Realistically What Do You Want From Spurs In 2012/13?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

to take every competition we're in seriously. The Europa League may be called a mickey mouse tournament by some but they're the people who are ruining football. They're the people who celebrate finishing in 4th position because it means we can enter a competition we can't (in theory) win. We win the Europa League and it'll be the biggest night of my spurs life, which admittedly only contains 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and a few hollow victories that while enjoyable ultimately led to no silverware.

Sexy football.

AVB to at least match but preferably better anything Redknapp did before him. The 'arry lovers are praying AVB fucks up so they can say "told you so". If AVB does well I can say "told you so" which seems a much better alternative to me.

I couldn't give a rats arse about finishing above Woolwich. If we finish higher than we did this year and therefore do better than Redknapp managed then that will come anyway and will be a bonus. All that mind the gap bullshit last season annoyed me, small minded rubbish. There's a bigger picture we should all be looking at and that's not competing with Woolwich, that's competing with both Manchester clubs.

If it had fallen in our favour yesterday and Woolwich lost/drew then everyone would be saying great season. we would have had the same points. It was a good season with plenty of highs and lots of promise. #AVB and the Revolução dos Yiddos!

Kris

Shelf Side Tottenham
Realistically What Do You Want From Spurs In 2012/13?

I would love a cup double.
FA + League Cup
Or
Europa + League Cup

Europa League winners
3rd place (title challenge)
Strong FA Cup run

But most importantly: Playing majestic football.

Moon on a stick only if we can fit it into our schedule.

Ultra realist: Cup and Top 5

Realist: Cup and Top 3

Optimist: Win Europa League, final of another cup, good run in another one, and to keep in touch with the title challengers throughout season

If we end up finishing 5th or 6th the media will jump on AVB and Levy saying 'SPURS GOING BACKWARDS!' Etc. Etc.

But in reality that would be no failure, it's a transitional season :)

Pyro_era said:
Finishing above Woolwich. Anything else is a bonus.
I can't think like that as much as i want to because right now that's all the Gooners want, to finish above us.

Top 4 finish and the Europa for me.

But in reality that would be no failure, it's a transitional season

This is what I was saying to a :goonermong: yesterday, but as per usual, "NO TOP 4 EQUALS A WASTED SEASON"

spooky said:
Europa League winners
3rd place (title challenge)
Strong FA Cup run

But most importantly: Playing majestic football.

Moon on a stick only if we can fit it into our schedule.

'Dass a bit men'al, surely? I really can't see us even doing as well as we did last time out as AVB start to reshape the club.

Back
Top Bottom