Safe-standing at White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That article says 27%. Knowing how polls work that's probably a low figure, too.
You're right. My apologies. 27%. And the average age of a tory member is 72. So among young people just over a quarter vote for them, (I'm sure it would be even less among what I consider young people, i.e. 18-25, rather than a category which still includes myself as young) but very few indeed are committed enough to join the party, which is perhaps more telling. I know a former tory MP and he thinks it's a massive problem.

Neither. I've just seen the statistics. Only 17% of 18-34 year olds voted for them. General Election 2017: Young people are delighted their turnout counted
Bless them! They obviously knew as much about the opposition then. No rational person would vote for that shower.
The sad status of British politics, the choice of voting for the party you consider to be the least shit.
Have we heard any pearls of wisdom from the opposition on the status of safe standing?
He's probably waiting for Putin to tell him what to say

Bless them! They obviously knew as much about the opposition then. No rational person would vote for that shower.
The sad status of British politics, the choice of voting for the party you consider to be the least shit.
Have we heard any pearls of wisdom from the opposition on the status of safe standing?
He's probably waiting for Putin to tell him what to say
I'm not interested in getting into a political debate with you, it's just a fact that- whether you think they're misguided or not- the young tend not to vote tory, and even less of them offer them any more meaningful support i.e. join the party.

For what it's worth, apparently the Lib Dems' manifesto promises to bring in safe standing.

Obviously they're never gonna get close to power again, but at least it does have some backers.

For what it's worth, apparently the Lib Dems' manifesto promises to bring in safe standing.

Obviously they're never gonna get close to power again, but at least it does have some backers.

They also had madentory fan representation on club boards on their manifesto the last time they had a half decent chance i.e. before Clegg sold the party out in the coalition government and sent them plummeting into an eternal winter.

Labour where pushing for legislation to force the PL to send 5% of TV money to go to grass roots.

Tories only like cricket. polo and rubbing fox blood on the faces of small children so no luck there.

The Lib Dems said they'd oppose increasing university fees to win votes and then went back on it, so they might as well promise a dog for every house that shits gold for what their manifesto is worth

tenor.gif

In all likelihood the petition is an irrelevance anyway. It looks like there hasn't yet been a single petition from the official government site that has achieved it's aim.
They get publicity for issues at least, even if they don't succeed in forcing a change immediately

More importantly what the fuck does the public's desire to stand have to do with anything? The only question for authorities would be is it safe or not. Or, more specifically, would it be safer than what we presently have.

It's then up to the clubs, as private enterprises, to make the decision around demand. On a case by case basis too. Maybe 10% of Spurs fans want to stand but only 1% of Woolwich. Calling it 5% is a pointless average; making it legal doesn't mean anyone who doesn't want it has to take it.

Why the fuck would anyone even ask the question do you want to stand the whole game? It's like they are asking that question to get an answer to make it deliberately complicated.

fucking Premier League - "only 5%" want to stand the whole match"

well, der brain, we're only talking about 3,000 in a 60,000 seater stadium, which equates to, wait for it, 5% of the stadium.

Yeah, really complex and nuanced.

: ostrich:

Back
Top Bottom