Refs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No EPL refs selected for the world cup next year apparently.... Says it all really.

...Can't 'relegate' them all to the championship.

Clattenburg in 'utter utter cunt' shocker.

He, Poll and Webb were among the worst referees I've seen in the last 30 years but yet seemed to get all the big games because they were 'personalities'. Webb was among the worst (IMO) because he never made a tough decision if he thought it might be contentious and therefore damage his 'brand'.

No EPL refs selected for the world cup next year apparently.... Says it all really.

...Can't 'relegate' them all to the championship.

The refs need to be better paid imo, make them near on impossible to be bunged.

There are games where £50M is at stake and the ref is paid £150k per year........

If they were paid an amount commensurate with the game then ex-players would start doing it and the standard would rise very quickly.

What a bizarre world we live in that a ref can come forward and admit that they play by their own rules and not the rules of the game - yet managers get fined if they say that a referee has had a poor performance.

This is very disappointing to hear from a Ref. The law of football exists, it is the same law all over the world, yet Clattenburg who's job is to ensure the game is played within those laws chose to ignore the laws of the game, what's worse than that is it was premeditated!!

I have no issue with a ref "managing" a game, by that if they have shown leniency for a decision early on in the game so that the game can flow better all well and good, so long as it is communicated to the players that is what he's trying to do and that the leniency is applied to both sides. If the game fails to settle down and yellow carded infringements continue, then he has to show authority and ref the game by the law because clearly the players are taking the piss.

He's clearly missing the limelight in Saudi, this again shows the ego's that ref's have, without any doubt English Ref's have a massive ego issues, all with one eye one a media career when they hang up their cards.
5Y2svZW.gif

Seems like the perfect thread to dump this in...[Mark Clattenburg: I allowed Tottenham to self-destruct against Chelsea in 2016

I mean, what the ACTUAL FUCK?
:dembele::kanehand::pochwtf::hugoshock::levystare:

So, if I have this straight, here's what he's implying.

1. He was biased before the match and had a game plan for how he was going to let us hang ourselves and for us to "lose the title".

2. He is admitting that he kept players on the pitch, even though both sides were participating in dangerous tackles, and potentially put players in harms way just so he wouldn't get the attention.

3. He personally benefited from the way he managed the game, as well as the final outcome.

Is this going to go without any type of repercussions for him?

Seems like the perfect thread to dump this in...[Mark Clattenburg: I allowed Tottenham to self-destruct against Chelsea in 2016

What a CUNT! I clearly remember him letting a number of the Chavs off with a few dirty tackles early in the match. Yet he’s admitted to getting our players wound up, then getting card happy against them.

He’s generally had it in for us, seem to remember him giving decisions whenever we played Utd. Mendes goal being the start of his career against us.

I’ll say it again, fake haired CUNT!

Who remembers Roger Kirkpatrick ? Used to ref back in the 70s. He used to run backwards most of the time. Those "Pork Chops" and bald head used to set him apart.

Yeah read that today and thought, "what the fuck". He may have stopped referring here now but he has just opened himself up to questions instead of keeping quiet.

He's effectively suggesting that he was more interested in what people would think of him than doing his job properly.

If for instance he had got a grip on the game early on then we would probably not have had 9 yellows, probably not any reds either (as he suggested) and we may have held onto our lead in the game.

Having said that I wouldn't have had so much fun watching us implode!! :dembelelol:

Looking down the list of PL refs of the 18 listed I reckon just under half have fucked us over at some point:

Mike Dean, Jon Moss, Martin Atkinson, Kevin Friend, Andre Marriner, Neil Swarbrick, Anthony Taylor, Lee Mason.

Back
Top Bottom