Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For well over 35 years, there were always 3 or 4 women standing over the tunnel in the Enclosure.
The people and the banner changed, but the gender remained the same.
I liked to get near the tunnel when I could, it was an extra 10p to get in the Enclosure, so had to be a special occasion! :)

Seeing these old photos reminded me that I used to have a few Spurs scrap books with photos and match reports glued in.
I decided to get rid of them and a few weeks later (I am not making this up) there was a Spot the Ball competition with a photo I used to have.

I liked to get near the tunnel when I could, it was an extra 10p to get in the Enclosure, so had to be a special occasion! :)
That was a great place to stand by the tunnel, and made for some interesting banter with away fans! I had a standing season ticket in the enclosure up until we got shifted to the middle of the shelf when the new west stand was built. Was popular with those who previously frequnted that area of the shlf, but they simply moved down to what became the cage, and the rest is history.

Seeing these old photos reminded me that I used to have a few Spurs scrap books with photos and match reports glued in.
I decided to get rid of them and a few weeks later (I am not making this up) there was a Spot the Ball competition with a photo I used to have.
I still have 3 scrapbooks at home from the late 70's and early 80's.
Plenty of match tickets inside. Away to Liverpool amongst them. The 7-0 game. A quid to get in.

That was a great place to stand by the tunnel, and made for some interesting banter with away fans! I had a standing season ticket in the enclosure up until we got shifted to the middle of the shelf when the new west stand was built. Was popular with those who previously frequnted that area of the shlf, but they simply moved down to what became the cage, and the rest is history.
Even when the Enclosure was ST holders only, you could still bung the bloke on the turnstiles some dosh.
Last time I stood there was the game against Man Utd in 1980.

The photo with Gerry Armstrong in it, looks like the league game at the library in '77.
They had his name as Neil Armstrong on the back of the programme.
Gerry said he was over the moon when he saw that.
Side issue with that photo of all the Tottenham shirts in the era I’ve never noticed the Umbro motif before.

I think that's the annual Blues v Whites pre-season game. (first team v reserves)
Could be Mel Hopkins in the blue shirt.
Okay is that what they meant whites v blues? one of the match programme 60/61 season has included that fixture but it’s a bit elusive! I took it to be a friendly v combination select

83-EC61-FB-3-D3-F-4-CD4-B124-4356334-FA447.jpg

Love that, as the caption said - What a night! I couldn't watch our penalties, but as we won it by Parksey saving their penalty, I didn't miss out on the euphoria of that winning moment. I still get chills thinking about that game and that night. By the time I got home, I only had a couple of hours kip, and had to go to work the next morning, but funnily enough I was floating on air for days. Who needs drugs???? Better than sex, chocolate and blueberry muffins!!!

Love that, as the caption said - What a night! I couldn't watch our penalties, but as we won it by Parksey saving their penalty, I didn't miss out on the euphoria of that winning moment. I still get chills thinking about that game and that night. By the time I got home, I only had a couple of hours kip, and had to go to work the next morning, but funnily enough I was floating on air for days. Who needs drugs???? Better than sex, chocolate and blueberry muffins!!!
What an album that was Mrs P! 😉

Back
Top Bottom