Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's actually the only manager in the world, Poch included, that would be best on both scenarios. Kane stays, no comment. Kane leaves, he can rebuild a team like he wants, with a striker that he wants (possibly Lukaku).
Strangely familiar.
28AD79DF00000578-0-image-a-11_1435397090199.jpg

Intriguing if we do get him.

Suggests we will be spending a *lot* of money.
While I realise popular opinion here is the squad/team are irrecoverably shite, I actually thinks it's only a few players from being really competitive.

Might take a few smart buys, rather than huge investment to have us really challenging

While I realise popular opinion here is the squad/team are irrecoverably shite, I actually thinks it's only a few players from being really competitive.

Might take a few smart buys, rather than huge investment to have us really challenging
Chelsea looked so, so old after Jose. Big money players, big names, but just at the end of the line collectively.

Conte came in and bought Kante, Alonso, and David frickin' Luiz, a substantial outlay no doubt, pushed Oscar, Ivanovich, and Fabregas to the margins, and boom, day 1, brand new team.

It can be done with less time and less agony than you think.

Conte would be a great appointment IF we spend money to rebuild the squad. I think we would need to keep Kane and spend the money though, selling Kane (unless we replace with with Haaland) would completely fuck us regardless of the manager coming in.

A few in and a handful out and you might be right. Certainly there are some players that are operating below their potential. There's also a bunch that are just rubbish at football.

Chelsea looked so, so old after Jose. Big money players, big names, but just at the end of the line collectively.

Conte came in and bought Kante, Alonso, and David frickin' Luiz, a substantial outlay no doubt, pushed Oscar, Ivanovich, and Fabregas to the margins, and boom, day 1, brand new team.

It can be done with less time and less agony than you think.
Absolutely my point, and tbh I was speaking more generally than of Conte specifically.

Easy to look like the while squad is terrible when it's on the floor lacking in all enthusiasm and drive.

The right manager lifting spirits and giving purpose is hugely transformative

A few in and a handful out and you might be right. Certainly there are some players that are operating below their potential. There's also a bunch that are just rubbish at football.
Certainly not suggesting there's no work to be done, only really that talk of a full/painful rebuild is not necessarily the case.

Some smart business, few in and a few out, could have us absolutely rocking next season

Conte might come in a look at Sanchez and Rodon and think ‘I can work with these young guys’

we’re all agreed - Dier, winks. Lamela, Sissoko, Aurier should go.

Back
Top Bottom