Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was a long clearance where Micky had a man marking him and he just tracked the flight, turned his body and brought the ball down with the inside of his boot. So calm, he obviously never had a doubt that he would win the ball and keep control of it. Most premier league centre halves would have just put their foot through it and put it out on the full for a throw in.

I think this boy could be an absolute bargain in terms of price vs. quality.

He does this every game. I've been keeping an eye out for it this season as they said they would be clamping down on managers leaving their area. He does it every game and gets away with it every game.

It's shocking.

Yesterday you could see the difference in having a secure, confident grown up in one dugout and this absolute insecure, train wreck in the other.
Waiting for the day a winger or fullback takes him out on the touchline and proper hurts the prick.
Yeah think the 4th officials haven't done shit since the first weekend.

He does this every game. I've been keeping an eye out for it this season as they said they would be clamping down on managers leaving their area. He does it every game and gets away with it every game.

It's shocking.

Yesterday you could see the difference in having a secure, confident grown up in one dugout and this absolute insecure, train wreck in the other.
Yet more pro-Woolwich institutional bias. Frustrating they get away with so much shit.

I watched that sequence a couple more times and it's stomach churning thinking what could have happened to Vicario.

Nketiah-challenge.jpg

This bit from ESPN tried real hard to rationalise it - "just about an acceptable disciplinary outcome" my arse! :ange-confused:

VAR review: Nketiah can count himself fortunate in this situation as the challenge is late and leading with a high foot.

What saves him from a red card is he challenges the space in front of Vicario, with the intention of blocking the goalkeeper's clearance. He mistimes it, and catches Vicario through his momentum. If Nketiah had gone directly toward Vicario with his leading foot, there would have been a clear case for a red card, even if he hadn't made contact with that leg. Intention isn't relevant for a red card decision, but where the player makes the challenge is.

The foul actually comes from his other leg, which is tucked into the ground. That just about makes a yellow card an acceptable disciplinary outcome.

At the end of the day, we're in the business of winning football matches and treating a draw like a win is a loser mentality. It's a good result that I'm pleased with and it represents a huge improvement on the NLD results from last season but I'm not going to call it "fabulous" and celebrate it as though it's a win.

We’re in the business of improving our dire record against teams like Woolwich away which we did. It wasn’t just the draw, it was the performance. If you’re picking out negatives with that, then fuck knows what pleases you with Spurs.

I watched that sequence a couple more times and it's stomach churning thinking what could have happened to Vicario.

Nketiah-challenge.jpg

This bit from ESPN tried real hard to rationalise it - "just about an acceptable disciplinary outcome" my arse! :ange-confused:

ESPN is an absolute joke for football all around.

I don't really know why they even run their VAR thing as no matter what team, they always just come up with a reason why the ref/VAR was right. It seems like it's paid for by the people who came up with VAR.

I felt bad for Saka when he missed his penalty in the Euros and left crying like a little b, but now I don’t. Fuck him.

I didn’t. He and rashford let their country down that day. Especially Rashford with his fucking stupid penalty. They would have got it in the neck even more had a load of morons not taken the chance to racially abuse them. It stopped them being held properly accountable. Rashford should never have even been in the squad, he wasn’t fit.

Back
Top Bottom