Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What an amazing response!

So according to you anyone who criticises a manager is a "SHIT FAN"!

Let me guess you're about 12 yrs old with no friends and coming on here making ridiculous comments like that (I've read some of your other posts!) is the highlight of your life!

And if you bothered to read my posts I do go to games just not as many as I wd like!

Now do one!
:adelol:

I was actually backing you and your post, but fire away

Really???

And I thought you were accusing me of being a "shit fan" for criticising our manager!

Plenty of us about then!

An alternative view...
Trigger happy chairman +Director of Football=senior strategy team.
Players bought with a Bale windfall by Director of Football pre TImmeh or Poch.
Nobody can work with those players in any meaningful way- AVB, TImmeh or Poch.
AVB & TImmeh get their marching orders, having tried to roll the turd in glitter.
Poch is under pressure to work with a Director of Football who has been told he can't sign anyone else outside of the financial structure.
Director of football speaks to Poch & agrees that certain areas need strengthening- then signs cheaper versions of the players Poch identified. Poch is left to work with bargain bucket versions of the players he wanted. He decides they aren't good enough & certainly nowhere near what he asked for. So he plays the same increasingly tired lads after the deflating experience of losses in FA cup, EL & a cup final (following a promising start up to the end of the transfer winds in January) because he knows who he can rely on, even if they are half fucked, inexperienced & deflated at the end of a season where they have carried the rest of the squad, many of whom are too busy sending selfies & tweeting to fight for a place in the team...or the plainly bad signings from before Poch's name was even whispered.
That's a plausible scenario. As plausible as Poch is just shit & we are regressing.
Maybe the hierarchy at Spurs hear the moans & groans of the fans. Maybe it's the hierarchy who sense the unrest & generate uncertainty in the corridors of power-& react too swiftly to that? Maybe it's the structure that's wrong rather than AVB<Tim<Poch? Maybe they were/are good managers in their own way who just couldn't/can't work with the senior strategy board at THFC? What pisses me off is that in a mixed first season (we battered the Chavs & Woolwich rather than the recent annual humiliation) people are questioning the managers ability. This is how we keep ending up with a new manager every full moon. We can piss around on here saying how shit the team was today, how bad a signing "x" was or why we didn't sign "y", how crap Verts was, how wonderful Lloris & Kane are (& how do we keep them here) & what went wrong with Paulinho, Vlad, Bobby etc.
What if the board room at WHL is anything like TFC??

Truth is, we should put faith in the manager & for once, hope the board does as well. Because the fucking circus will keep on rolling if we keep swapping managers to try & sort out the clusterfuck of a series of earlier decisions/transfers. I defy anyone to say they didn't get a bit horny about some of our performances this year. Far from the finished article in many respects but the youngest team in the league playing like they have sometimes? & yes, playing like a group of inexperienced, tired youngsters on occasions too. I think I see what the manager is trying to do. I offer an alternative view of what pressures he & the "reliable" ones in his team may be under. If you don't like it or disagree with me, I know who you are likely to be & you know where the X button is:avbfu:
Nice post Boltonspur. I'm not as sure as you about putting our faith in Poch, but you put across some good positive points.
I expect, even if we flop to 8th this season, for Poch to get the start of next season. I'm nowhere near confident he'll finish next season with us.

gam16.gif

Joins 2 weeks ago

Jumps straight into the deep troll threads

Textbook multi, ladies and gents

What difference does it make when I joined?

Is this a forum or an old boys club?

Looking through a lot of the threads you don't seem too popular yourself!

But who cares?

Textbook multi?

:levylol:

Is this a forum or an old boys club?

Shamefully, it's the latter. Anyone new tends to get cunted off or accused of being a troll/multi etc. Arce supports United (3,000 posts on their forum!) and Madrid, as well as posting on Man City forums. As a result he calls everyone a mult...I think it's to ease his own sense of guilt.

Use the ignore button liberally on certain people, it'll make life a lot better and get rid of most of the shit.

Thank you for the advice J!

:adethumbup:

I'm a genuine Spurs fan and just want to have lively debate with like minded people not swap childish insults!
:vdvshh:

Back
Top Bottom