it doesn’t get in the way of it being a football stadium when we play, and to be fair, it doesn’t. It’s a great place to watch football. So what is the purpose of F1 karting, Pink, Pearl Jam and NFL if it doesn’t in some way benefit Spurs fans? £55.47 a year extra from me though.

And there is a broader context here. The game is changing, with the dominance of finance and the increasing influence of the perceived interests of television and the spectacle it creates. It’s impersonal, undermining fans who go to games and those who want to go but can’t afford it. We don’t want a superleague, blue cards or lengthy VAR delays, or going to Newcastle for a 12.30 kick-off for that matter. That’s if you can get a ticket, given that 20% go to premium season ticket holders. This move reinforces the view that the club doesn’t care. Somebody will sit in the seats, doesn’t matter to them who it is. The distance between club and fan, the game and the fans who love it, grows ever wider.

Still, I’ve got some good news for the board. I’m 68 now and beginning to feel it. Both my parents were dead by the time they were 70, so I guess there’s a chance of something in the genes and I won’t have too much longer.

Seems obvious to me that the club are irritated by too many of us veterans living so long, and dying could be my final act of support, because my seat will become available. At full price.

Thank you for posting this ……. absolutely bloody marvellous.

Those last few words..

MARCH 6, 2024 / ALAN

Wow.
They should cut and paste that and put it above the players tunnel ... Or just send it to Levy's office... Sorry, spell check, I meant Orrifice!

Agree and the club are doing nothing to attract the younger generation of supporters who have it just as bad as a lot of pensioners. My lad has given up attending, would rather save his money and take city breaks with his mates once every few weeks.

Still the club has the half and half scarf day trippers and emerging markets to attract, not some third generation spurs fan. Be funny to watch if that bubble bursts.
This isn't intended as a dig at Spurs, spurs fans or football fans in general. It is merely something I don't understand and think must be a cultural thing with football, England or a combination of both.

On the bold part, I have seen this form part of fans common complaints, and not just from this fanbase. As someone who attends 4 codes of football varying from regularly to sporadically. That being Rugby League, Rugby Union, Football and AFL certain aspects I just cannot get my head around.

1. Why some fans don't like day trippers and tourist matchgoers.
2. Why football unlike any other sport cannot have fans of both clubs intertwined. There's an away end and then home fans.
3. Why football lends itself to hooliganism and bad behaviour*

I can go to a rugby game sat next to a fan from the other club and sit peacefully as we both cheer for our team. Can then go to an A-League game as a casual "day tripper" and get odd looks like there's something wrong with me. Do the same at a rugby league game and no one cares. Then watch my AFL team and not care one little bit that one rogue fan from the opposition is our section and cheering overly loudly for his team or that an American tourist is next to us.

All the while there's no flares, no need for police escorts to our seating area (like we see at NLD's), no need for the police to ask for certain games to be played specific times to mitigate risks relating to public drunkenness and the ensuing anti-social behaviour it causes. And we see this when fans go on European away days as well.

*excluding racism, as sadly that seems to pop up occasionally in most sports.

Having said that young people today have a really shitty deal from life not just Spurs . I really feel for anyone under 35

You get it.

That’s exactly the point of this price increase. Our first team squad are nearly all under 35.

That’s why the OAPs need to pay more.

Helping out those youngsters!!

Back
Top Bottom