Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems a bit isolated as a lone striker, He would work well in a 4-4-2 with Son, remains to be seen if Ange would use that against parking-the-bus lower teams

Yes, rubbish. He has scored in one league match for us and can barely hold the ball up.
And how was Son's scoring record for spurs in his first season?

Richarlison has only started his second season for spurs( first proper season considering last season was a Conte-train wreck where only kane was the saving grace).

This kind of knee-jerk conclusion on players is why Spurs lost the likes of Trippier and tried to replace him with Royal.

Richarlison has only started his second season for spurs( first proper season considering last season was a Conte-train wreck where only kane was the saving grace).

This kind of knee-jerk conclusion on players is why Spurs lost the likes of Trippier and tried to replace him with Royal.

Trippier had quality that was obvious from day one. His crosses and passes in the final third were excellent. His qualities as a player were clear straight away.

What are Richarlison’s qualities? He is not a raw kid like Son, he should be in his prime. He is not fast, he is not strong, he technique is unreliable for passing, shooting and controlling the ball, he doesn’t create chances or finish them. He doesn’t take set pieces or have a good shot from distance. He dives all the time looking for cheap fouls. He is a very insecure personality and gets more ratty with every single game where he continues to play poorly and fails to score. He is becoming a joke with players like Antonio ridiculing him on the radio.

Yeah he runs around a bit and tries to be tenacious, but academy players can do that. What have people seen in this player that makes them think a resurrection is possible? I hope I’m wrong and he turns it around because we can’t afford another £60m flop, but I don‘t think he’s got it in him.

What are Richarlison’s qualities?
Work rate, shithousing, agent of chaos first and foremost, plus strong in the air, hold up play, tricks and flicks, he's been a good PL player for a long time.

But very much an immature character as you say and shorn of confidence in a team where the quality level is higher and he doesn't have rhythm with his teammates it's all falling apart.

It's a disaster right now. And I don't think he was ever worth 60M even in this market. But I don't agree with the revisionist history that he was always some clogger hiding in plain sight.

Yes, rubbish. He has scored in one league match for us and can barely hold the ball up.

Amazing how this is controversial. ONE league goal. In approx 1200/1300 minutes of fucking football for a striker/wide forward.

He is rubbish FOR SPURS. For other clubs/his country he has been decent. But at this football club his record is a straight up disgrace. We would be pissing our sides if Woolwich signed a 60m forward and he had 1 goal in 1300 minutes of league football.

In that same timeframe Jesus has 12 league goals despite 2 bad knee injuries and we still have fans pretending Richarlison is better because some NT manager picks him. He's been a total shocker/disaster of a signing by any definiton.

4 in 1100 minutes. Which is more than 4x the rate Richarlison is currently scoring and Son was a young, raw player not a 60m striker signing in his prime.

'Knee jerk' isn't the case over this timeframe. He hasn't even slightly improved.

Work rate, shithousing, agent of chaos first and foremost, plus strong in the air, hold up play, tricks and flicks, he's been a good PL player for a long time.

But very much an immature character as you say and shorn of confidence in a team where the quality level is higher and he doesn't have rhythm with his teammates it's all falling apart.

It's a disaster right now. And I don't think he was ever worth 60M even in this market. But I don't agree with the revisionist history that he was always some clogger hiding in plain sight.
think you posted in the wrong thread this is the Richarlison thread

Son played as a winger where the attacks were focussed for Kane to score. Richarlison is a striker who scored 1 goal in a whole season.

Did you think this through?

Son got 4 league goals and 8 in total across 40 games. He wasn't a regular starter. He also came from a different country, didn't speak much English, didn't have 5 seasons of PL football to his name and was a fair bit younger AND played out wide

Richarlison has done next to nothing at all to warrant a start for us. He could hide behind being in and out of the team last season but that wasn't the case in 4 straight games this season. That was further compounded by the outrageous increase in our attacking output when he was dropped.

I also believe we scored goals against United, Bournemouth and (obviously) Burnley whilst he wasn't on the pitch. Which means of the 11 goals we've scored in the league, 7 of them came when he wasn't even on the pitch.

He's nothing more than a lump we can throw on for 20 minutes if we need goal, absolutely not a starter.

Son played as a winger where the attacks were focussed for Kane to score.

Much llike Rich last season then.... Only he was played on his weak side; just to make life even more diffucult.

....in fact, things were less focused on Kane back then. CE & Dele were filling their boots just fine.

Oh and he had a significant amount of time inhured too.

Richarlison is a striker who scored 1 goal in a whole season.

Who only got 2 starts as an ST.

Facts matter.

Who only got 2 starts as an ST.

Facts matter.
We weren't asking for goals from Richy for a lot of last year, and his performances were often pretty good. Kane was at his best with Richy as his caddy.

As the CF this year he's been awful, Ange's words of encouragement notwithstanding.

Difficult decision for Sheffield United.

We weren't asking for goals from Richy for a lot of last year, and his performances were often pretty good. Kane was at his best with Richy as his caddy.

As the CF this year he's been awful, Ange's words of encouragement notwithstanding.

Easy decision I suspect..... Unless Son's inclusion at CF was merely tactical.

I'd also be keen to see what diff. it would make to Rich with MS/IP at left wing rather than Son (Rich scored last time)....... The attack as a whole looked better v Burnley. That's not solely down to Rich's exclusion.

I'll be disappointed if I walk out of SS station at 2pm and he's starting the game.

Back
Top Bottom