Season 2018/19 || Expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will we finish in the league?

• Champions league

Votes: 133 83.1%
  • Europa league

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Midtable

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Relegation

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Too many unknowns to consider I feel.

No new signings, new stadium and world cup effect being the big 3.

The start to the season is crucial. We need to get out of the blocks quickly just in case there is any negativity over our transfer inactivity which is still very odd.

On the plus side, settled team that we all know works very well. Rose fit. Alderweireld fit. Front line intact with Moura being the Joker in the pack. Feel good factor from squad members performing well at the World Cup.

On the minus side, the team didn't do as well last season as in the previous. Long-term injury to Wanyama and decline of Dembele causes for concern. Risk that players get comfortable if there is no one to challenge for their squad places. Son not available for first month (how is this allowed to happen? - FIFA should sort this out). There will be few surprises for other teams against Spurs this time around.

Is the new stadium a plus of minus on matchday? Will find out. It took Woolwich a while to really get going in the Emirates - arguably, they never did really get going, and West Ham have been through similar recently, and it also arguably took Spurs a while to get going at Wembley too - the Liverpool game being when it seemed to really click. This could go either way, and the fans will have to really get behind the team early on to make the place feel like home for the players.

Doing well largely depends on the team rediscovering their 16/17 form - being solid, scoring more goals and conceding fewer again. And possibly hanging on until January (although I struggle to remember the last January signing that changed any team's fortunes significantly).

This season it’s time to stop talking and win something,what? I’m not sure not bothered quite honest but if the F.A Cup comes within reach then I’d be delighted. Champions league really not fussed about it either don’t get me wrong it’s good playing different oppo but for us it’s a money making venture even the most ardent fan wouldn’t back us in that competition. League I’d sacrifice CL for a cup! London pride Keep the chavs,pikeys and goons in there place that’s a must.

If you go on the premise that we always finish above Liverpool, I can't see us finishing any lower than second.

PMA - Positive Mental Attitude.

The board and poch looked at city squad and basically gave up of trying to win the title this season imo. That’s why we didn’t go hard. We have the guns to make top 4. But a push for the title is far away at the moment. And we have the stadium to pay. Liverpool will also be scary I think. Woolwich is shit. Chelsea a doubt and united wank. Mourinho will be gone

I can't understand the negativity of some Spurs fans. You haven't lost any players and you are a very good team. The only downside I can see for you is if you get a few injuries to key players, then you might suffer. I see you finishing 3 or 4 and CL semi finals. I expect Mr Levy to spend a bit of money in January. Pochetino knows what he is doing. If I was a Spurs fan I would listen to what he says and trust him
Someone insert McGregor gif “who da fook is this guy?”

If we win a cup but don't get a CL spot, is that ok or not ?

Win the Europa League. Two birds with one stone!

C_apxG8U0AA5lkv.jpg

We'll probably draw our first two fixtures and people will spontaneously combust. Then we'll smash Man U after the journos had already submitted their articles describing a comprehensive Man U victory before a ball was even kicked.

3rd behind City and Liverpool. FA cup final, but probably won't win it. CL strong run but go out to another big boy in the quarters or semis.

2nd.

Liverpool won't gel fast enough**. Man U and Chelski will implode after two losses. Woolwich's signings barely improve them over last year.

There's no catching Citeh though.

CL: Depending on the draw, but we ought to good enough to get to knockout stages, then who knows.

FA Cup: We could win it...or we could draw Citeh in the 3rd round...

League Cup: odds are, we bed in youngsters and go no further than QF

(**Not sure about this...but let's be optimistic eh?)

Back
Top Bottom