Question for you...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never believed it would happen and think it was just a negotiating ploy to get agreement for what the club wanted in Tottenham. At that time we were being asked for massive amounts of money for infrastructure outside the ground. It was getting as if it would never happen.

Same. Was never a genuine thing in my opinion.

Anyhow. Had it somehow happened I think I would have carried on. Geographically this is not a Wimbledon/MK move. It's a few miles, and we have a fan base spanning most of it with many from outside to the North and East especially.

Also I do lol a bit at this E and N postcode line divide being mentioned, as if it's the North South Korea boarder or something... lots of Spurs in East and Essex way.

Same. Was never a genuine thing in my opinion.

Anyhow. Had it somehow happened I think I would have carried on. Geographically this is not a Wimbledon/MK move. It's a few miles, and we have a fan base spanning most of it with many from outside to the North and East especially.

Also I do lol a bit at this E and N postcode line divide being mentioned, as if it's the North South Korea boarder or something... lots of Spurs in East and Essex way.

3 of the clubs shops are here in Essex! I think some people think Hertfordshire is the only catchment area!

if it were in that shambles of an OS, I'd only be going to away matches.

but the deal with Stratford was to build identical to NDP. I'd've been ok with that. I think its 10 mins Northumberland Pk to Stratford on train.

we just need Northumberland Park tube depot to be converted to a tube station on the Vic line. 61,000 going to WHL overground or Tottenham Hale tube will be a right pain.
Just like the good 'ole days.....
c7bee7f6e8251ac319d16670f93e01a7--high-road-warsaw.jpg

Never believed it would happen and think it was just a negotiating ploy to get agreement for what the club wanted in Tottenham. At that time we were being asked for massive amounts of money for infrastructure outside the ground. It was getting as if it would never happen.
I've heard people say that now, personally I don't believe it for a second. Why would Spurs be spying on West Ham's bid if they weren't serious and it was all a bluff?

Remember this being talked about a lot on DML back in the day.

I always thought if we moved I would still go there because.... well it’s Spurs, it’s what I do and have done most of my life. So be hard to change that habit of a lifetime. The badge and the shirt would still be the same (maybe).

But the Say no to Stratford campaign really hit it on the head for me. We are North London.

Someone pointing out how would you feel at the first NLD in Stratford? And then forever after that? Really how would that feel?

It just wouldn’t be the same.

I always thought Levy was bluffing a bit though. Remember him saying we would never redevelop in Tottenham even if the OS bid failed. All bargaining chips at the end of the day.

Thank fuck history will laugh at the joke of a football stadium West Ham got and look upon our stadium with awe.

It would have killed it for me. I don’t really give a fuck about modern football and Tottenham moving out of Tottenham would have been the end for me. I suppose I would still have watched on TV when the opportunity arose, but I would never have travelled to Stratford. It’s not just the club, but the area that does it for me.

I don't really see it as north London club, south London club etc. You're talking a matter of 3 miles. Fan bases for London clubs stretch all over London and the suburbs..
Might as well have groundshared the emirates this season too while we're at it....

The point isn't just the distance. People have spent generations walking the same paths to WHL. How is going to West Ham to watch Spurs no different?!

Might as well have groundshared the emirates this season too while we're at it....

The point isn't just the distance. People have spent generations walking the same paths to WHL. How is going to West Ham to watch Spurs no different?!

Oye I agree that's why I wouldn't want us to move. I just mean distance wise it's not a big deal.

The main thing I miss about whl is the area. Stratford is a soulless wasteland with no community.

Got a JOHN Lewis though...

THFC, the club moving a few miles wouldn't have changed so much that I wouldn't support them.
Fair enough- all about opinions. For me it wasn't so much the distance as where it was, Stratford being West Ham's manor, not ours. I would have been able to grudgingly accept moving to another part of North London, even if it was further away, or even out to South Hertfordshire. Which is strange in many ways, but it's the way I see it. Football is a funny game as are the emotions it stirs in us.

I don't see people who would have followed the club to Stratford as less of a fan. In some cases, like you, they are very loyal fans. It's just different fans see things in a different way...for me the local identity/tribal geography (for want of a better term) aspect of the club is of utmost importance.

Mmmm Heart says FC Hotspur,head says THFC
Though a major part of the later would have a died and i wouldn't have set foot in the OS.
As for following a smaller club,plenty out there to have an affair with.Lower league football is great and made me realise i still love football in general and not just Spurs....The Sky/Premiership union of evil did start to make question whether i was still a fan of the game in general.
Haha no affairs here mate I'm too faithful, not even a non-league one night stand...though I agree with you when I've been with mates of different clubs lower league football is great.

Option C an other-Southend FC as the club is now my local club. If we moved to Stratford or joined a European super league or bought by an Oil baron pretty sure this is the way I would go.
Again, fair enough, I can remember a few people saying they would choose that sort of option in the midst of the Stratford saga. I have two friends that support Southend and I must have been to watch them 30+ times over the years, their away fans are fantastic IMO.

Option C an other-Southend FC as the club is now my local club. If we moved to Stratford or joined a European super league or bought by an Oil baron pretty sure this is the way I would go.

I have Canvey Island FC to fall back on too i guess (whom i watch occasionally anyway)....

Again, fair enough, I can remember a few people saying they would choose that sort of option in the midst of the Stratford saga. I have two friends that support Southend and I must have been to watch them 30+ times over the years, their away fans are fantastic IMO.

Lol... No doubt... Must be a right rabble!

Back
Top Bottom