Realistically What Do You Want From Spurs In 2012/13?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we will not take advantge of the relatively easy start we have on paper as the team trys to figure out AVB's requirements and attempt not to be put off but the strange small ginger man squatting on the side lines in his tight fitting mac.- so league wise top 4 would be a bonus

A Europa League adventure please- going balls deep into that comp-etition which does this year have lots of big clubs in it- plus maybe taking the carling cup seriously as well

Think AVB will be under pressure from the press etc- so winning something probably is a requirement to show progress

Funny thing is 12 months ago AVB becoming manager would seem like we had won the lottery etc- as he was the next big thing- now it does feel a bit like sloppy seconds and concern is that we had a way of playing that worked up to a point and just needed a bit of tweaking/nous added to it- I fear AVB will attempt to re invent the wheel and it may take the players a bit of time to "get it" which means TRANSITIONAL SEASON....I remember those

Anything above Woolwich and a champions league spot. That would make me a very happy Spur.

I never for a second thought we'd win the title last season (even with the media's hard on for Harry and all the 'title contenders' shit) but losing all that ground over the scum was fucking gutting.

Doing well in the Europa would be nice too, but it depends how we cope with it - ie: as long as our league performance doesn't suffer. Ending in 3rd/4th with a CL spot is more important to me.

BerkshireYid said:
Realistic predictions, good post. As for the atmosphere.. I got told to be quiet in the paxton upper once. No swearing or anything just a normal chant that the the Park Lane had started and I wanted to start it in the paxton. Apparently not! Seems to get worse season by season.

I've said it before, but I've been shushed in the West Stand..

Ramsingh said:
BerkshireYid said:
Realistic predictions, good post. As for the atmosphere.. I got told to be quiet in the paxton upper once. No swearing or anything just a normal chant that the the Park Lane had started and I wanted to start it in the paxton. Apparently not! Seems to get worse season by season.

I've said it before, but I've been shushed in the West Stand..
That's a fucking crime.

Swearing I can understand, but telling a fellow fan to shut up, fucking disgusting. Not that I have encountered it myself.

Dru said:
Honest question - were you shushed for swearing? or just singing/chanting?
Personally I have not been shushed at all. It seems to be a Ramsingh problem, but the stewards did have words with me about swearing when I was younger.

I started chanting, 'Hello, Hello, We are the Tottenham Boys' then all I hear behind me was 'shhhh', Me, My Dad and the blokes sitting in front of me all turned around like..

:adestare:

Smoked Salmon said:
Dru said:
Honest question - were you shushed for swearing? or just singing/chanting?
Personally I have not been shushed at all. It seems to be a Ramsingh problem, but the stewards did have words with me about swearing when I was younger.

Never had a problem with any stewards inside the ground.

I could understnd if someone was shouting obcenities in the West Stand, but anything other than that is depressing to be shusshed about imo.

Odd thing is though, we carried on singing through out the game and they didn't shush again.

to take every competition we're in seriously. The Europa League may be called a mickey mouse tournament by some but they're the people who are ruining football. They're the people who celebrate finishing in 4th position because it means we can enter a competition we can't (in theory) win. We win the Europa League and it'll be the biggest night of my spurs life, which admittedly only contains 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and a few hollow victories that while enjoyable ultimately led to no silverware.

Sexy football.

AVB to at least match but preferably better anything Redknapp did before him. The 'arry lovers are praying AVB fucks up so they can say "told you so". If AVB does well I can say "told you so" which seems a much better alternative to me.

I couldn't give a rats arse about finishing above Woolwich. If we finish higher than we did this year and therefore do better than Redknapp managed then that will come anyway and will be a bonus. All that mind the gap bullshit last season annoyed me, small minded rubbish. There's a bigger picture we should all be looking at and that's not competing with Woolwich, that's competing with both Manchester clubs.

Well we got 7 wins in Feb/March, but the defeats cost us a top 4 spot, even though we would have got there any other season, we took the EL seriously and got to the knockout stage and we beat Utd away so it wasn't a total bust.

If it had fallen in our favour yesterday and Woolwich lost/drew then everyone would be saying great season. we would have had the same points. It was a good season with plenty of highs and lots of promise. #AVB and the Revolução dos Yiddos!

What do I want? same as every season, win the league, every cup we're in, beat Woolwich and Chelsea twice, and do it all playing glorious football. A night or two with some of the players wives would be nice too.

What do I think we can do? We can finish top 3 and win a cup.

What would make me happy? CL qualification.

What would I accept? top 6, but with lots of positive signs that we are going to progress (new manager and players need time) and good cup performances, one step back to take two forward is fine by me.

Anything less than that though will be a massive disappointment

And I am happy to accept that

Back
Top Bottom