Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In a vacuum, I actually don’t mind him as a squad player, but obviously the £60m fee is an anchor and we’ll never get it back.

It’s up for the club to decide if it’s worth keeping him around as attacking depth (possibly stunting the likes of Veliz Scarlett and Donley), or selling at a loss.

Ahh well, win some, lose some.

Vicario, Udogie, Sarr, Bissouma was a combined £72mil on the flipside.
Great post

SAF always used to say 50% chance of a transfer working out. One expensive dud more than offset by those good value successes

3. Who is saying he has been poor?

Plenty.

The majority of posts seem balanced to me.

Then you must have a selective memory.... (also see your "should have sold him after the WC" comments).

My own view is he's a hard-working player and contributes (hence why Ange keeps picking him!) but doesn't score enough goals or add too much in terms of incisive passes. That's pretty fair and isn't abuse, saying he's rubbish, etc etc.

I don't really understand the nub of your post to be honest, this is a forum board to discuss players where we might make points about them that aren't wholly positive. As long as people are reasonable and balanced I don't see what the problem is. If you buy a 60m striker and they contribute 2 goals in 37 PL games it's reasonable to assume questions will be asked. Just because someone doesn't totally mirror your own view doesn't make it 'nonsense', btw.

I didn't say don't discuss him.

....And I didn't say that disagreeing with me automatically renders something "nonsense".

Plenty.

Then you must have a selective memory.... (also see your "should have sold him after the WC" comments).

I didn't say don't discuss him.

....And I didn't say that disagreeing with me automatically renders something "nonsense".
We'll have to disagree there because it seems to me the consensus is that he's a hard working and committed player who hasn't quite lived up to his billing. In that context his fee will always be cited as a point of detail.

We'll have to disagree there because it seems to me the consensus is that he's a hard working and committed player who hasn't quite lived up to his billing.

There's been more than enough to make my original comment warranted.

As I've already said; arguing otherwise is just selective memory-ism.

In that context his fee will always be cited as a point of detail.

That doesn't mean people shouldn't let it go and focus on what he can do for us rather than what we paid for him...... If you can't understand that it only serves to further propagate a burden upon him then that's on you.

You think it forms the basis for ANY of Anges thinking or treatment of the player?

....Nope. No chance.

he still started a game for us and we still picked up max points. go check his PPG when he starts league games for spurs. its right up there.

i dont enjoy watching him id rather watch gil. but you cant deny the fact that when he starts we get results.
His stats are better than Kane in tha respect but that obviously doesnt mean he is more useful than Kane. He's started assisting a few recently so at least thats a positive.

I mean against the chavs, there is absolutely no reason to leave him out for very average performers like Richarlison and Kulusevski imo.

- Kulu didn't have a good game against CP; but he hasn't been "very average" this season.
- Rich has done more so far this season to stake a claim to start than BJ. It's not always pretty but the fact is he's creating chances.

It's a big game......If Ange starts BJ it's a leap of faith; not because he's proven anything.

I'd start Rich and then bring BJ on to go at their tiring legs.

- Kulu didn't have a good game against CP; but he hasn't been "very average" this season.
- Rich has done more so far this season to stake a claim to start than BJ. It's not always pretty but the fact is he's creating chances.

It's a big game......If Ange starts BJ it's a leap of faith; not because he's proven anything.

I'd start Rich and then bring BJ on to go at their tiring legs.
After last Friday I would start Johnson over an obviously struggling Richarlison (don't really buy into this 'chelsea is his type of game' idea), Son and probably Kulusevski, but let's see what the big man comes up with.

His stats are better than Kane in tha respect but that obviously doesnt mean he is more useful than Kane. He's started assisting a few recently so at least thats a positive.
yea hes not great technically but on occasions he can pull stuff off. hes defo not dead weight out there thats for sure, his work off the ball is relentless. hes not exactly pretty on the eye but as long as hes contributing to results its irrelevant.

I think its probably fair to say he's been a little 'under whelming' partly due to last season being pretty poor for many of the players with the World Cup in the middle of the season being responsible for a lot of injuries in 2nd half of season and poor form.

He's not been a 'standout' this season either, partly because we've got players like Son, Maddison, Van de Venn, Romero, Vicario and others having very good seasons.

But it would be wrong to say he's been poor or not contributed this season - his goal and 3 assists in 10 PL games this season makes him the 3rd highest goal contributor behind Son (8 goals, 1 assist) and Maddison (3 goals, 5 assists). I suspect some individual 'man management' and maybe finishing coaching would help him increase his numbers.

Johnson coming in, if he can replicate his link up play with Son and Maddison from the Palace game, might take some pressure off him too.

I think Richarlison has been poor.

Blinkered ones obv.

He’s ran about a bit and had a couple of alright games whilst missing every chance under the sun.

You know why you’re so forgiving? We’ve won the games he missed sitters in. If we didn’t, he’d be getting a shit load more stick.

His xG to goals ratio is horrendous. Absolutely pitiful. He can’t even chat back to Callum Wilson anymore because Wilson’s so much better than him.

Back
Top Bottom