Savage gets Savaged - BBC 5 Live 01/09/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why was this foul never given during the match?
_103267873_kane-epa.jpg
From BBC website
It could have been missed by the ref? It happens all the time, to every team.
There is no conspiracy against Tottenham.

simple answer for all this is..

No one likes us.

Simple as that.

The majority of the media and fans of other clubs dont want to see us succeed. I honestly have no clue where thats come from.

Yes, how is Wembley with a 50/50 crowd "home" ?

Wembley wasn't our home. Granted we had a bigger advantage than our opposition due to the number of Spurs fans there compared to theirs but a lot of teams saw it as their day out and raised their game because of it and the stadium itself is pretty soulless so I'd class it as more of a neutral venue than us having proper home advantage. People, a large number of them in the media said we'd struggle there last season yet when it suits them i.e. When Savage is gunning for us, they change their tune and call it home.

It was never home, it was a temporary burden whilst we try to build and complete our new home. Anfield was more home to Liverpool last year than We,belt was to Spurs yet we still finished above them. You don't hear people praise Spurs for that all they do is pull their pants to one side and give Liverpool the reacharound. Granted I do think they will finish above us this year but we've got a fighting chance and the sooner we get back into N17 the more we can feel like it's an even playing field. Wembley definitely ain't any home to me but I do think it's helped playing their for when we go back to our roots

Wembley wasn't our home. Granted we had a bigger advantage than our opposition due to the number of Spurs fans there compared to theirs but a lot of teams saw it as their day out and raised their game because of it and the stadium itself is pretty soulless so I'd class it as more of a neutral venue than us having proper home advantage. People, a large number of them in the media said we'd struggle there last season yet when it suits them i.e. When Savage is gunning for us, they change their tune and call it home.

It was never home, it was a temporary burden whilst we try to build and complete our new home. Anfield was more home to Liverpool last year than We,belt was to Spurs yet we still finished above them. You don't hear people praise Spurs for that all they do is pull their pants to one side and give Liverpool the reacharound. Granted I do think they will finish above us this year but we've got a fighting chance and the sooner we get back into N17 the more we can feel like it's an even playing field. Wembley definitely ain't any home to me but I do think it's helped playing their for when we go back to our roots
My point was that Savage claimed we had home advantage in the FA Cup semi vs. United- when in fact it was at Wembley with a 50/50 crowd (ignoring the corporate lot).

Back
Top Bottom