Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Levy's chairman statement

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent

That is not Conte
At least with respect to the attacking football part, his Inter side this year were 2nd in goals scored.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent

That is not Conte
I think he said something similar just before hiring AVB.

That is not Conte
It is also not true.

If we try and play this kind of football and end up mid-table the coach will be history.

If all of our options are the likes of Potter, Martinez, Parker etc and Conte suddenly becomes available without a club, it’s literally a no brainer and a drastic change as Ally Gold put it.

nLzlgGU.jpg

xs8laDF.png

Imagine the potential bucket merchandise sales, Mr. Levy...

Premier League bucket.
Europa Conference League bucket.
FA Cup bucket.
League Cup bucket.

I got a text this morning from a Italian friend who knows of a toilet cleaner who works for a certain club who said it's going to get pretty crazy soon. I can't repeat what he said but trust me, some of the rumors have weight to them. More info in the next 24-720 hours.

Deianira [ ITK Tier 0 ]

Pretty much every "ITK" idiot :mourshock:

It's where the media is really killer. We'll bring in an intriguing and exciting new hire like ten Hag, but because the media made up a story about Conte, we'll all be depressed.

And people will spin it as Ten Hag coming in to be a yes man because Conte wouldn't come in to do what Levy wanted.

That is not Conte
Conte's sides are free-flowing in counter-attacks. Also, I don't know where this "Conte doesn't use young talent" narrative came from. Pogba? Bastoni? Barrella? Made Lautaro a superstar? I've said it previously as well, as long as it fits his system and is competent at his job, Conte doesn't care how young or old a player is.

Conte's sides are free-flowing in counter-attacks. Also, I don't know where this "Conte doesn't use young talent" narrative came from. Pogba? Bastoni? Barrella? Made Lautaro a superstar? I've said it previously as well, as long as it fits his system and is competent at his job, Conte doesn't care how young or old a player is.
Jose and Sacramentao were all about counter attacking football and it stank the place out. How did Conte's counter attacking football work in his second season at Chelsea? How many players from Chelseas academy make it into his team. All I'm saying is that Levy clearly spelt out his vision for Spurs moving forward. Hiring Conte does not fit with that vision and it's typical Levy either blatantly lying to the fans to temporarily appease us to deflect from his continuing ineptitude or he really just goes whichever way the wind is blowing and has genuinely no idea what he is doing

Back
Top Bottom