Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jd0AuaH.jpg

A jolly day out.....

Stevenage skins. That lot had their own band as well"Paint house" a skinhead reggae band. Never did anything though,and were a bit before my time.If they had stuck it out a bit longer they may have cracked it with 2Tone.
Did Tottenham have a big skinhead following? If the picture is the 70s Tottenham wouldn’t have been the only club though.

Did Tottenham have a big skinhead following? If the picture is the 70s Tottenham wouldn’t have been the only club though.
In the original days(from what I can gather )all London clubs had a skinhead following. When it came back they did as well,but Woolwich seemed to get out of it quicker than the others. I remember one midweek game in 1980 everyone below 20 in the shelf seemed to be a skinhead or wearing skinhead regalia. Never saw it quite like that again though. Fashion's fashion though,it past for the majority on to the next big thing

In the original days(from what I can gather )all London clubs had a skinhead following. When it came back they did as well,but Woolwich seemed to get out of it quicker than the others. I remember one midweek game in 1980 everyone below 20 in the shelf seemed to be a skinhead or wearing skinhead regalia. Never saw it quite like that again though. Fashion's fashion though,it past for the majority on to the next big thing
The skinhead era then was possibly different from a couple of decades on "modern" skinheads are the national front ect or associated the far right! bit ironic if we did have a skinhead following coincidering we have the "yids" Jewish connection.

The skinhead era then was possibly different from a couple of decades on "modern" skinheads are the national front ect or associated the far right! bit ironic if we did have a skinhead following coincidering we have the "yids" Jewish connection.
Not necessarily. Loads of skinheads were not much different to the ones that had come earlier, particurly the ones that got into it via 2tone. The right wing thing was over played by the media anyway.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Loads of skinheads were not much different to the ones that had come earlier,part particultge ones that got into it via 2tone. The right wing thing was over played by the media anyway.
Totally agree, I was an original skinhead and got back into it 2nd time around as love the clothing.
Still by the clothing now. Only wear Levi's when I buy jeans and it has to be Ben Sherman Shirts, also have 4 Harrington jackets.

Totally agree, I was an original skinhead and got back into it 2nd time around as love the clothing.
Still by the clothing now. Only wear Levi's when I buy jeans and it has to be Ben Sherman Shirts, also have 4 Harrington jackets.
Fred Perry shirts or were they more mod and they ain’t cheap. Harrington’s burgundy was neat.

Me too, it was definitely just a fashion and music thing though. You were either a skinhead - Motown and reggae - or hippie. Never wore Doc Martens though, brogue shoes with striped laces.

Me too, it was definitely just a fashion and music thing though. You were either a skinhead - Motown and reggae - or hippie. Never wore Doc Martens though, brogue shoes with striped laces.
Any photos? My mate is always looking for old photos for flyers for his old school reggae nights.
You could be universally famous then,not just among us Spurs fans :)

Back
Top Bottom