Savage gets Savaged - BBC 5 Live 01/09/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's always the shite pundits that get way too much attention, I feel sorry for the good pundits.

It's always the shite pundits that get way too much attention, I feel sorry for the good pundits.
jermaine-jenas-thumb-up-mobile-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

Do you know that for certain?

Most people from North Wales support Liverpool or United

I know his brother is a massive Man United supporter because I have met him and I know Savage played in the United youth teams so and that his son plays in their youth teams so I would be surprised if he was a Liverpool supporter especially as he has made no indication of being one throughout his professional career. As he said at the end he doesn’t care that Liverpool haven’t won anything.

Most people in North Wales are Liverpool, Everton and United but there are plenty of Spurs supporters as I well - I am one of them and there was quite a few of them in the was a smal Welsh town I come from .

Oh fucking hell that guy is a cunt. I hate it so much that at the end he feels like he's won the argument by saying ring back when spurs win something, the caller had a very valid points. I've had so many arguments in my time with people who react like that about Spurs ffs

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. It’s Robbie Savage. Of course he’s going to come out with a load of uneducated bollocks. After all, he’s a thick, bollocks-talking cunt.

My point is precisely that - this isn’t about Liverpool this about us. And Savage levelled this at us ( which equally applies to Liverpool) and it will continue to be levelled at us ( and rightfully so )until we actually win something.

Bollo
I don’t see what all the fuss is about. It’s Robbie Savage. Of course he’s going to come out with a load of uneducated bollocks. After all, he’s a thick, bollocks-talking cunt.

The problem is he is paid by the BBC who are funded by us. Five Live isn't TalkShite and shouldn't rely on trolling anybody or such blatant impartiality.

"Come back when Spurs win something"?

What a cunt. So we're not allowed to talk about our club or defend them until they've won the Caribou fucking Cup? That's better than finishing 2nd or 3rd in the PL?!

If we did a win a domestic cup he'd just move the goalposts to the PL or CL or say they have to win x amount of PL titles.

The main is blatantly biased against us, he's a tosspot and should be reminded of that every single day!

:dembelefingers:

Bollo

The problem is he is paid by the BBC who are funded by us. Five Live isn't TalkShite and shouldn't rely on trolling anybody or such blatant impartiality.

"Come back when Spurs win something"?

What a cunt. So we're not allowed to talk about our club or defend them until they've won the Caribou fucking Cup? That's better than finishing 2nd or 3rd in the PL?!

If we did a win a domestic cup he'd just move the goalposts to the PL or CL or say they have to win x amount of PL titles.

The main is blatantly biased against us, he's a tosspot and should be reminded of that every single day!

:dembelefingers:

This.

How is beating tosh in a League Cup (A trophy I don't actually mind us winning) any more of an achievement than showing over a 38 game season that we are the 2nd team in the whole country?

He'd probably come back and say "You don't win anything for finishing 2nd"

Which wouldn't surprise me that someone with the lack of brain cells like Savage would come out and say. Yet, he will show bias towards Liverpool who have finished higher than 4th just once in the last 7+ years and lost in 3 cup finals since..

Oh, but you don't win anything for coming runners-up.

"Have to win trophies" - seems to be a common put down amongst Tottenham only. I rarely ever see anyone speak about Liverpool needing to win trophies or Klopp needing to win trophies. They all come out with the same old shit. "Look at the difference before Klopp and after", "We play exciting football, trophies will come" etc. etc.

As if we weren't a fucking shambles before Pochettino.

This.

How is beating tosh in a League Cup (A trophy I don't actually mind us winning) any more of an achievement than showing over a 38 game season that we are the 2nd team in the whole country?

He'd probably come back and say "You don't win anything for finishing 2nd"

Which wouldn't surprise me that someone with the lack of brain cells like Savage would come out and say. Yet, he will show bias towards Liverpool who have finished higher than 4th just once in the last 7+ years and lost in 3 cup finals since..

Oh, but you don't win anything for coming runners-up.

"Have to win trophies" - seems to be a common put down amongst Tottenham only. I rarely ever see anyone speak about Liverpool needing to win trophies or Klopp needing to win trophies. They all come out with the same old shit. "Look at the difference before Klopp and after", "We play exciting football, trophies will come" etc. etc.

As if we weren't a fucking shambles before Pochettino.

Exactly. Liverpool get a free pass for some reason but we don't. Yes they are a bigger club and have a richer history but not over the past decade.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the past three seasons, we've scored a lot of goals, won a lot of matches and seem to have pissed off a lot of people in the process.

Long may it continue!

:tobyarm:

Exactly. Liverpool get a free pass for some reason but we don't. Yes they are a bigger club and have a richer history but not over the past decade.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the past three seasons, we've scored a lot of goals, won a lot of matches and seem to have pissed off a lot of people in the process.

Long may it continue!

:tobyarm:

I absolutely loved the "Liverpool have scored 2 more goals over the last 2 seasons" line.

Savage was adamant it mattered - if I was Matt, I'd also have mentioned the defensive records over the last few seasons too. Goal difference would have ultimately been a better indicator. Ours is much better.

Savage was blowing Mark Hughes before Matt called in anyway. That should tell you all you need to know about the guy. Mentioning that Stoke sacked him and they went down. Erm, they went down because of the damage he had done. Should have also mentioned how garbage he was at City and QPR when given a load of money.

Savage was blowing Mark Hughes before Matt called in anyway. That should tell you all you need to know about the guy. Mentioning that Stoke sacked him and they went down. Erm, they went down because of the damage he had done. Should have also mentioned how garbage he was at City and QPR when given a load of money.

Out of all the jobs Hughes has had, he was decent with Wales and Blackburn, but pretty much every other job he's had he's been mediocre to shite.

He's another one of those ex-players who constantly gets jobs because he's part of the "I used to play under Alex Ferguson" club, like SAF's managerial talent was somehow infectious.

I live in Leicester and went to a Q & A thing with mates a few years ago. They had Matt Elliott Kasey Keller and someone I cant remember and they all said the thickest cunt in the changing room was Robbie Savage, fuck knows how he has a job in media

I think pretty much all football fans concur that Liverpool seem to be the media darlings . A lot of them are ex players .

Savage is like Durham but not at his level . Durham just cunta everyone off and is quite funny . no point getting annoyed with them .

But from what little I’ve heard of savage he doesn’t seem to have much good to say about us . It probably stems back to the league cup final when he got sent off against us .

He actually wasn’t that bad a player. But he is a coward . Managers saw through that . Especially Taggart

Savage predicted us to finish 6th last season. And Man Utd to be 1st.

Unless he expected 1st to 6th to be 4 points off then it's amusing how he makes Spurs to be underachievers last season while Mourinho did a great job.

I live in Leicester and went to a Q & A thing with mates a few years ago. They had Matt Elliott Kasey Keller and someone I cant remember and they all said the thickest cunt in the changing room was Robbie Savage, fuck knows that is how he has a job in media
FIXED!

Back
Top Bottom