Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a preseason game without most of our first team, nothing to care about really. The first goal came from nobody closing down and the ball deflecting past Hart and the second a bit of silliness from a youngster.

At least Ndombele is looking mobile and actually showing for the ball. Let's hope he can offer something to the team if he stays this season.

Its not just the goals against we have created zero chances and are clearly the 2nd best team out there.

Lamela, Alli and Moura have also been our 3 worst players out there and with 2 of them likely to be starting for us that should be concerning.

I hope Ndombele do well this season, and I think he is having an "ok" performance today.

However, I can separate what I want from what I´m seeing:

- If he was Harry Winks - having exactly the same performance -, people would be complaining. Not aggressive enough, not creative enough, etc.
- Hojbjerg is already being missed. Is like our double pivot is "naked" - playing against a championship team. Ndombele is part of it.
I agree, lacking aggression. I don’t want to make excuses for him as there has been enough over the past year but to be fair the guy has just recovered from covid and is also playing his first minutes since the 45 against Bournemouth earlier in the year.

Can't wait for Lucas to start on the opening day.

tenor.gif
Beef House!

Last edited:
With the options we have Lamela really shouldn't be playing in any big matches for us. He's a black hole with the ball. He's like what Lucas' worst critics think he is.

as much as I've tried to support Lamela (and I've critizised Moura as well), I have to agree.
Lamela is essentially slower version of Moura that has worse shot on him as well :( .

Just hogging the ball and slowing us down. Would be up to see him sold and taking chance of someone new even say for 15-20 mil range. With him we have guaranteed mediocrity even though he works and tries hard.

Haven't seen any of game. What's the verdict on Ndombele so far?

I think with the ball he has been by far our best midfielder, especially early on. I liked that he constantly looked to move the ball forward while everyone else was constantly passing it back.

Didn't bust a gut out there, which at this point seems to just be what he will always do, and I thought halfway through the half he seemed to get a little tired of constantly passing forward only for it to be passed back right away but that is likely me reading too much into his body language.

In a very uninspiring half for Spurs I would say he or Son were our best player. There is certainly something there with him but he does leave you wanting more even when he is making nice plays. I would like to see him try to take over a little more and boss the game since the rest of the team seem happy to just go through the motions.

With the options we have Lamela really shouldn't be playing in any big matches for us. He's a black hole with the ball. He's like what Lucas' worst critics think he is.

With the fixture list we have, Lamela will be playing in important matches - unless we upgrade in the remaining weeks of TW

I agree, lacking aggression. I don’t want to make excuses for him as there has been enough over the past year but to be fair the guy has just recovered from covid and is also playing his first minutes since the 45 against Watford earlier in the year.

Just play him as a #10 and have him feed Harry and the wide-players....

PEH / GLC
SB / TN / Son
Kane​

....Then just firm up for the toughest games as required.

Agreed.
This line up is 2 players away fro being a Spurs X1

Agreed.
This line up is only 2 players away from being a "Spurs XI"

Lloris, Doherty, Alderweireld, Davies, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Bergwijn and Kane all walk into this team.

A shame we couldn't have all available for today ready for next week.

Back
Top Bottom