Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone who thought Sessegnon was coming in as a left back knows little about footy.

Sessegnon has little in the way of a naturally defensive outlook.

He is going to give cover for better left backs than we have at present but give us much more going foward.

He is no Robben or Bale (at least not yet) but once he believes in himself and gets completely up to speed I think he could be an integral member of our squad/team.

Last edited:
Anyone who thought Sessegnon was coming in as a left back knows little about footy.

Sessegnon has little in the way of a naturally defensive outlook.

He is going to give covee for better left backs than we have at present but give us much more going foward.

He is no Robben or Bale (at least not yet) but once he believes in himself and gets completely up to speed I think he could be an integral member of our squad/team.
I have high hopes for him on the left. Anyone who sammyspurs sammyspurs calls shit usually turns out to be great so here's hoping

I got a lot of time for Sammyspurs but don't always agree with him on player assessments.

He was however the very first to call out Eriksen's drop-off in form and interest.

On Sessegnon I think and hope he will be pleasantly surprised.
I think he will be a very good buy, Mourinho will teach him a lot of things. Luck for us we were able to get him at a cheap price. Fulham should have taken the rumoured 50 million that was offered the season before.

Was actually very impressed with him in the first half.

Would love to see him, Son and Kane in an attacking three in the league going forward.

Dele just behind and Ndombele/Skipp being able to actually play and control a ball behind him.

Would like to see what he's like on the right cutting in. That could well be his best route into the first team as I can't see him displacing Son on the left. A lot of raw talent for sure though.

Would like to see what he's like on the right cutting in. That could well be his best route into the first team as I can't see him displacing Son on the left. A lot of raw talent for sure though.
Scored nearly all of his goals for Fulham from the left.

No reason to switch him.

Son can play off left or right.

Beauty of a goal. Definitely looked offside, but by margins. That was one hell of a finish.

I’ve wanted us to sign him for at least three years, so I’m very happy to see him score in the CL on his first start.

With his natural pace he’d be one hell of a sub option.

I'm curious where does he play and who does he displace? Love him.
He plays the attacking wide player role on the left just as Aurier does on the right, in a back four only one would play, but could see us when width required playing a back five

Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Vert - Ryan

In front of that two 2-2-1 which means probably Lucas or Son missing out if we went that route ...

More likely 4-2-3-1 with either Aurier or Ryan as the attacking wing-back.

Back
Top Bottom