Saints vs Mighty Spurs | FA 4th round Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another game where our forward players piss away numerous chances, and pre-chances to create chances.

And here’s the really fucking worrying thing, it’s not even our biggest weakspot. We still haven’t got a 6 or a LB.

Please god don’t let me have to watch the Brazilian deluxe Lennon as a CF any more.

Don’t worry

Moussa back soon

Dele never challenges for an arial ball, he will wait f knows for what, he won't jump unless it's a free header.

He played well today in batches, he did defend and was good going forward.

He is a second or slow to execute a pass.

Happy with his display.

It's the missed chances did the damage but a we didn't lose which is just fine for a cup tie apart from the extra game to play.
Thought his defending was up a notch today, first half in particular. He played deeper so it should be expected, but he contributed quite a bit at first.

Our attackers scored a goal. If the shitcunt Aurier didn’t concede we would have won - stop making cheap excuses
The "shitcunt Aurier" didn’t concede, Spurs did. Who is best right back for Tottenham you've seen? For me it would be Chris Hughton (Kyle Walker in recent times). They both fucked up. So did Maldini, Beckenbauer...

And here's another thing, again, I'm repeating myself. It happens frequently at my age.

I flicked briefy through the in-game posts. As is often the case, the posters' experience was way different to mine, no one seems to actually enjoy games in which we don't channel 70s Brazil.

Gedson seemed to get a shit load of abuse. Maybe it's just me but he seemed fine to me. We were poor as as a team for 20 minutes, or else Southampton were really good, but we defended well. He played his part, did what he could, After that we played well, moved the ball creatively, had them on the back foot until half time. Again, Gedson was a key part in that.

First 10 minutes of the second half again we were on the back foot, Southampton playing really well. Our defence was fantastic though - hurrah! Gedson did nothing wrong here either.

He got subbed because, I presume (and did Clive Allen), we wanted a more experienced, slightly more attacking battler in Lamela. Great, he picked the team up, our energy level seemed to improve. It was the sort of tactical change you see in every game, regardless of the teams, even more so in the case of a young man who's been in London 10 days.

I really dont see why the in-game posters have to insist on their particular prejudices - Winks missed a pass - CUNT, Dele didn't see X in a better position - CUNT, Lo Celso was tackled - WEAK CUNT and so on. As if Lewandowski, Messi and Van Dijk don't fuck up too.
Fortunately the at match support was behind the team throughout. Lots of singing for Mou. I really thought this was a proper turnaround for us. So, so close to a glorious afternoon.

BTW Saints fans are up there with Leicester for small time annoying plastic fans. Wankers.

Fortunately the at match support was behind the team throughout. Lots of singing for Mou. I really thought this was a proper turnaround for us. So, so close to a glorious afternoon.

BTW Saints fans are up there with Leicester for small time annoying plastic fans. Wankers.
Never liked their fans. Had an uncomfortable meeting with a couple in a bar a few years back. Not the first time either.

Remember this utter bellend from the 90s?

rupert-lowe_1378837c.jpg

#SmallTownBigClub

Loved the GLC love by the way

Feck there's some miserable bastards on here, my take at the time (pub) was cracking cup tie great result to bring a form team back to our place, we created enough chances to have been out of sight but we lack a striker, who didn't know that? Tanganga is feckin' brilliant, LoCelso is feckin' brilliant, the players are all putting in a shift, and confidence is coming back ... remember that's with Kane, Sissoko and Davies all likely starters, all missing .... add to that Winks coming back from the dead, and Fernandes on full debut .... and when watching again this morning it's a great result

an extra game with so many players needing game time .... luvin' it

Back
Top Bottom