Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He definitely needs a sports psychologist if he doesn't have one already.

This is going to sound wrong since Richy is a striker, and strikers are 9 times out of 10 judged on their goals. But he also needs to start feeling like he contributes even if he doesn't score. He's not a bad player and contributes in the press and build up. But those things are hard to celebrate like a goal or an assist.
Brazil no9.

Following on from Kane at Spurs.

Between these two roles, He’s created his own pressure cooker in his head unfortunately.

This is going to sound wrong since Richy is a striker, and strikers are 9 times out of 10 judged on their goals. But he also needs to start feeling like he contributes even if he doesn't score. He's not a bad player and contributes in the press and build up. But those things are hard to celebrate like a goal or an assist.
Has the club not got one of these on the payroll?

Like I do feel sorry for him, seeing him crying and all, but the guy has 1 premier league goal in 31 games.

That's seriously like twice as bad in terms of goals per game as Soldado.

By comparison, Vincent Janssen, perhaps the worst player I've ever seen play for Tottenham, had twice as many goals and played the same amount of league games as Richarlison.

I'd love to see him do well but I'm not sure there's a way back for him, mentally.

Am I crazy to think Richy is pretty selfish for being “inconsolable” when Brazil won the match 5-1.

He also lost his head when we were beating Bournemouth by a goal. Got a yellow - it could have really cost us if got a red.

I know he wants to score but it’s not like he’s been frozen out of the squad or singled out for criticism by the manager - and we and Brazil are winning matches - It’s a team game.

Needs to clear his head, just put his head down and focus/keep working - and for stay off social media. Ange seems like a pretty no-nonsense kind of guy so Richy’s current mentality may not going over too well.
I think he's more obsessed with doing his little chicken dance as and when he next scores... THAT will tell us all we need to know about him...

He's a Meme's Dream!!

That's the thing, he DOES contribute, Ange has said as much
... but he's a striker, strikers are MEANT to score goals...

If we'd bought him as a creative midfielder or winger (which actually I thought he was supposed to be) the goalscoring pressure wouldn't be on him as much...

Look at Kulu or Maddison, they're not out and out goalscoreres, and as such can be left to create, and)or score without the burden of HAVING to score to justify selection...

It strikes me (no pun intended) that Richie is ALL about himself, and his goals, and if he isn't doing THAT, then he's a little lost, and gets quite petulant.

If he started enjoying his teams success and less time obsessing about himself he will start scoring again. Being self absorbed won't help him. Someone close to him need to tell him this.

Like I do feel sorry for him, seeing him crying and all, but the guy has 1 premier league goal in 31 games.

By comparison, Vincent Janssen, perhaps the worst player I've ever seen play for Tottenham, had twice as many goals and played the same amount of league games as Richarlison.

I'd love to see him do well but I'm not sure there's a way back for him, mentally.

For comparison in all comps:

Janssen started 12 games for us. Scored 6 goals (2 non penalties) and got 4 assists.

Soldado started 47 games for us. Scored 16 goals (11 no penalties) and got 11 assists

Richarlison has started 21 games for us. Scored 4 goals and got 4 assists.

Poor all round.

Best thing for him to do is to to revert back to the game he was playing when at Everton because whatever he's being asked to do now is fucking him right up.

His head is dropping lower every game and the effort he's putting has reduced to the point where he's not even pressing hard enough to fall over anymore.

Hope he pulls it around but can't see it, most of the problem is in his mind.

He definitely needs to adjust his attitude at this point. Play with some joy. When you play angry all the time and then you go through a rough patch, you just start forcing things more, not a good recipe. It's ok to hold yourself to a high standard, but the guys who pout when their team dominates because they don't score usually don't last. Ronaldo level sht without the pedigree to excuse it to a degree.

Are saying Ricky has played centre forward for a while 31 games……get real for Gods sake.

For comparison in all comps:

Janssen started 12 games for us. Scored 6 goals (2 non penalties) and got 4 assists.

Soldado started 47 games for us. Scored 16 goals (11 no penalties) and got 11 assists

Richarlison has started 21 games for us. Scored 4 goals and got 4 assists.

Poor all round.
You keep posting these stats but you never give a link for them so we can see context.

Tomorrow’s Daily Mail saying he was subject of a deadline day bid from Al Ittihad in Saudi.

Maybe a January option if he doesn’t hit the mark in the next couple of months?

Back
Top Bottom