Poch seasons compared

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay, so a slightly frightening stat is that in the 16-17 season, Poch managed 8 more points in the second half of the season. Fast forward to the 17-18 season, and Poch managed 9 more points in the second half of that season. He has never finished a season worse than he started it so far, and this season we are half way through with 45 points.

Based on the past four seasons, it is unlikely that we will score less than 90 points overall this season. Furthermore, if he continues consistent progression of the previous two seasons, and scores 10 more points this season, we will score 100 points. However, to do that would mean scoring 55 points in the second half of the season. That would equate to winning every remaining game and drawing one. And we don't do draws..

OvkFVgS.png

we're level on points with pochettino''s best ever start at spurs!

The standard has changed. We no longer look like a side capable of competing with the top
sorry mate i have to call bollocks on this one...

that win against Madrid came on the back of two defeats (one at home to WH ffs), and in the following 5 games we lost to Woolwich and leicester and drew with watford and and west brom. a solitory win 1-0 (late) v palace made it a dismal spell, domestically at least. Not sure what you were watching but that was not a spell in which we looked like contenders in any way.

The standard has changed. We no longer look like a side capable of competing with the top

Imagine if we did win the league with a record points total after going the season unbeaten...

"That stupid prick Poch still picked Sissoko AND he misplaced one of his passes! Fucking shambles Tottenham!"

93/94 - 45pts
96/97 - 46pts
97/98 - 44 pts
98/99 - 47pts
03/04 - 45pts
07/08 - 46pts

18/19 - 45pts

Looking like a pretty average season... presuming we lose the next 19 games

The hope that kills you. If there is "normal" City, I would really believe. But even like this, if we can be 2-3 points off top by coming to NWHL, I would still have a real hope.

9 wins in 12 games.
4 games at Wembley and 8 away games. Leading the table in away games. Imagine if we were playing at our home..

The hope that kills you. If there is "normal" City, I would really believe. But even like this, if we can be 2-3 points off top by coming to NWHL, I would still have a real hope.

9 wins in 12 games.
4 games at Wembley and 8 away games. Leading the table in away games. Imagine if we were playing at our home..
And playing well with a fully fit squad.

Back
Top Bottom