Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

as some of us said when the club got richy "WHY"
the guy has never been a good striker
and we are now stuck with another big loss on the books
I know many on here will love him (I loved Soldado and thought he wasn't helped by the way we played)
Soldado was weak physically and mentally.

To this day, It angers me how many excuses were made for him, how much protection he got. Basically the Eric Dier of forwards.

A half interested Adebayor and a rookie Kane scored at a regular enough rate in the same role.

Am I crazy to think Richy is pretty selfish for being “inconsolable” when Brazil won the match 5-1.

He also lost his head when we were beating Bournemouth by a goal. Got a yellow - it could have really cost us if got a red.

I know he wants to score but it’s not like he’s been frozen out of the squad or singled out for criticism by the manager - and we and Brazil are winning matches - It’s a team game.

Needs to clear his head, just put his head down and focus/keep working - and for stay off social media. Ange seems like a pretty no-nonsense kind of guy so Richy’s current mentality may not going over too well.

Last edited:
I think you just pick the best attackers. This myth that pace is nullified by teams the sit deep does my fucking head in as well. Did Klopp bench Salah and Mane when Liverpool played wank teams that sit deep? No, he just unleashed hell and those players destroyed those teams, sometimes using their speed to run past opponents on and off the ball.
Totally agree, would barca drop messi, Ronaldo get benched, mbappe, etc. there will always be moments in games when oppo are in our half like corners. So you still need pace. Also in and around the pen box a little burst of pace will take you past players. We play our best forwards who are in the best form and in their best positions. Let the oppo worry about them first rather we try to shoehorn or accommodate players who may or may not be better against certain teams.

Soldado was weak physically and mentally.

To this day, It angers me how many excuses were made for him, how much protection he got. Basically the Eric Dier of forwards.

A half interested Adebayor and a rookie Kane scored at a regular enough rate in the same role.

Soldado got alot of free passes because he was great on social media and seemed to 'Get Spurs'

That connection goes a long way with Spurs fans, I think.

Take Janssen for example, who worked hard for the team but didnt interact with the Spurs fans like Soldado did. Both were as bad as eachother when it came to scoring for this club but one is held in much higher esteem.

Am I crazy to think Richy is pretty selfish for being “inconsolable” when Brazil won the match 5-1.

He also lost his head when we were beating Bournemouth by a goal. Got a yellow - it could have really cost us if got a red.

I know he wants to score but it’s not like he’s been frozen out of the squad or singled out for criticism by the manager - and we and Brazil are winning matches - It’s a team game.

Needs to straighten out his head. Ange seems like a pretty no-nonsense kind of guy so Richy’s current mentality may not going over too well.
100%. His a highly paid professional sportsman in a team game ffs. His not waking up at 5 am to work in a steaming hot flavela sweat shop making fake t shirts. He needs to grow a pair. However I don’t think it is just confidence it’s also his not actually that good. This confidence BS can only go so far. In pre season he scores a hatrick v some farmers, Kane leaves, he gets the top spot, Ange backs him and yet his low on confidence. Regardless of his goal scoring ability he has shown nothing with the ball. No clever little passes, hold up play, receiving the ball under pressure , etc. all the things needed for the CF role in anges system.

3 posts later...

Our fucking fans, honestly...
Completely forgetting that the only rational thing to do is get behind the player as well.

Most of us want him to succeed because that’s good for the club.

Even those that are agnostic to his personal success have to realize who our chairman is and the worse he plays, the more value he loses, which means the less likely he is to get sold and then longer he stays

Probably doesn't help that large numbers of our cunty fans are slagging him off all the time.
He’s a professional - We are idiot fans - He needs to be able to tune us out/ignore us. Not like he’s getting abuse at the stadium (and rightfully so). So he needs stay off social media - focus on the job.

He can ask Emerson for advice on being the consummate professional/having a strong mentality.

Last edited:
He needs therapy or something, he's in a completely wrong headspace.
He definitely needs a sports psychologist if he doesn't have one already.

This is going to sound wrong since Richy is a striker, and strikers are 9 times out of 10 judged on their goals. But he also needs to start feeling like he contributes even if he doesn't score. He's not a bad player and contributes in the press and build up. But those things are hard to celebrate like a goal or an assist.

I’ve only come onto this thread because I stumbled across something on SM showing him crying after being subbed by Brazil.

Genuine question for those who’ve seen him in the shirts of other teams, is he any good? Genuinely?

If I’m basing it on what I’ve seen in a Spurs shirt, then the answer is no. Poor touch, lacks composure and falls over a lot. I can see that he might be a handful with his quick (erratic) movement. Not bad in the air, follows shots in for rebounds.

Is it poor scouting on our part (Levy DNA) and a knee jerk £60m buy or is there something there that once he gets on a run, he’ll come good?

I’ve only come onto this thread because I stumbled across something on SM showing him crying after being subbed by Brazil.

Genuine question for those who’ve seen him in the shirts of other teams, is he any good? Genuinely?

If I’m basing it on what I’ve seen in a Spurs shirt, then the answer is no. Poor touch, lacks composure and falls over a lot. I can see that he might be a handful with his quick (erratic) movement. Not bad in the air, follows shots in for rebounds.

Is it poor scouting on our part (Levy DNA) and a knee jerk £60m buy or is there something there that once he gets on a run, he’ll come good?
Seen him look much better for Brazil in the WC and he single-handedly kept Everton in the prem. getting results against good teams.

But… starting to reach the conclusion he’s too closely linked to Conte’s time here. For him and the club it probably needs to be his last season

I think you just pick the best attackers. This myth that pace is nullified by teams the sit deep does my fucking head in as well. Did Klopp bench Salah and Mane when Liverpool played wank teams that sit deep? No, he just unleashed hell and those players destroyed those teams, sometimes using their speed to run past opponents on and off the ball.
mane and salah had a bit more about them and can work in tight spaces. just like mbappe can. son doesnt know what to do when he is faced with a brick wall.

weve seen this hundreds of times now its nothing new. he gets joy when he has space in and around their box, horses for courses. its the same way you dont want PEH in a midfield when youre trying to play actual football and keep the ball moving smoothly, but you have him when youre trying to settle it down and just lock it up. certain players fit certain situations. son is one of them.

youve got years of data on son now, if you havent worked out that hes been shit against sides camped in then im not sure what youre seeing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom