Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham.jpg

King Olav of Norway at White Hart Lane, 30th October 1965, where he watched his favourite team Tottenham Hotspur play against West Bromwich Albion. Spurs won 2-1. The king has lit a celebratory cigar. Who the lady on the king's left is, is not known by the photograph description.
Seems like a good chap. Wanted to stay behind during the nazi occupation while the government went in exile I heard.
No idea he was a Spurs fan!

Married his first cousin! :mourweird:

Seems like a good chap. Wanted to stay behind during the nazi occupation while the government went in exile I heard.
No idea he was a Spurs fan!

Married his first cousin! :mourweird:
To be fair, his son King Harald has told he was a gooner and that himself opposed this and became a Spurs fan.
On his choice of marriage I guess there wasn’t alot of acceptable options at the time.

Back
Top Bottom