Refs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking down the list of PL refs of the 18 listed I reckon just under half have fucked us over at some point:

Mike Dean, Jon Moss, Martin Atkinson, Kevin Friend, Andre Marriner, Neil Swarbrick, Anthony Taylor, Lee Mason.
I would bet my life that if you went on the forums of every club in the world there would be a variant on this post somewhere.

Or are you seriously suggesting there is a concerted campaign against us by referees and the media and who knows who else. If so, why?

Because we crucified the Lamb of God?

So, if I have this straight, here's what he's implying.

1. He was biased before the match and had a game plan for how he was going to let us hang ourselves and for us to "lose the title".

2. He is admitting that he kept players on the pitch, even though both sides were participating in dangerous tackles, and potentially put players in harms way just so he wouldn't get the attention.

3. He personally benefited from the way he managed the game, as well as the final outcome.

Is this going to go without any type of repercussions for him?

Not only did that shit lead to Chelsea finding their way back in to the game, it also lead to Dembele being suspended for six games, missing the start of the 16/17 season, possibly costing us the title. Should be sued by the club and Dembele, the cunt.

I would bet my life that if you went on the forums of every club in the world there would be a variant on this post somewhere.

Or are you seriously suggesting there is a concerted campaign against us by referees and the media and who knows who else. If so, why?

Because we crucified the Lamb of God?

No.

I was more highlighting that there are very few refs that don't fill me with dread when they are appointed to our games.

If every other team also has the same feeling then the refs must be really, really shit.

Some time ago I read an auto biography of a ref (can't remember his name , pre professional (early days of PL) he was a deputy head at harrow) . He said Alex Ferguson would look after him and most clubs in Europe the same wholly to influence thier judgement. Refs recieved from , top end watches to legs of Parma ham- silk ties to designer cloths. Ferguson had so much power he would stop a ref ever taking charge of a game at OT aagain if he wasn't happy with them, according to this chap.

Last edited:
No.

I was more highlighting that there are very few refs that don't fill me with dread when they are appointed to our games.

If every other team also has the same feeling then the refs must be really, really shit.
It's funny, if you hear the Spanish commentary of English games they are always really positive about the refs. Spanish ones are much worse, not least because they approach it like little Hitlers, there's no dialogue at all, they love showing a card with a dramatic flourish

Seems like the perfect thread to dump this in...[Mark Clattenburg: I allowed Tottenham to self-destruct against Chelsea in 2016

I mean, what the ACTUAL FUCK?
:dembele::kanehand::pochwtf::hugoshock::levystare:
Am I missing the point here? Saw the post but I assumed it was a windup. It is a Windup surely? Please God, someone tell me this is a windup?
:deledoubt::lamelashock::pochshock2::pochwtf::eriksenserious:
EDIT; OK, just saw the BBC link. Someone else posted the full interview on here somewhere though, with a lot of other stuff in there, that wasn't genuine was it?

I always thought he was an unprofessional piece of shit. Now the whole world knows.

Hopefully the rest of his life is made up of encounters with Spurs fans he’s calling upon to do a professional job for him, only for each and every one to have their own ‘game plan’ to fuck with him. For instance, if I were a plumber I’d loosen the pipes in his bathroom, block his drains with concrete, then probably just resort to drowning the rat in his own urine.

Paid up front of course.

After Spurs went 2-0 in the lead away to Chelsea, they started kicking Tottenham players and Clattenburg allowed them (to cost Tottenham's title as he said). The myth is that Spurs lost their heads, when Chelsea degraded the game under this referee who came in with an agenda.

And Paxman is 100% right! Poch gets nothing from these cheating refs who favour Woolwich & Chelsea, who both complain the most. Lets face it, the referees don't respect respect! The FA under the control of Sky have been anti-Spurs for over 10 years, it's only a few "born yesterday" snowflakes who like sand kicked in their faces and believe what the Sun says, who don't want Tottenham to stand up against this blatant cheating.

Every match, week in week out, Spurs play against 12 men.

After Spurs went 2-0 in the lead away to Chelsea, they started kicking Tottenham players and Clattenburg allowed them (to cost Tottenham's title as he said). The myth is that Spurs lost their heads, when Chelsea degraded the game under this referee who came in with an agenda.

And Paxman is 100% right! Poch gets nothing from these cheating refs who favour Woolwich & Chelsea, who both complain the most. Lets face it, the referees don't respect respect! The FA under the control of Sky have been anti-Spurs for over 10 years, it's only a few "born yesterday" snowflakes who like sand kicked in their faces and believe what the Sun says, who don't want Tottenham to stand up against this blatant cheating.

Every match, week in week out, Spurs play against 12 men.

I could accept not getting decisions away from home as long as we got 'home' decisions.

Even playing in front of 80,000 at Wembley we don't get anything when the old excuse for years was that big crowds like Old Trafford and Anfield influence the refs.

I could accept not getting decisions away from home as long as we got 'home' decisions.

Even playing in front of 80,000 at Wembley we don't get anything when the old excuse for years was that big crowds like Old Trafford and Anfield influence the refs.
Agreed! It's funny how they are still a few "snowflakes" who claim to support Spurs like 'Bill Madrid' (see his dopey comments earlier).
Tottenham receive the worst refereeing in the entire league!! It comes from Sky who support Arsneal and they own the PL and therefore the FA.
It's about time we smelled the coffee and stood up for our players who are being demoralised every match. I'm sick of hearing a Spurs fan on radio not defending our team against anti-Spurs refereeing. Almost as bad as reading them on here...

Seems like the perfect thread to dump this in...[Mark Clattenburg: I allowed Tottenham to self-destruct against Chelsea in 2016

I mean, what the ACTUAL FUCK?
:dembele::kanehand::pochwtf::hugoshock::levystare:
Bit late to the party on this one, but my quick thoughts on it:

A disgraceful interview that is either an outright lie or exposes horrendous and unprofessional officiating. Two options:

1. He didn't know how the match would unfold, and we were 2-0 up at halftime without committing the kind of fouls that the 2nd half descended into. Apparently part of his 'game plan' involved avoiding booking either team's players - which directly led to the game becoming increasingly violent.
2. He did know how the game would unfold, which means he purposely turned a blind eye to bad fouls - potentially putting either teams' players at risk of being injured by a reckless challenge.

Worst thing is, he's only mentioning it now because he's such an egotist he wants to make the match about him rather than Spurs, Chelsea, or Leicester winning the title. It hurts him too much to admit that he let the match/occasion get away from his control.

More fuel to the fire that the current standard of refereeing in the English league is absolutely abominable.

He is simply a c••t. By not wanting to influence the game, in fact influenced it 100% by being a coward and not dealing with the scum we came up against that day. Everyone on here Tweet thier annoyance at him .

He’s been stupid and narcissistic by doing this interview, however his main point stands up.

Referees need to have a certain amount of autonomy to not follow the letter of the law in matches and Clattdnburg chose a strategy that kept all 11 of ours on the pitch. I believe he is 100% correct in his assumption that if he’s sent off Dier, Lamela, Dembele, which he had reason to, every Spurs fan on the planet would be after his blood.

It would be years of “Clattenburg” cost us the title, etc. This way, he let us make an ass of it on our own. Or are we implying we can only stop knee high tackles if the red makes us?

He’s a dickhead, but he’s got a point. Should have just kept quiet about it.

He’s been stupid and narcissistic by doing this interview, however his main point stands up.

Referees need to have a certain amount of autonomy to not follow the letter of the law in matches and Clattdnburg chose a strategy that kept all 11 of ours on the pitch. I believe he is 100% correct in his assumption that if he’s sent off Dier, Lamela, Dembele, which he had reason to, every Spurs fan on the planet would be after his blood.

It would be years of “Clattenburg” cost us the title, etc. This way, he let us make an ass of it on our own. Or are we implying we can only stop knee high tackles if the red makes us?

He’s a dickhead, but he’s got a point. Should have just kept quiet about it.

Did you watch the game? We were 2-0 up at half time, before they started kicking lumps out of us.......
Had he done his job and showed he was in control of the game and booked some of the Chelsea players who knows what might have happened, our players might have felt protected and not lost their head , and blown a 2-0 lead?

Did you watch the game? We were 2-0 up at half time, before they started kicking lumps out of us.......
Had he done his job and showed he was in control of the game and booked some of the Chelsea players who knows what might have happened, our players might have felt protected and not lost their head , and blown a 2-0 lead?

Agree - it just shows what we always suspected, that third parties were either consciously or subconsciously helping Leicester.

Clattenburg may be an attention-seeking oaf but the only party responsible for us surrendering a two-goal lead at Stamford Bridge is us, the only person responsible for sticking his finger in Costa's eye is Dembele and so on. Would it have been better if he had sent Dier off for three redcard fouls in five minutes? Or Lamela for deliberately treading on Fabregas's hand? Or Walker for ploughing through the Chelsea winger in the first half (the first bad foul of the match)?

Chelsea niggled us, we lost our collective minds. Loads of people were posting at the time, and the general view on the podcast (as far as I remember, Windy was the only dissenting voice) was that it was brilliant, that we fucked their shit up, don't fuck with Tottenham etc.

We can't have it all ways

Back
Top Bottom