Romero - Do we pay the fee? (.....A poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we make Romero permanent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fucking hell seriously?

Not sure what game some of you lot are watching, Romero pisses all over our other defenders and it's not even close.

He’s got some flaws, not great in the air and loses concentration sometimes, but he’s definitely our best defender, and a shithouse which we’ve always lacked. No brainer to keep him

He's good but definitely not the player some try to make him out to be. He can be inconsistent and also rash. I do think he's worth signing though, we just need a good partner for him, preferably someone with pace.

Him and Kounde would be nice.

Cody (wolves).
Dunk(Brighton).
Konsa (villa).
Evans (Leicester).
All 4 would do a better job and not cost the 40+ million transfer fee.
Cody especially you would also get a leader who will organise the back 3 around him
Evans was the guy to hire 2-3 years ago but injuries are shafting him now.
Would take 1 of Dunk or Coady but they are both slow so don’t compliment Dier
TBF Don’t know loads about konsa

I would love us to get in experienced PL defenders but they won’t be cheap. Well not Levy cheap

He's good but definitely not the player some try to make him out to be. He can be inconsistent and also rash. I do think he's worth signing though, we just need a good partner for him, preferably someone with pace.

Him and Kounde would be nice.

He's 5'10 .. with Romero already struggling aerially we need a tall, left sided centre back. Categorically isn't happening but someone in that Bastoni mould where they're aerially dominant and very comfortable playing out from the back would be ideal.

Easier said than done, obviously. But we need some more height at the back.

He's 5'10 .. with Romero already struggling aerially we need a tall, left sided centre back. Categorically isn't happening but someone in that Bastoni mould where they're aerially dominant and very comfortable playing out from the back would be ideal.

Yeah, I didn't mean them playing as a two. Conte won't change from his formation no matter what. But having Romero and Kounde in the same back line, I'm down for that. Kounde, Dier and Romero would be absolutely fine.

I'd like to see us playing 4-3-3 myself but that's not going to happen under Antonio.

kilman def fits that and is left footed, 6 foot 5

I've voted 'keep' (but then again, I wanted to keep Lo Celso, so what do I know?)

shrugs what GIF by Big Brother Canada

I’d rather have him at RCB than CB. Dier seems better there for us. That would mean we need to focus on getting a real LCB, and looking to sell Rodon, and possibly Sanchez too.

Rom + Dier + [new LCB]
(Sanchez or Tanganga + [CCB new] + Ben)

Rodon clearly ain't getting a sniff so he and one of DS or JT need to go.

We keep Romero, both because he's an obligation to buy and also we are not going to easily get better

More than likely that Sanchez and maybe £10m will be the price of a new CCB - Sanchez doesn't have the concentration or the faster PL but is more than good enough for say Italian league so a swap with a few million in addition for a top CB such as Milan Škriniar.

That way we can play 2 of Romero, Dier and Škriniar giving us some rotation with a LCB who might be Davies or a new guy.

Rodon will probably be sold as he's not being played. Given Tanganga has not had a real run of games in 3 seasons, although has made some 40 appearances (half in PL, rest in europe and domestic cups), we might want to loan him to get a half season or full season as CB to a lower half PL club.

Back
Top Bottom