Pre-Season 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very excited to see how we play, only pre season but if we get Maddison over the line, I can imagine a midfield of Sarr - Bissouma - Maddison whilst Bentancur is injured

Getting the big signing ready for pre season is huge too, think we will suprise afew

Players involved in international games in June will be 'late' back for the start of preseason which is expected to start on 1 July. Those players are :
Oliver Skipp (E u21), Perisic (Croatia), Romero (Argentina), Lo Celso (Argentina), Son (south Korea), Kulusevski (Sweden), Davies (Wales), Rodon (Wales), Hojbjerg (Denmark), Kane (England), Parrott (R of Ireland), Sanchez (Columbia), Sarrr (Senegal), Richarlison (Brazil), Udogie (Italy u21's)

So players who should be back for start of pre-season on 1 July should include :

GK - Foster, Auston, Whiteman (Lloris ?)
CB's - Dier, Tanganga
FB's - Royal, Spence, Sessegnon, Reguilon, Porro
CM's - Bissouma, White, Winks, Ndombele (Bentancur assumed injured)
Forwards - Gil

I'd expect a few u21's to join the first team group, certainly until players come back after a 3 week holiday break after internationals. Players who might join up might include :

CB's - Dorrington, Paskotsi and Sayers
Midfield - Devine, Craig, Abbott, Kyerematen
Forwards - Scarlett, Donley, Lankshear and maybe Moore

Above are players I'd expect to be available on 1 July at start of season - most internationals not due back until 10th July due to June international games

My biggest conclusion from that:

Reguilon has tooth picks for legs!
Honest to fuck,it looks like a chore for some of them. Get a bit about yourselves and show a bit of enthusiasm going into your work. Footballers are boring nowadays. Very few characters left. Biss,Royal and Bentancur look happy to be back. Dead lice falling off Spence,Sess,Reguilon,Ndombele and Tanganga. It’s the best days of your lives guys!!! Enjoy it.
That’s what I got from that.

Preseason could be a nightmare for coaches with 33 players to train as listed now on first team squad list on OS with all returning loanees included

Back
Top Bottom