Revised Expectations For The Season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In light of the sacking of Tottenham's sexiest ever manager, how should we realistically view this season now in terms of objectives?

I'm strangely relieved that AVB's sacking should relieve some of the pressure on this campaign. Maybe we can start enjoying watching Spurs again?

All depends when the permanent manager is appointed. If we have an interim till the end of the season, the season is essentially a write off and anything we achieve is just a bonus.

I have to say Im more optimistic having no direction (as of yet) than continuing in AVBs direction. The first sign of change we have seen is him actually leaving.

Im still sad though.

In light of the sacking of Tottenham's sexiest ever manager, how should we realistically view this season now in terms of objectives?

I'm strangely relieved that AVB's sacking should relieve some of the pressure on this campaign. Maybe we can start enjoying watching Spurs again?

Unless we start winning every week playing glorious football I still think people will continue to moan. With the money we have spent people expect us to be putting teams to the sword on a regular basis and while we should definately be playing better than we have been, it is not practical that that things are suddenly going to completely change imo. Maybe i'm just a pessimistic git:memeokay:

Unless we start winning every week playing glorious football I still think people will continue to moan. With the money we have spent people expect us to be putting teams to the sword on a regular basis and while we should definately be playing better than we have been, it is not practical that that things are suddenly going to completely change imo. Maybe i'm just a pessimistic git:memeokay:

If we win the league I will still moan that we could have won it better.

Its what I do.

Win the league or die trying
I'll book the wake now, do you want vol au vents or sausage rolls?

We will never win the League under ENIC, unless they change their penny pinching ways, and when's that gonna happen? The Twelfth of Never is my prediction.

For those who don't know, this summer far from spending a lot of money, our net spend was the lowest in the Prem. Yep lower than Hull, Palace, whoever. We apparently had a negative net spend. Even allowing for agents fees, we spent approximately nothing in net terms.

@ Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever You are such a negative old curmudgeon. Of course 4th is achievable. Wed have to work bloody hard but look at where we are after 4 months of playing terrible negative football. We're in touch and we have played everyone above us. Southampton, West Brom & Stoke are eminently winnable and there are a lot of people around us playing each other over the Christmas period.

Lighten the fuck up you doom-monger.

I'll book the wake now, do you want vol au vents or sausage rolls?

We will never win the League under ENIC, unless they change their penny pinching ways, and when's that gonna happen? The Twelfth of Never is my prediction.

For those who don't know, this summer far from spending a lot of money, our net spend was the lowest in the Prem. Yep lower than Hull, Palace, whoever. We apparently had a negative net spend. Even allowing for agents fees, we spent approximately nothing in net terms.
Yeah, and we cut our wage bill by over a 100k a week

I think we are safe from relegation.
With our interim Head Coach who is yet to manage a single game in his life? His assitant who is yet to manage a single game in his life? and the other guy has at least managed something, Charleston Battery in the minor soccer league in the US and England U20's, I have to say any expectations above mid table would have to be looked upon as favourable.
If we get a coach of repute (Head of my list is De Boer) in by 1st Jan then we can expect 7th or 6th. But the most important expectation is that we see the squad show signs of playing well. We are in desperate need of an identity, a style of play. By the end of this season the players and supporters have to believe that this squad are capable of achieving something.

Back
Top Bottom