Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

- If he was Harry Winks - having exactly the same performance -, people would be complaining. Not aggressive enough, not creative enough, etc.

I disagree he is doing exactly what Winks does not do and that is pass the ball forward almost every time he gets it, and doing it quickly. I wish we saw this kind of passing and quick decisions out of Winks.

I mean I'm not sure what people expect Ndombele to do here. He's controlling the middle comfortably enough, but he has nothing ahead of him worth passing to. Dude is still beating players and playing incisive passes when he wants to but due to the quality in front of him, it's been rarer than I'd like.

With lo Celso, Kane, and Bergwijn in the starting 11, and someone like hojberg in midfield behind him, I think he'd be running the show. Can't do much with basically only son and aurier as his outlets.

Not really sure what type of football we're meant to be playing here though, must admit.

Maybe Jose is just trying to get these games over and done with - but there doesn't really look like a plan. We aren't trying out anything different in terms of a way to get through a packed defence and so many times we've just looked to knock it over the top for Son.

Rotation playing 2 or 3 matches a week......and if we get injuries.

That's when he may become a reular starter.....same throughout the squad. Going to be a long difficult season

Lamela will play.

Not in important matches though - if everyone is available.

No chance.

We're literally missing 8 starters.

Why people melt at friendlies, I'll never know.

Who is melting?

I don't understand when people critique players it always gets spun at melting.

Missing 8 starters or not I am not sure that excuses the poor play we have seen from Moura, Alli and Lamela, especially when the problems they are having today are the same issues they have had for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom