Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was several yards out. At an angle. With the keeper bearing down on him.

If he’d hit it far enough away from the keeper to pass him, he’d have hit the corner flag.

He tried to place it over the keepers leg and under his arm. As he should have.
He's in incredible form and people are still complaining. They want him to score every single chance he gets, literally no striker does that.

He was several yards out. At an angle. With the keeper bearing down on him.

If he’d hit it far enough away from the keeper to pass him, he’d have hit the corner flag.

He tried to place it over the keepers leg and under his arm. As he should have.
I think you're wrong. From the position he was in he could and should have scored. And I'm not just talking about the shot I'm talking about from outside the area. But in the position he was in he should have shifted himself over slightly more hit the ball a bit softer and lifted it more and he scores 100%

Guys is no Harry Kane we get that, he’s his own player has his own attributes and he tries thats all we ask, pull on a Tottenham shirt give your all that’s all we ask and he’ll do fine.

Some people would watch Richarlison's goal at the world cup and complain that his first touch was so bad that he had no choice but to go for a bicycle kick.

He's done great this year since his return from injury. I think he has a weakness in 1v1 positions and should work on that to make himself a better player. And that's not just about the shot. It's about positioning the ball and yourself into the correct place. Where you want your initial touch to put you in front of goal to have the best chance of scoring.

I think you're wrong. From the position he was in he could and should have scored. And I'm not just talking about the shot I'm talking about from outside the area. But in the position he was in he should have shifted himself over slightly more hit the ball a bit softer and lifted it more and he scores 100%
I could be wrong. I’m no professional.

I’d suggest, however, that your expectations may be too high.

Why are expectations too high? We are aiming to get to where liverpool and city are, so when we invest heavily we need the best of the best.

I like Richarlison btw, and he's in red hot form.

Why are expectations too high? We are aiming to get to where liverpool and city are, so when we invest heavily we need the best of the best.

Your expectation in this instance is too high, because your criticism is classic detached arm-chair punditry that relies upon players being veritable robots.

Keeper did his job and foiled the striker.

Funny you mention Liverpool...... Would you bank on Nunez finishing every half-decent chance that comes his way?

No sane man would.

Last edited:
Your expectation in this instance is too high, because your criticism is classic detached arm-chair punditry that implies relies upon players being veritable robots.

Funny you mention Liverpool...... Would you bank on Nunez finishing every half-decent chance that comes his way?

No sane man would.
You must have me mixed up with another poster. Those types of chances can be missed, I was more frustrated with him giving the ball away early on - my expectation is that he can be involved in linking the play much better for £60m.

Your expectation in this instance is too high, because your criticism is classic detached arm-chair punditry that implies relies upon players being veritable robots.

Would you bank on Nunez finishing every half-decent chance that comes his way?

No sane man would.

As above........

As above........
I don't really think it's wrong to expect a top a striker at the top of the professional game to finish from that position. It's part of the reason (not solely Richarlison)we have dropped so many points this season. We should be expecting him to score from there.

Richarlison has more goals and more goals per 90 minutes than any player on City or Liverpool except for Haaland or Salah.

I don't really think it's wrong to expect a top a striker at the top of the professional game to finish from that position. It's part of the reason (not solely Richarlison)we have dropped so many points this season. We should be expecting him to score from there.

Seen Sonny fluff enough chances like that over the years (for a long time he was regarded as a classic case of the "too much time to think" finisher)....... Defoe - another revered THFC goalscorer - was never ultra-clinical either.......

M'thinks you've just got used to the luxury of Kane being a GOAT.

Richy isn't a GOAT; but FFS he's in hot form and contributing even when he's not scoring..... Leave him be.

I don’t get why everyone has to be on team richarlison or anti richarlison.

The guy has been super lately but he didn’t have his best attacking game against Brighton. He still contributed in other ways though.

Who setup Maddison for his near miss?

Who setup Kulusevski for his possible penalty/falling shot?

Who put Son free with a great weighted ball down the channel, to Assist BJ?

Who was clear for Sarr, which gave Dunk the problem causing him to deflect Sarrs cross onto the post, leading to the equaliser?

Who had a good shot saved when going through on goal?

Richarlison, who is 9 in 9.

Fluid perspective says he is our No. 9
A 1 yard almost missplaced pass.

Kulu was great.

A 1 yard pass.

Any 9 would be in the box for that?

A chance Son burries yeah.

All really hard things to do I see. You're really trying to find the small things here. :roflmao:

Look i'm obvious happy with his 9/9 and him stepping up while Son was away.

But Son is back and the best 9 in the league. Then you play him there.

Richy as a 9 need to many chances to convert and that will hinder us winning games, like it almost did at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom