Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Super wasteful in the first half and more consistent in the 2nd. Some good moments and lots of iffy touches and passes.

Just not his best game but he always works hard and makes a lot of small plays that help the team.

Still don’t think he’s good enough to be a #1 striker… ideally we find a good winger (or two) and use richy and sonny at ST next season assuming we have Europe. They compliment each other well as sonny would have been a better ST in open games like today and richy is better against a parked bus.

Super wasteful in the first half and more consistent in the 2nd. Some good moments and lots of iffy touches and passes.

Just not his best game but he always works hard and makes a lot of small plays that help the team.

Still don’t think he’s good enough to be a #1 striker… ideally we find a good winger (or two) and use richy and sonny at ST next season assuming we have Europe. They compliment each other well as sonny would have been a better ST in open games like today and richy is better against a parked bus.
Was he wasteful? I don’t think so, nothing was clear cut

Watched the game today while playing with my soon to be 3 year old son. Must have managed to look at the screen every time Richarlison made a mistake today, because that's all I saw!

I trust you guys he was better than that, I'll put the blame on my son for now. (Wrote his own name today whilst not even 3 years old, that's fucking cool isn't it? Think I could barely write mine when I started school)

Can’t fault his work rate. His fitness levels are incredible.

I thought he held the ball well but his touch and weight of pass were poor and he struggled to link up play. Any rate, he got it spot on for the winner so can’t be too pressed about it.

First time in a while he hasn't scored ....
Goal drought!
Yeah, 9 in 9 is not good enough.

Make him train with the U21’s…

To be honest, the assist of the assist (perfectly weighted pass onto Sons run, 96th minute) was more precious to me than a goal, as he’s been slightly lacking in that aspect, much more than goals of late.

Lacked end product but gets a free pass given what he's done for us over the last 2 months

Thought he had a good game overall though - he always brings a lot of physicality and intensity that we sometimes lack

His passing was atrocious most of the game.

Watch the first 5mins of the game back. He passes the ball out of play or to the opposition his first 3-4 passes. Killing all our momentum each time which let Brighton get a hold of the game. They were routine passes for any professional footballer.

He completely under hit a pass to put Madders in 1v1 on the edge of the box, and there were numerous other times his passing/touch slowed or stopped Spurs build up.

On this flip side, his movement off the ball was good, received the ball in some good positions, defensively worked hard, and eventually found a decisive moment in the build up to the winner.

I'm a Richarlison fan, but I would drop him next week for Son as Striker and Werner LW. Son has so much more quality to increase the speed of our play.

Worked really hard yet again. Seems to want to move the ball quickly when he gets it now and then get up the pitch. He’ll never be a world class striker but he’s a decent enough PL forward.

I go back to him and coaching. Has he really had that higher quality coaching that he’s getting now since moving to England? Watford and Everton and the managers he’s had doesn’t exactly scream top class.

Maybe under Ange more of his ability will come out, let’s hope so.

Worked really hard yet again. Seems to want to move the ball quickly when he gets it now and then get up the pitch. He’ll never be a world class striker but he’s a decent enough PL forward.

I go back to him and coaching. Has he really had that higher quality coaching that he’s getting now since moving to England? Watford and Everton and the managers he’s had doesn’t exactly scream top class.

Maybe under Ange more of his ability will come out, let’s hope so.
He’s also playing in a side that has more of the ball than their opponents and with players that can play

Back
Top Bottom