Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jose and Sacramentao were all about counter attacking football and it stank the place out. How did Conte's counter attacking football work in his second season at Chelsea? How many players from Chelseas academy make it into his team. All I'm saying is that Levy clearly spelt out his vision for Spurs moving forward. Hiring Conte does not fit with that vision and it's typical Levy either blatantly lying to the fans to temporarily appease us to deflect from his continuing ineptitude or he really just goes whichever way the wind is blowing and has genuinely no idea what he is doing

This.

I see no point in Conte, there is a rebuilding job to be done, he's got to depend on Hitchens to get players.
He can't get rid of Winks and Sissoko. He's going to get pissed off quickly.

Conte situation suddenly change the frame isnt it? Conte or Allegri is the only name that would put some calm onto our squad and club regarding immediate future. Allegri has his eyes on Madrid, but now Conte has everybody wondering.
He doesn't check all the checklist stated by Ali Gold, but i wouldn't against him.
Just a few thoughts in mind, one is that he is really hot headed and a little bit animated, hence he doesnt seem like a keeper for a long term.

Second is, the way he plays, our squad right now is exactly the antithesis of what he needed. Precisely he needs 3 good CB and a industrious midfield. That means there will need to be a lot of money to provide those. I know we are going to need to improve that area anyway, but he is going to need a lot more.

I see no point in Conte, there is a rebuilding job to be done, he's got to depend on Hitchens to get players.
He can't get rid of Winks and Sissoko. He's going to get pissed off quickly.

I think that if Conte is coming there isn't much chance he is going to be relying on Hitchen for anything.

Meanwhile on Spurs community, Hercules rocks up with Willy in hand

“ I was told a few weeks back that Conte was our main target. I couldn’t disclose this info for obvious reasons “
Priceless

I suppose he got 50 likes after 5 minutes

What a twat

Levy's chairman statement

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent

That is not Conte
Oh yeah because Levy has a history of being transparent and sticking to his words doesn’t he.

Back
Top Bottom