Remembering Ian Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

l was once ( only once in the players bar after a Euro game , guest of Chris Perry) .
Walkers father was waiting for him who l think had been Everton manager or was .
When he arrived he had the charisma of a dead parrot. Lacked any social cohesion .
Chris was a wonderful bloke and Ginola held court like a Recency dandy , polite , warm and engaging. Drinks were free.

Awful keeper that I'm sure the makers of the matrix film modelled that lean back move on.

The way he could lean out the way of the ball then laugh as he picked it out the back of the net was fuckin surreal

Amazing - read the title and thought 'gone too soon.'

Realised he's not dead and then remembered how calamitous he was, and yet at the time he was one of our 'star players'.

Makes me realise how, despite all the whinging, we are currently in a very very good place.

Remember him smiling when he let a howler in against Liverpool. The PA played 'we gotta get outta this place' at the end of the game.
Was that the bobble? More of the groundsman’s fault perhaps... and I remember a pretty hideous reaction from a lot of our fans. Horrible atmosphere at times back then.

Doing well over in China.

4sy3FKsI_400x400.jpg

Walker represents the early years of my spurs support so I have a soft spot for him .Plus he went through hell with his wife's cancer.

I do seem to remember that he would take forever to distribute the ball and would get a cheer on the rare occasion he did throw it out quickly

Back
Top Bottom