Romero - Do we pay the fee? (.....A poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we make Romero permanent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Airfixx

"I want to be the sadness of my opponents" - Venom
Doubts are creeping in for some; so a simple yes/no poll.....

Should we make his deal permanent at the end of the season?

.....Do we pay the £42m (€50m)?

.....Or should we decline and keep the dosh in the kitty for another target in the summer?

Last edited:
Doubts are creeping in for some; so a simple yes/no poll.....

Should we make his deal permanent at the end of the season?

.....Do we pay the £42m (€50m) to make?

.....Or should we decline and keep the dosh in the kitty for another target in the summer?

Doubts? Not for anyone with a brain they aren't.

Buy him, simples.

We need to move on Sanchez and Rodon at least (an argument could be made for Davies and Tanganga as well) So we need 2 centre backs as is. He has his faults in the air but overall he's decent and will get better. Pay it.
Not a chance we pay the fee.
Plenty of British centre halves available for far less that would do a better job

Pay it. Any new signing would need to same settling in period whereas he has it out the way. Talent there is obvious, he just has a couple of fundamental weaknesses, but ones that I do think are very improvable with coaching and experience.

We need to be adding a CB next to him, and if we don't take up the buy offer that would be 2 new defenders who would have to settle in. Pay the fee, and then put up for a LCB who is aerially dominant and compliments Romero well.

Definitely has the talent so sign him, much better than any other CB we have.

Still areas for concern with him though - his rashness will be costly at some point and his defending at set pieces needs a lot of work

Lots of complaints that he can't head the ball and how that's a pre-requisite for a PL CB.
All of these complaints are anecdotal. Not to mention, the way we play really lends itself to eventually getting done by a header from a set piece. If we allow 30 crosses into the box from either open play or set pieces, eventually someone is going to lose his marker. And then, when that happens, the person at fault is shit and should be sold in the summer.

I’m not sure it’s wise to spend £60m on someone who struggles with crosses and high balls. That’s the bread and butter of the PL.

He needs to stay fit for the rest of the season and prove that he can improve this aspect of his game. Otherwise I’d have to say that we can probably spend the money on more suitable players. I like his aggression and bravery on the ball when it’s on the ground but that not enough. For the price I expect a complete defender.

I’m not sure it’s wise to spend £60m on someone who struggles with crosses and high balls. That’s the bread and butter of the PL.

He needs to stay fit for the rest of the season and prove that he can improve this aspect of his game. Otherwise I’d have to say that we can probably spend the money on more suitable players. I like his aggression and bravery on the ball when it’s on the ground but that not enough. For the price I expect a complete defender.

Where the hell you getting 60m quid from?

I'd rather power the money into the Real Estate arm of the operation

Tanganga will be like a new signing when fit and Joe Rodon is a future Ballon d'or winner

VVD went for 60. And that was a few years ago. His price at that age and experience, now, would be closer to 80 at least.

Romero is younger than he was (or the same age?) and while he hasn't been the EPLs best CB, he's been in the conversation I'd reckon. Not bad for a first season.

He's also not going for 60. 50 it was I think?

Back
Top Bottom