Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Easy decision I suspect..... Unless Son's inclusion at CF was merely tactical.

I'd also be keen to see what diff. it would make to Rich with MS/IP at left wing rather than Son (Rich scored last time)....... The attack as a whole looked better v Burnley. That's not solely down to Rich's exclusion.
I'll be disappointed if I walk out of SS station at 2pm and he's starting the game.
Yeah, it's tough. SheffU will likely play us radically differently than Burnley did. We're going to have to play in front of them rather than behind them. And yet how do you change the first great looking performance from the front 3?

My guess will be Son Richy Johnson across the front, but I could imagine a lot of different combos.

Much llike Rich last season then.... Only he was played on his weak side; just to make life even more diffucult.

....in fact, things were less focused on Kane back then. CE & Dele were filling their boots just fine.

Oh and he had a significant amount of time inhured too.

Who only got 2 starts as an ST.

Facts matter.
Yea i guess we will see if he wins a golden boot like Son :pocheyes:

Yeah, it's tough. SheffU will likely play us radically differently than Burnley did. We're going to have to play in front of them rather than behind them. And yet how do you change the first great looking performance from the front 3?

My guess will be Son Richy Johnson across the front, but I could imagine a lot of different combos.

Do you think dropping Rich for Burnley was tactical then...?

a team camped in youd think kulu would actually be ideal. not seen enough of johnson but everyone basically saying hes all about space in behind, complete opposite to kulu

if they are going to flood their box with numbers perisic/rich/kulu would be the best three to get crosses in on a flooded box with rich trying to get onto them. unless maddison and bissouma are going to start dancing around cunts to get into the box and cause panic

get two goals up, they open up and then you bring son and johnson on to get in behind and finish them off

That's ok mate.... People aren't blind to the bias..... Regardless of cute strawmanning retorts.
If you want facts.. He scored 1/4th of goals from Son's first season. So this season following the same trajectory as Son he will score between 3 or 4.

What bias? We all wanted him to succeed. He's just turned out to be shit.

Do you think dropping Rich for Burnley was tactical then...?
A happy confluence of a compelling tactical reason for a switch Ange was probably tempted to make anyway.

But you sit Richy for a game where that tactical reason has gone and you're sending a different kind of message. Is Richy just a bench player now? I'm scared of where that goes, but I also don't think his performances merit starting.

I don't claim to have a good answer here, I think it's a tough call.

A happy confluence of a compelling tactical reason for a switch Ange was probably tempted to make anyway.

But you sit Richy for a game where that tactical reason has gone and you're sending a different kind of message. Is Richy just a bench player now? I'm scared of where that goes, but I also don't think his performances merit starting.

I don't claim to have a good answer here, I think it's a tough call.

It's interesting, if not for the fact that the difference between Burnley & Sheff also stands to suit BJ v Kulu and Son v Solomon v Perisic in a similar way.

Do we get a bespoke front 3 each week?

TBC.

Facts matter but only the way you want them to matter. Sometimes..:pocheyes:

Meh.

Mate your argument is crap if you're not gonna compare like for like positions and predicaments.

What you're doing here has been successfully shat upon a multitude of times in this thread already.

.....It doesn't dignify a fully fledged re-tread.

Last edited:
If you want facts.. He scored 1/4th of goals from Son's first season. So this season following the same trajectory as Son he will score between 3 or 4.

What bias? We all wanted him to succeed. He's just turned out to be shit.
More facts - Beginning from the 20-21 season, Son has scored 52 non penalty league goals to Richy’s 14. So 1/4 (or 1/3.5) isn’t just their first seasons - it’s the last 3+ seasons. Past performance isn’t a guarantee of future results of course but -

Anyway Richy’s last two seasons at Everton, he scored one non-penalty league goal every 414 minutes - or a goal every 4.5 games. Obviously, it gets worse if you include Richy’s time with us to one every 473 minutes. Meanwhile, Son has had a goal every 179 minutes - 1 in 2 over the same time period.

Richy was a lot better in his first two years at Everton on 18/19 and 19/20 - but he’s been in poor goal scoring form for a while now.

Excuses can be compelling for a while (didn’t play enuf up front, injuries, first season at a big club, Everton didn’t have enuf surrounding talent) - but at some point, attacking players just have to consistently put the ball in the back of the net - end of.

Richy’s like a defensive forward at this point - which works great if you have Vini Jr, Neymar and Rodrygo as the other attacking players - but if you don’t have a world class 10 and world class attacking wingers - maybe not so much.

Anyway he needs to keep his head down and keep working - hopefully it “clicks” at some point and he’s back to 2019 form.

Last edited:
as some of us said when the club got richy "WHY"
the guy has never been a good striker
and we are now stuck with another big loss on the books
I know many on here will love him (I loved Soldado and thought he wasn't helped by the way we played)

He needs therapy or something, he's in a completely wrong headspace.

Very few come out the other side of this sort of lack of confidence. It affected pretty much the rest of Soldados career.

If Richy has half the mentality of Emerson Royal, he'll get through it. We as Spurs fans can only back him.

a team camped in youd think kulu would actually be ideal. not seen enough of johnson but everyone basically saying hes all about space in behind, complete opposite to kulu

if they are going to flood their box with numbers perisic/rich/kulu would be the best three to get crosses in on a flooded box with rich trying to get onto them. unless maddison and bissouma are going to start dancing around cunts to get into the box and cause panic

get two goals up, they open up and then you bring son and johnson on to get in behind and finish them off

I think you just pick the best attackers. This myth that pace is nullified by teams the sit deep does my fucking head in as well. Did Klopp bench Salah and Mane when Liverpool played wank teams that sit deep? No, he just unleashed hell and those players destroyed those teams, sometimes using their speed to run past opponents on and off the ball.

Back
Top Bottom