Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Mauricio Pochettino not facing the sack as Tottenham say it's business as usual after Bayern Munich thrashing

Spurs do not feel the need to give Pochettino any vote of confidence or public backing, as they view the current situation far off reaching any sort of crisis point or need for intervention.

Levy is confident Tottenham can still qualify from Group B of the Champions League and that Pochettinco’s side remain more than capable of once again finishing inside the top four of the Premier League.

What do you mean we couldn't beat them? We could have had we not "shit it"
Teams lose the title in a title race. Liverpool lost the title race while playing great, Mancity were just better.

But get out of a title race and not even end up with a CL spot is way worse and rightfully he got the sack. How are you not following .

That's a completely separate point and situation, that's not the issue Tottenham have or had with Poch. Poch shouldn't have been joking about leaving if he got little old Tottenham to win the CL final because it would be such a miracle.

If you are actually leaving, for personal reasons, for a break, for whatever, it's a more formal/factual thing. Dependent on how it's handled it could go well or not go well, dependent on how the players feel about the manager.

But I commented originally on Poch said he'd do, which has nothing to do with what Pep said when he was actually officially leaving his club.
Fair enough. I don't think I like the idea of us getting a new manager & then in December of his 3rd season it's announced he is leaving at the end of the season.
Yeah your right poch shouldn't have said that, but levy still employs him. Is levy shirking his responsibility to get rid of the manager? Surely the manager is a crucial position so the chairman needs to make strong decisive decisions. Or maybe levy thinks poch needs more time & will turn things around & that is the smarter move? Or does enic & Lewis tell levy what to do on that front?

Last edited:
Fair enough. I don't think I like the idea of us getting a new manager & then in December of his 3rd season it's announced he is leaving at the end of the season.
Yeah your right poch shouldn't have said that, but levy still employs him. Is levy shirking his responsibility to get rid of the manager? Surely the manager is a crucial position so the chairman needs to make strong decisive decisions. Or maybe levy thinks poch needs more time & will turn things around & that is the smarter move? Or does enic & Lewis tell levy what to do on that front?

I think Levy should've said to Poch many times by now (if he hasn't), don't say anything in the press that belittles the club. The club is bigger than you so pipe down, be positive and talk about how great the club is, then I'll keep paying you each month.

I’m a huge fan of Jan V and Toby A, but if they can’t or won’t commit to the club, they shouldn’t be played. Play Sanchez and Dier / Foyth instead as at least they may be committed.

Same goes for Eriksen, Rose and Aurier. Be committed. Try your arse off. Or fuck off.

Does our manager have the stones to do the above? Doubtful. Maybe I’m alone in thinking this, but why play half a team that won’t be here next season?

He fucking better be at £8m a year. Real Madrid aren’t going to come knocking after a 2-7.
Isn't it strange that we lose 2-7 and everyone says "Don't blame Poch it's the fault of the players not him" and yet when we discuss the possibility of other clubs trying to lure him away suddenly the 2-7 defeat means no-one would want Poch as manager, indicating the defeat is down to him. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I guess we just give the answers we want to suit the questions asked.

I want a manager that is a modern leader, that analyses stuff, makes educated decisions. That has a clear plan how to play, with a scouting team that uses the best possible analysing methods in order to find the players best suited for the type of play that the plan dictates. And fits what the team needs. I want the football to be modern withh hard press, fast transisitions and a clear pattern of how to break down "park the bus teams". I want a manager that employs state of the art physicians that trains the players so they are the fittest and that they resist typical strain injuries. I also want a manager that uses sports psychologists in order to mentally prepare the players to perform against any team. I want a manager that is able to see early in a game if something is wrong and make changes in tactics and players in order to fix it. I want a manager that has a plan B if plan A doesnt work. I want a manager that doesn't play he's favourite players but the players best suited for doing the job.

I don't want a matchomanager that lets his feelings dictate how he acts.

That rules Morinho out. I'm not very keen on keeping Pochettino for longer than this season either, and I wouldn't be unhappy if he gets the boot tomorrow.

Does my dream manager exist. Probably not. But there must be a lot of managers closer to that than Poch, sadly enough.

Who? I don't know. I really like Potter at Brighton but he's probably not ready yet? Nagelsman? Is Tuchel ready to leave PSG after this season? Is Allegri to defensive? The American guy at RB Salzburg? I really don't know. But I don't think Poch is the one to make this team take the next step.

Last edited:
I want a manager that is a modern leader, that analyses stuff, makes educated decisions. That has a clear plan how to play, with a scouting team that uses the best possible analysing methods in order to find the players best suited for the type of play that the plan dictates. And fits the team needs. I want the football to be modern with
hard press, fast transisitions and a clear pattern of how to break down "park the bus teams". I want a manager that employs state of the art physicians that trains the players so they are the fittest and that they resist typical strain injuries. I also want s manager that uses sports psychologists in order to mentally prepare the players to perform against any team. I want a manager that is able to see early in a game if something is wrong and make changes in tactics and players in order to fix it. I want a manager that has a plan B if plan A doesnt work. I want a manager that doesn't play he's favourite players but there players best suited for doing the job.

I don't want a matchomanager that lets his feelings dictate how he acts.

That rules Morinho out. I'm not very keen on keeping Pochettino for longer than this season either, and I wouldn't be unhappy if he gets the boot tomorrow.

Does my dream manager exist. Probably not. But there must be a lot of managers closer to that than Poch, sadly enough.

Who? I don't know. I really like Potter at Brighton but he's probably not ready yet? Nagelsman? Is Tuchel ready to leave PSG after this season? Is Allegri to defensive? The American guy at RB Salzburg? I really don't know. But I don't think Poch is the one to make this team take the next step.
The big issue is Poch saying he needs to start rebuilding in January. Levy stating the club needs to build from the bottom up regarding players coming in instead of spending lavishly. That is an impasse the club will not be able to solve. I just cannot see Daniel giving Poch any more money to spend. If anyone receives a windfall it will be a new manager who would naturally demand a transfer budget to bring in the players he considers necessary to turn the club around.
Personally I think all will be concluded by Christmas at the very latest. They won't pay him £32m but I can see Levy negotiating a settlement deal.It would allow Poch to say he has decided he can take the club no further and is leaving by mutual agreement. Solves a lot of problems doing it that way.

Love how he bloke presenting it used Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb numerous times haha

Also love how he decided to completely ignore the collective Poch vote completely battering his agenda. If he's going to talk about the Poch out brigade, why not mention the ones saying to stick with him etc?
Also used my comment incorrectly . I should clarify: Pochettino should not be sacked; he deserves to sort this mess out. Most other fans are not aware of our terrible form. I said he should leave because I think he wants to leave.

Back
Top Bottom