Saints vs Mighty Spurs | FA 4th round Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume he means you can defend and get 38 0-0 draws to gain 38 points. But if you want more points, you need to score to win.

Seems pretty obvious. So much so, I may well be wrong. And I’ve no idea what a p-value is. No danger of over thinking.
Fuck me. For all my supposed smarts, I didn't get that.. It just goes to show, uh, something. Maybe about common sense and how academics don't have any? (That's actually completely true in my experience)

Thanks for explaining.

Last edited:
And other similar responses..
Ah, lads.. I was that special kind of drunk you get with no alcohol when you're really fucking tired. I regret taking up so much space with an irrelevant post. It wasn't for everyone but there were a few people interested in technology and its effects on society much earlier in the thread. I'm in an unusually good position to talk about that so I did.. a lot! Now I'm a bit more sane again, the disclaimer part sounds pointlessly boastful -- but I actually kinda have to do that because there are rules against e.g. representing yourself as a biomedical scientist in any context (even as a random person on the internet) when you're not (especially if anything you say can be construed as advice).

I need my own thread just to reply to people with niche interests in the various shit I say, and save everyone else scrolling for days. ;)

Back
Top Bottom